Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is the best I've read on the BW subject!

Links30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy 2.0 View Post
    OK, there's been plenty write-ups on the plight of the single black woman. The problems she's having, the problems she's causing, the "crisis" that's going on. and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I am trying to stay away from posting or adding to the already long conversation about the "plight of the single black woman", however, a friend of mine pointed out this article and I just had to share it here, because I agree. It's getting sickening to the point that if Christ himself came down to tell me he has a solution for single black women he wouldn't like what I would tell him. LOL take a read and post your thoughts.
    What i got from this article is that she wants this topic to just fall off the map of the earth n no one should speak about it.I understand where she's coming from where she have made some valid points, but at the same time i didn't hear much mention of coming up with a solution. In some cases she even question the advice of those who are so call relationship experts n that too is understandable, but beyond anything else, its nothing more but rambling of words begging to put a stop to so much focus towards the black woman.

I think that is not going to happen anytime soon because many black men have been complaining about this very same thing when the focus is always on us and is still on us. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't feel so nice does it? Anyway she does sound that she's trying to sound controversial in order to sell her book and in all honesty, i think the average person who is genuinely fed up of what is going on can very much form the same kind of opinions and cons about this issue.

It ent nothing that i've heard before and is more than likely would not hear the last of so i'll save my $8.99 for something else like Lotto tickets instead of buying this book.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahpikne View Post
    Well those angry black women choose to get annoyed by Babylon and they media. They watch stupid shows like Housewives and Badgirls club then wonder why the stereotypes exist. When they the ones feeding into it SMH
    its more than that dude...u guys just don't get it huh?? U say that black women are this and that...i mean how do you think they became this way?? U guys judge so much on appearance and tell them with a look that their natural beauty isn't enough...then frown on them when they use enhancements...what is it that allyuh really want...ever take that into consideration?? U want a stress free life with a woman that will cook and clean and fuk u on demand and then when demands are made on u, u want to throw a tantrum and say, "i doh need this shit" Well u know what, they don't need ur asses like allyuh need a woman, they want u! ...not U persay, black men that talk all that shit..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    yea personally.. i could care less if the woman next to me have a man or will become the Cat lady on her block..
    thats a nice outlook on life......be proud girl!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    its more than that dude...u guys just don't get it huh?? U say that black women are this and that...i mean how do you think they became this way?? U guys judge so much on appearance and tell them with a look that their natural beauty isn't enough...then frown on them when they use enhancements...what is it that allyuh really want...ever take that into consideration?? U want a stress free life with a woman that will cook and clean and fuk u on demand and then when demands are made on u, u want to throw a tantrum and say, "i doh need this shit" Well u know what, they don't need ur asses like allyuh need a woman, they want u! ...not U persay, black men that talk all that shit..
    That's why I keep my prerequisites simple then we negotiate on everything else

Credits
    That's why I keep my prerequisites simple then we negotiate on everything else
    Yes, but too many black men don't...u know, they make black women feel like they think they all this and that, but its because they get put down so much...this guy in our circle,, he loves to snatch me by my hair and yell, "real hair!!" At parties, in the club,,,that shit makes me so mad, i can't imagine how the black girls feel, and automatically, now i get the looks like, "Hmpf, she think she all that"...but its not me making them feel that way, its the men, like somehow im better than them cause i have long hair?? Gimme a break

Links30
    Yes, but too many black men don't...u know, they make black women feel like they think they all this and that, but its because they get put down so much...this guy in our circle,, he loves to snatch me by my hair and yell, "real hair!!" At parties, in the club,,,that shit makes me so mad, i can't imagine how the black girls feel, and automatically, now i get the looks like, "Hmpf, she think she all that"...but its not me making them feel that way, its the men, like somehow im better than them cause i have long hair?? Gimme a break
    lol surprise him ent knock u out wid a big club n then drag u to his cave.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bago20 View Post
    lol surprise him ent knock u out wid a big club n then drag u to his cave.
    lol...he wuld love to

Credits
    I think its more you sexy legs they hating on

You should check him because everyone knows guys arent suppose to grab a woman's hair unless its in the bedroom

Us Jamaicans behave accordingly we accept all kinds of women

Credits
    I think its more you sexy legs they hating on

You should check him because everyone knows guys arent suppose to grab a woman's hair unless its in the bedroom

Us Jamaicans behave accordingly we accept all kinds of women
    oh i checked him at the last party cause um, he was loud as hell and there were tons of people... He's always askin me if he can play in it, so i guess he thought he had it like that lol...but what cyan i say, i give off that "snatch me up" vibe, so i can't get mad at him

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle View Post
    She is "trying" to say "leave us de fack alone". "Let me do me".

In other words, there's no right or wrong way for people to be/live so long as others not getting hurt.
    Pretty much.

Thanks for the opinions folks. I would reply to everyone but I'm too tired to go through them all. But the quote above sums up how I feel about it.

As for those talking about she writing the article to sell her book. Can you really hate the hustle? REALLY?
    Last edited by Shandy 2.0; 03-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Taj
    Credits
    Thanks Shandy. I felt like this a while back I think I vented on your wall once.
    Good find.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Good post Shandy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12