Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best N.B.A. Defender of all time?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMonger View Post
    Whether the Bulls owned the Knicks or not is irrelevant. I'm a Houston fan btw. You must be a biased Bulls fan from that era to argue otherwise.

Pippen had a rightly earned rep for being softie much of his career. (Thd migraine game). You could be physical with him and he'd shy away....which is what Xavier McDaniels did to him at both ends of the floor in the '92 playoffs. Xman bossed him.

LOL I remember MJ stepping in and taking a T when Softie was getting an earful from Xman. Dude was shook.
    in typical delusional KNICK fan fashion always remember shit the didn't happen. I will do nothing to sway you mind. fact of the matter is you don't become on of the 50 greatest players of all time by being soft.

now if you want to talk about the an entire career being soft ALLAN HOUSTON would be a more appropriate mold for the title.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    FRAME WORK???? FRAME WORK????
    Dude not to derail the thread but are you serious????. YOU remove the greatest PLAYER ever in the history of basketball (some may argue) from a TEAM and replace him with PETE MYERS and you talk about the FRAMEWORK was in place??? this is comical at best.
    Phil was still there and all the players there understood the triangle. It's not as if it was a team of misfits so doh act stupid. Tell us about the mighty Pipen in Portland and Houston. Don't worry no one will laugh since we all know he was not up to the billing.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    in typical delusional KNICK fan fashion always remember shit the didn't happen. I will do nothing to sway you mind. fact of the matter is you don't become on of the 50 greatest players of all time by being soft.

now if you want to talk about the an entire career being soft ALLAN HOUSTON would be a more appropriate mold for the title.
    He didn't even deserve to be on that list head of 'Nique
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    Phil was still there and all the players there understood the triangle. It's not as if it was a team of misfits so doh act stupid. Tell us about the mighty Pipen in Portland and Houston. Don't worry no one will laugh since we all know he was not up to the billing.
    are you saying that Michael Jordan was not important, he was just another pawn in the offense and you could simply input anyone....

by the time Scottie made it to Port/Hous i am sure even you could admit that his skill set had set to diminish much like Patrick in Orlando, or Jordan in Washington come on dudes.

Credits
    He didn't even deserve to be on that list head of 'Nique

dude what are you talking about??? are you serious. OMG

Credits
    Yes Payton is... But Scottie, MJ, Rodman and Chris Paul are up there too... Olajuwan, Bill Russell and Mutombo as big men

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    Yes Payton is... But Scottie, MJ, Rodman and Chris Paul are up there too...
    lol@chris paul...you out your mind..Chris Paul is the anchor and qb of that defense? You crazy....quick hands don't make up for lack of effort, acting/flopping, and bad footwork from Paul...he's not the best defender at PG right now...so please let him off the top defender discussion.
    http://www.CaribKaraoke.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribKaraoke View Post
    lol@chris paul...you out your mind..Chris Paul is the anchor and qb of that defense?
    So DeAndre Jordan is then? lmao...

You crazy....quick hands don't make up for lack of effort, acting/flopping, and bad footwork from Paul...he's not the best defender at PG right now...so please let him off the top defender discussion.
    So who is then? Rose hasn't played in more than a year, Rondo is out, and Conley is iffy...

Credits

So who is then? Rose hasn't played in more than a year, Rondo is out, and Conley is iffy...
    go read the title of the read and come back with a more appropriate response. How the hell you can put CHRIS PAUL in this discussion is beyond me...

Credits

You're obviously a Bulls worshipper that obviously fell off the bandwagon after the 97-98 season and only concerned about the end results of those years. You believe Pippen is THE most impactful defender you've ever seen, in an era of Olajuwon and Robinson carrying defences night in and out. Bwoy mi cah help yuh there,lol.

Other than the brief hiatus of MJ, Pippen never even remotely approached either of those guys as a defensive force. And he was still inferior within that span as well to either.

If you care to rewatch the games from the '92 playoffs XMan intimidated, bullied and outplayed Pippen over the course of that series h2h.

By Sam Smith, Tribune Pro Basketball Writer | October 30, 1994

Call it the X-files. It certainly has been a mystery. Xavier McDaniel helps the New York Knicks to the brink of one of the greatest upsets in NBA playoff history by outplaying Scottie Pippen and getting the Knicks to a seventh game against the Bulls' best team, the 1991-92 group, which won 67 games
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

Credits
    are you saying that Michael Jordan was not important, he was just another pawn in the offense and you could simply input anyone....

by the time Scottie made it to Port/Hous i am sure even you could admit that his skill set had set to diminish much like Patrick in Orlando, or Jordan in Washington come on dudes.

He went to Houston at age 33!
    Blazers a year later.

If he was so great why at 33 he was ready to be put out to pasture? You talkin ah pack ah shit!
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Pippen did have a reputation of being soft.
    Great defender but didn't like being roughed up.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMonger View Post
    You're obviously a Bulls worshipper that obviously fell off the bandwagon after the 97-98 season and only concerned about the end results of those years. You believe Pippen is THE most impactful defender you've ever seen, in an era of Olajuwon and Robinson carrying defences night in and out. Bwoy mi cah help yuh there,lol.

Other than the brief hiatus of MJ, Pippen never even remotely approached either of those guys as a defensive force. And he was still inferior within that span as well to either.

If you care to rewatch the games from the '92 playoffs XMan intimidated, bullied and outplayed Pippen over the course of that series h2h.

By Sam Smith, Tribune Pro Basketball Writer | October 30, 1994

Call it the X-files. It certainly has been a mystery. Xavier McDaniel helps the New York Knicks to the brink of one of the greatest upsets in NBA playoff history by outplaying Scottie Pippen and getting the Knicks to a seventh game against the Bulls' best team, the 1991-92 group, which won 67 games
    go ahead and rest an mans entire career on one playoff series considering the large amount he played.

When your total argument about and mans entire career rest on series that only highlights the weakness in your argument. It would be like saying Patrick Ewing was an over hype, soft, blown up center cause he had nothing for Hakeem in their NBA playoff series....

PS: was the the highlight of X man's career...

Credits

No one in todays league should be mentioned as great defenders besides Kobe, Duncan, Tony Allen, Iguodala, and Garnett. Everyone else is a soft flopper.

Best PG Defender...fwiw, Avery Bradley.
    http://www.CaribKaraoke.com

Credits

He went to Houston at age 33!
    Blazers a year later.

If he was so great why at 33 he was ready to be put out to pasture? You talkin ah pack ah shit!

seriously dude stop clowning yourself. i guess everybody peaks at 33 right that the ripe age for sporting excellence right..... dude you can't be taking yourself serious.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast