Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best dj cd players for soca jugglin'?

Credits

best dj cd players for soca jugglin'?

some soca djs out there?
    which is the best dj cd player?

the "american dj pro scratch 1/2" has many interesting features
    who made some practical experience with this cd player?
    does the "scratching function" really work?

ok - of course the best of all will be the new pionear dmp-555 - but with over 1000$ too expensive...

Credits

RE: best dj cd players for soca jugglin'?

I personally been using the Numark CDN 88, and sometimes the Denon 2600, but I think the new Denon 9000 going to take the cake!

Credits

I use the 9000 and I think that it has a lot but not for my functions. I want to get to learn it more because there are a lot of things on it but I just don't have the time. But I like the denon's I don't like the Numark and Americans where you have to go forward then rewind to catch the space you want but that's just me.

Credits

Executive,

How is the 9000, I never get the chance to try it yet? You think it's worth the investment or 2600 is still the better deal for now?

Credits

Real people complaining so stick with the 2600 but if you have the time read up on it then invest.

Credits

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look into it a little more for real cause that's a little too much money to take a chance with!

Credits

Plus I think there is a new American DJ which is also a favorite amongst DJ's. I know Chow and Stylz use it but I don't know what it is called but it seems to be good. Just give me a stop play loop and a mic and I cool.

Credits

I hear yuh, I feel the same way, but still prefer quality. All the brands have models out that can scratch, loop, etc... nowadays yuh know so it comes down to what yuh want to spend really, and what level of quality yuh want.

Credits

here is my quick two cents...

It really depends on the type of DJ you are. If you were a vinyl man that was previously a DMC or whatever it's called champ...in other words you're the type to scratch up a storm go back and forth double up etc...or in other words you are a starting from scratch or funk master flex type DJ then the pioneer 1000 is for you.

If you are a mega mix on the fly type DJ, where you would would be able to handle 4 CD mixing, and yuh like new t'ing......then the Denon 9000 is definitely for you.

Now if you don't have that much money and want to just have something for your own personal use but still want to be able to do plenty trix and t'ing and want something that has good sounding mixers that go with it...the Numark is for you...THE 88 ONLY!!!! The pick up on the rest is garbage.

Now if your DJ that wants to spend average money and you read the manuel from end to end the Denon 2600 is perhaps the Brand name of CD mixers right now. I personally love it...but then again I'm a nerd (cause I read the manuel) and know it pretty good. The trix you could do on it is amazing...BUT YOU MUST KNOW IT INSIDE OUT!!! The other reason why this is also good is because the 9000 just came out the 2600 should go down as well...

Those are the main ones...coolio...I wish yuh luck!!!

Bandit

Credits

Well i'm sold on the Numark CDN-88 because of the ease of use. In fact the only other cd player that has caugth my eye is the Pioneer CDJ 1000, but the price per deck needs to go down plus I need to investigate to see what types of problems people are having with them (they look very sensitive). I never liked the Denons although the 9000 looks interesting enough to go down to Sam Ash to take a test run.
    My first CD mixer was a Numard CDN-34, I now use a CDN-88 and if Numark don't replace that one soon (like in two months) my next one will be a CDN-88 (Black).....

Kojac
    [link:double-platinum.com|Double Platinum Soundz]

DP Baby!!!
    "Bringing People Together Through Music"

"When I Die, If Heaven Don't Want Me, Send Me To St. Lucia"

Credits

Most Clubs in Toronto Favour the Denons 2600

Neumarks aitn saying nothing!!! The Denons have it locked.

The 9000 scratching feature is a WICKED Pisce of equiptment however only a few, I say a few have it and most use and hav ethe 2600 cause the price of one cd unit of the 9000 is $1,800 multiply that by two plus taxes, you lookign at $4,500. No joke. I only know of 3 sounds that have the set in Toronto. Most stick with the Denon 2600.

The Untouchable One
    The Lone Ranger

Credits

Well the CDN-88 (numark), is very good, easy to use, has all the features the 2600 (Denon) has, but it's about $200 less! I've only heard good things about both of them, but Denon has the edge because of its name and is a known quality product whereas this is Numarks first quality CD player, so it's a toss up if you ask me. I'm considering buying the 9000, but still skeptical, may just stick with the 2600 for now.

Credits

WELL MEH BOY KOJAC. I FEEL WE CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH. I TOO AM NOT A FAN OF THE DENONS. I PREFER THE NUMARKS OR THE AMERICAN DJ'S FOR THEIR EASE OF USE AND DISPLAY SCREENS.

BUT MOST OF THE FEATURES THAT ARE OFFERED BY THESE MACHINES ARE NOT EVEN USED BY MOST DJ'S.

AND KOJAC...LINK ME UP
    DADDYMAGYVER @ AOL.COM

DADDY MAGYVER OUT
    SOMEBODY SAY YEAH YEAH!
    BLESSINGZ AND GUIDANCE 2 ALL
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

engineroom

I have a 2600 and love it (although despite being brand new it has already been to the factory for repair once and is going back again).

I think i use about 75% of the features regularly, hot starts, loops, memo, fx, brake, etc.

you have to dig a little deeper to get inside the brains of the 2600 but once you do you wonder how you could use anything else.

i might get just one Pio 1000 to have a scratching deck on the side.

I would really like to hear some specific thoughts that you have on the 9000 though, I have heard a number of negative things about it already - for example, how easy is the transition from a 2600 to the 9000? does the cue work the same way?

thanx

Credits

RE: FIFA WORLD CUP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast