Thread: The Best Cookbook in the World

Credits

Thumbs up The Best Cookbook in the World

Is Naparima Girls HS Cookbook. Everybody still singing my praises from Christmas dinner. I even make mih very first sweetbread thinking it would be like a brick but it came out perfect

I am boss!
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva
    Is Naparima Girls HS Cookbook. Everybody still singing my praises from Christmas dinner. I even make mih very first sweetbread thinking it would be like a brick but it came out perfect

I am boss!

I bought one this year when I went to Trinidad and I have yet to scratch the surface as to all the different recipes in that book!!!

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    My mom is heading to Tobago again soooo I'm excited that I can get the book this time!! lol
    Talking about meals, GIRRRRL,tell me why yuh sistafriend ovah here "ME" also cooked the Christmas dinner (ALL OF IT) and I must say there's hope for my future family, lol... Instead of the sweet bread mi made an Apple crumble... So please save some sweet bread for when yuh coming into Brooklyn, thank you!BUt Congrats Cheffette Bachannal D!

Credits
    I have heard so much about this cookbook. I must pick up one. But I love my Caribbean Cookbook by Rita G. Springer. She is one of the best cooks around! This was my first cookbook ever and I will never toss it.

I fell asleep while baking my sweetbread so let's just say the top was a little tanned.

Credits
    Empress, I have two more sweetbread in the oven this second so we goh put your name on one.

My fruits soaking for blackcake, putting it in this evening, I just finished making another batch of punch de creme and I'm making paime later today. I can't stop, everybody laughing at me. I'm sure this will wear off soon but I'm enjoying for the moment.

Yuh know what it is, the book make the recipies so easy and it have such a perfect variety of recipies. Yuh look in it for one thing and end up saying , oooh, I want some ___ and some ___ lol.

Reds, lemme find out yuh sweetbread could lick a man dung
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Empress, I have two more sweetbread in the oven this second so we goh put your name on one.

My fruits soaking for blackcake, putting it in this evening, I just finished making another batch of punch de creme and I'm making paime later today. I can't stop, everybody laughing at me. I'm sure this will wear off soon but I'm enjoying for the moment.

Yuh know what it is, the book make the recipies so easy and it have such a perfect variety of recipies. Yuh look in it for one thing and end up saying , oooh, I want some ___ and some ___ lol.

Reds, lemme find out yuh sweetbread could lick a man dung

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! lol

And I have to say, when yuh cook a full meal, you real' liking yuhself...especially when the family chowin' down! I still feeling that vibes of mi food, lol...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress
    YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! lol

And I have to say, when yuh cook a full meal, you real' liking yuhself...especially when the family chowin' down! I still feeling that vibes of mi food, lol...
    I felt good that my mum, dad, and aunt were all requesting leftovers and saying how good my food was. They eat from me all the time but they said this year it felt like I put something extra in it.

BD: Man, that sweetbread coulda put man in coma.

My dad still ate it though.

Credits
    Another great cookbook is "The Real Taste of Jamaica" by Enid Donaldson. On a scale of 1-10 it's a 100! Best Jamaican cookbook around.

if yuh want 2 lock meh up ill be by de kiss cake truck!
    Credits
    Yea That book real nice most are the recipes are on point..some need a lil tweeking(Hops need more shortening) but other than that its a great book. The drinks section is on point.

Credits

I am boss!
    Where can I get this book from? I collect cookbooks, particularly good ones for Carib/Latin cooking. Please send me the info and give me a brief review of the book.

~Q~
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribsun
    Where can I get this book from? I collect cookbooks, particularly good ones for Carib/Latin cooking. Please send me the info and give me a brief review of the book.
    I use the Naparima Girls HS Cookbook all the time and it is fabulous!

It can be purchased online from caribuy.

Credits
    Thanks ladies! I just ordered my copy of the cookbook online through Amazon.com. I've been looking for a trini cookbook for a while and even printed some recipes online. This is going to be a great addition to my collection.

Credits
    iz a great book! everyone should get one