Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: being full of yourself

Credits

being full of yourself

where can we draw the line? when is a woman/man proud of him/herself and when are they just full of it? how can one tell what's arrogance and what's just plain old pride?

i'm having this issues because i've noticed some ppl like this....and i swear it annoys the hell out of me.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taina
    where can we draw the line? when is a woman/man proud of him/herself and when are they just full of it? how can one tell what's arrogance and what's just plain old pride?

i'm having this issues because i've noticed some ppl like this....and i swear it annoys the hell out of me.

MarcNYC
    I'm here trying my BEST to think of people I know like dis.

Actually, I can think of one or two, however, dey don't bother me, cause det juss doing dem, I doing me.

Women who come off as full of deyself is a turn off dough...gimme a nice regular cute girl wid a big boomsie ANY day.

I don't need nor want no hype up gyul full of sheself.

vincy_socababy
    i know, it's all good to be your own number 1 fan but i think arrogance is thinking/ believing that you are better than other people.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by spicydimples
    I think pride is others praising you, and arrogance is you praising yourself. hhhmmmm or something like that. Yes? No?
    Live ah Little...

elq
    Credits
    I've always learnt that there are times to be humble and times to be arrogant. Once you
    can understand and utilize those definitions,
    you're good to go!

Credits
    I think pride is being confident and carrying urself with a level of dignity etc...Arrogance on the other hand is exaggrating that confidence...that can sometimes be going overboard and thinkin you're better than u really are.
    *Insert cool saying here*

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcNYC
    I'm here trying my BEST to think of people I know like dis.

Actually, I can think of one or two, however, dey don't bother me, cause det juss doing dem, I doing me.

Women who come off as full of deyself is a turn off dough...gimme a nice regular cute girl wid a big boomsie ANY day.

I don't need nor want no hype up gyul full of sheself.

hhhmmmmm interesting.

vincy_socababy...i think u might be right.

Soleil....that's an interesting way of looking at it.

Indianute

i am arrogant. i am tired of being sh!tted on because i am nice. As of 3 years ago i have become an arrogant S.O.B. it feels good. no one takes advantage of my kindness anymore. Nowadays, i dont want to hear sh!t unless you giving me money!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soleil
    I think pride is others praising you, and arrogance is you praising yourself. hhhmmmm or something like that. Yes? No?

pride
    : the quality or state of being proud: as a : inordinate self-esteem : CONCEIT b : a reasonable or justifiable self-respect c : delight or elation arising from some act, possession, or relationship

arrogance:a feeling or an impression of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or presumptuous claims

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    I've always learnt that there are times to be humble and times to be arrogant. Once you
    can understand and utilize those definitions,
    you're good to go!

true true

Alabamatrini........hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soleil
    agreed.. there is nothin wrong with one having pride in oneself.. but when it gets to the point of putting others down in the process that is when it turns into arrogance..

Credits

Hey babes

There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance. To be confident in who you are and what you're about is a wonderful thing. It's when people can vibe off of your positive self and improve themselves with you being the example.

However confidence turns to arrogance when a person is not held accountable for there actions. If you don't pull someone up who is confident (keeping in mind that they are human and that they too can make mistakes) when they are wrong, the confident person who gets away with the negative will soon turn into an arrogant person because they're not put in check.

my 2 pennies

Credits

OK, I think I got it.................

I think that pride can't exist where there is humility. I'm not talking about being proud of your accomplishments, I'm talking about the pride that is haughty and/or high-minded. A humble person doesn't vaunt him/herself. A bragging person like that is the wrong kind of proud. I guess I think that humility is the line to be drawn.

Live ah Little...

Indianute
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama_trini
    I think pride is being confident and carrying urself with a level of dignity etc...Arrogance on the other hand is exaggrating that confidence...that can sometimes be going overboard and thinkin you're better than u really are.
    it is important to think that you are better than you really are. fack everybody else....you have to belief that you are better than everyone else to be succesful.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast