Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Being honest OR being rude/arrogant??

The JaM

Being honest OR being rude/arrogant??

So a while back my friend was sorta checking this dude and they fell out briefly. During that 'fall-out' period he came asking me why she stopped talking to him and if I thought he still had a chance...(bear in mind I was the one who introduced them and he wasn't really a friend of mine...just a random negro I used to say hi and bye to)
    He asked me to be honest.... so I did that. I told him honestly speaking I didn't think he was good enough for my friend because he has nothing to offer her (he has no job, still lives at home, he kinda slow, not cute at all and girls don't exactly flock him). He said ok... and that was the end of that (or so I thought).

Last week I find out the guy has been bad-talking me to a mutual friend... saying how I'm such a biatch and too full of myself. So I confronted him and asked him what's his beef with me... after much beating round the bush he tells me that what I said to him bout not being good enough bothered him. We had an exchange of words...not really heated words...and then left it at that.

Upon reflection I'm wondering if what I said was rude or was it just him not appreciating my honesty? IMO, I was just being honest... What do you think?

Credits
    Some people, let me rephrase, most people need things sugar coated for them

vincy_socababy
    if he didn't want the truth he shouldn't asked fuh it

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    I'm all for telling people like how it is...if they are your friend...then they'll understand where you coming from...if they not your friend...it shouldn't even matter then...if they want to get upset that's them...don't ask me to be honest then get vex when i am...

NJ
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VincyJam82
    So a while back my friend was sorta checking this dude and they fell out briefly. During that 'fall-out' period he came asking me why she stopped talking to him and if I thought he still had a chance...(bear in mind I was the one who introduced them and he wasn't really a friend of mine...just a random negro I used to say hi and bye to)
    He asked me to be honest.... so I did that. I told him honestly speaking I didn't think he was good enough for my friend because he has nothing to offer her (he has no job, still lives at home, he kinda slow, not cute at all and girls don't exactly flock him). He said ok... and that was the end of that (or so I thought).

Last week I find out the guy has been bad-talking me to a mutual friend... saying how I'm such a biatch and too full of myself. So I confronted him and asked him what's his beef with me... after much beating round the bush he tells me that what I said to him bout not being good enough bothered him. We had an exchange of words...not really heated words...and then left it at that.

Upon reflection I'm wondering if what I said was rude or was it just him not appreciating my honesty? IMO, I was just being honest... What do you think?
    Even though you were telling the truth, he was probably not ready to hear that he was not good enough for your friend. LOL.

But,maybe he can take what you said into consideration and get a job, leave home and speed it up.

The JaM
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ
    Even though you were telling the truth, he was probably not ready to hear that he was not good enough for your friend. LOL.

But,maybe he can take what you said into consideration and get a job, leave home and speed it up.
    And catch a face and personality transplant too...lol

NJ
    Credits
    And catch a face and personality transplant too...lol
    ohgosh girl i didn't want to go there

vincy_socababy
    ohgosh girl i didn't want to go there
    i know how he look he need more than that

NJ
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vincy_socababy
    i know how he look he need more than that
    so, did the girl actually like this guy?

The JaM
    so, did the girl actually like this guy?
    For a minute yeh... she was blinded by his lite skindedness... but praise be to Jesus the shackles fell from her eyes and she ran for cover before he could vaccuum her up wid his rather large nose holes...

NJ
    Credits
    For a minute yeh... she was blinded by his lite skindedness... but praise be to Jesus the shackles fell from her eyes and she ran for cover before he could vaccuum her up wid his rather large nose holes...
    oh shyt allyuh real harsh.

vincy_socababy

damn wankster at that

The JaM
    oh shyt allyuh real harsh.
    Well ah wouldn't have tuh be so harsh if he did come like a big man and tell me what the beef was instead ah chatting me name behind me back... woulda had likkle bit of respect fuh him.

I fed up tell these IN's (ignant niggras) I does not need dere forward!

m
    Credits
    As truthful/honest as you may have been, it probably didn't make him feel too good.

It's not too different from a female asking her man "Honey, does this make me look fat?"

Anyhow the answer come back "Yes" it's a SERIOUS problem, no matter how much love is in the relationship nor how true it is.

Fact of the matter is, as a poster insinuated, some truth is simply hard to digest.

His reaction was rather human in my opinion, albeit a bit.ch.ish one, it's a natural response to your "diss."

Even as, truthful and perhaps even unintentional as it was.

Credits
    You know you are wrong and truly out of place for you in light of thefact that you take it upon yourself to assess someone worth .....I'll tell you something today YOU have a job TODAY you APPEAR to be better off ........who are you to place judgement on how good he is for your freind ..................A simple truth is that your friend may find a man who is fitting and in your eyes " the perfect man " And he will make her see the bread the devil knead.............What facts do you have to validate your statement ......Maybe it is not that time in his life where he has not asserted himself yet ....Sweety take my stupid advice and swallow those words ....................................

I can testify many a years ago my aunt went on an interview by a fellow west indian woman who shamed her and said she have no ambition not good enough to work in that particular office ......Ten years after my Aunt is a lawyer and when she walks into that same office that same woman has to show her utmost respect .....

You are fass and out of your place ......You should meet the guy and apologize ...you are nobody to say something like that .........tomorrow is not yours ....judge not

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast