Thread: BET Awards Tonight

Credits

BET Awards Tonight

http://www.bet.com/2ndbetawards/

vote for the video of the year:
    http://www.bet.com/viewerschoice/

Credits

RE: BET Awards Tonight

After seeing the commercial with the Halle Berry/Lil Kim parody I won't miss dis!!!!

Credits

for real, the halle berry one was the best. didn't they do one for the people who thank God way too much (if that's possible)? i thought i caught a glimpse of it once, but i never saw it again...

Credits

Isn't it great to have a warped sense of humor LOL!!!!!

trinitat

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-02 AT 05:21 PM (EST)]yuh damn right 'cause when i first saw that one about halle with the man-beast rolling on the floor - ah thought ah woulda dead with laugh :):)

Credits

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-02 AT 09:13 AM (EST)]tell me ya'll saw ja-rule FIGHTING with his pants to take it off during his performance with charli baltimore!!! i was weak! he spent about 2-3mins trying to get it off his foot...his was running across the stage with it dragging along, then he got fed up and it literally looked like he was fighting with it! the crowd was feeling him though, so it didn't matter. he was worse than diana ross last night with his outfit changes! he sang with charli, ashanti (who actually sang good last night!) and mary...he eh easy nah!

i just love "ursher" (according to tiffany from bet!), he is too sweet and those moves and chest! :o b2k are too cute, and where do these young boys feel dey goin wit all dem muscles?! i was vex that they beat aaliyah in the viewer's choice awards though. oh lord, when they did the little tribute to her and left eye, allyuh could imagine my state! (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)

DID YA'LL SEE JANET JACKSON?!!! what a body...it is UNREAL!!!

muhammad ali was nice to see, but it's sad to see him in that condition. he still told will (smith) that he wasn't as pretty as him though! i like what his daughter said when she won "female athlete of the year", she said that she wanted to thank her husband, and it's important to have a good man behind you, and she has her a good man, etc. and the earth, wind and fire tribute, and their performance was excellent! chaka khan still looks good!

how could i forget india arie actually winning an award!!! i was happy for her. she's a talented artist and is always being outshined by alicia keys...but not in de black people awards! :)

all in all i enjoyed the awards, it was nice...and is will and jada not the cutest couple you've ever seen?!

Credits

Yes Janet Jackson's body is unreal...no really..didn't she have some work done to get that? Still passes in my book.

Credits

i heard she took out her last set of ribs to show more muscle definition...eh eh, like they aren't there for a reason!

Credits

SUGE KNIGHT AND SNOOP!!

http://www.bet.com/articles/0,,c3gb3033-3695,00.html

There were some tense moments during a commercial break when it appeared to those in the audience that Suge Knight and Snoop Dogg were ready to rumble. Suge, dressed in bright red leather, sat right across from Snoop when a seat become available. The two exchanged words and things quickly got tense. Since the show was broadcast live to the East Coast, for a minute it looked like the confrontation would spill over into the broadcast. Steve Harvey asked for respect, then Suge walked to the stage and the two men had a brief conversation. Snoop moved to toward the backstage entrance, but stayed visible there for most of the show.

"I talked to Suge and asked him for respect and Suge said he would never disrespect the event," Steve Harvey said backstage later.

Credits

They Won

Credits

http://www.bet.com/articles/0,,c2gb3033pg2-3695,00.html

here are my fav's from this article:

Worst Dressed: Never did I think I would type these words but what style was that that Diddy was rocking with the loudly patterned shirt and straw hat? When you set the trends, people expect a lot from you.

Funniest Moment: During his performance of "Down Ass ----" Ja Rule couldn't get the parachute pants off that he started his show in, stripping them off to reveal leather pants. Unfortunately the pants got stuck and it took three or four good tugs before he was freed. Still, he didn't miss a beat.

Most Touching Offstage Moment: During a commercial break, Hits of '"Hits From the Street" came onstage, said that great things come in twos and asked his girlfriend, who was in the audience, to marry him. She came to the stage, and in front of a stunned audience, Hits got down on one knee and gave her a ring.

Most Heartfelt Tribute: Big Boi from Outkast dedicated the group's award to Khujo from the Goodie MOB, who was badly hurt in a car accident the night before. Reports said that both of his legs were amputated.

Most Honest Winner: Muhammad Ali said that he almost missed the plane to come to the Awards. After Will Smith presented him with the Humanitarian Award, he said "Is this all I get?"

Best Speech: Best New Artist winner Alicia Keys, apparently having observed the altercation between Suge and Snoop, said "We have lost too many people for no reason and we don't need to perpetuate that. This is for all the people that we lost."