Thread: Beetham Residents Making DVD to Show Obama and other Heads of State

Credits

Cool Beetham Residents Making DVD to Show Obama and other Heads of State

Beetham residents working on DVD to expose neglect | The Trinidad Guardian

Outraged residents of Beetham Gardens are producing a Digital Video Disc (DVD) for the Fifth Summit of the Americas, to expose the wanton neglect of their community by the People’s National Movement administration. On Thursday, a videographer began documenting footage of the depressed, filthy and deplorable conditions in which the residents are forced daily to live.
    When completed, the DVD will be distributed to the 34 Heads of Government in the Western Hemisphere expected to converge in Port-of-Spain from April 17 to 19 to exchange ideas and opinions on political, economic, social and security challenges. “We will find a way to get the DVDs to them, so they could see the community’s years of neglect at the hands of the PNM Government,” said resident Ricky Rudder. If this plan fails, Rudder said they would line the borders of their homes with placards to expose the uncaring treatment meted out to them.
    “The world needs to see what is going on in Beetham Gardens. We often hear that Trinidad and Tobago is moving towards developed country status, but this is the furthest from the truth. “Daily, people are suffering for basic necessities, such as water, paved roads, proper healthcare, transportation and food, while the Government is on a spending spree with taxpayers’ money,” Rudder complained. “Beetham is unliveable. You think Manning would come here to live? No!,” Rudder said, giving vent to his feelings. The first eyesore that was captured on film was the murky drain that runs parallel to the Priority Bus Route from Phases One to Five.
    Filled with garbage, dead animals and green stagnant water, the drain gives off an offensive odour, and has not been cleaned in months. Attorney Annabelle Davis, who accompanied the videographer, slammed the Government for erecting a berm and wall at the 11th hour of the Summit, costing over $5 million, “when this six-foot drain is visibly offensive” and people are struggling to eke out a living in the impoverished community. “There are more pressing issues the Government should deal with. The residents deserve holistic development. They have absolutely no respect and regard for the people who live here,” she said. Davis said construction of the berm and wall showed that plasters were being put over sores, instead of dealing with burning issues.
    Rudder said the drain was a breeding ground for mosquitoes, unsafe for children, gave off an unbearable stench, and posed a health hazard. “With the slightest drizzle, the entire place floods, because the water has no where to run off. Is years we facing this. The Government don’t care about us. They doing what they want to poor people.” In the coming days, Davis said footage of other issues would be filmed, such as unemployment, the squalor in which the residents live, and how single parents are unable to cope with rising inflation. “Many of them are unable to feed and send their children to school. These things must be brought to the fore.”
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    As I said before the whole of the beetham, laventille/POS is in dying need of a face lift, don't put up a curtain to block a dirty house, clean and revitalize the place. making a DVD will do nothing so the beetham people just wasting their time, this stuff been going on for years! ever since I been a youth the beetham been in the same state of depression, but most countries you go the city is always the filthiest ah dunno why, the blasted la basse need to be moved to some place else also.

To most people the beetham is a lost cause and maybe the government have the same feelings, it's a shame when you pass that place to enter the city, I went to school on the beetham and there is alot of good people still living there it's just a handful of people that spoil the basket. hopefully they can get someone to listen to them.

I'm surprise no one eh come in here saying is them that voted PNM in and now they crying LOL, maybe ppl still sleeping and eh wake up yet.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Spranga
    as if these people will care... they have slums in their own countries to NOT deal with.

Credits
    Word is dat it is a double DVD.......2nd part will br Dutty Fridays Passa Passa @ d Beetham
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Don't really care fuh the Beetham squatters...i ain't tell them squat in a dump...wat thery expect...steupsss, but I'm mighty glad they wanna embarrass that a$$hole Manning

Credits
    If they stop throwing dead animals garbage in de drain den de drain wouldn't have dead animals and garbage.

TC
    Credits
    Ah know de Annabelle, she and some of those residents just lookin fuh friggin fame, steups! DVD to show who???? Pluhleeeeeeeeze! steups!

If you don't like how yuh livin in Beetham, change they way you live in Beetham, or pack up and move out.

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
    as if these people will care... they have slums in their own countries to NOT deal with.
    yep
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Obama aint did Sh8t for Black People in America........

.......and he sure as hell aint doin nutten for Beetham Residents

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    Word is dat it is a double DVD.......2nd part will br Dutty Fridays Passa Passa @ d Beetham
    You funny yes. I bet that would raise the sales. But the chupidness these are the same people who keep voting for the PNM and get nothing.
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Credits
    I hope they have footage of the time some years ago when some NGO group clean up the drains and then in two-twos the drains fill up with garbage and dead animals again. Include that.
    And include footage of all the young men liming whole day outside and complaining about how nobody eh doin nothing for them and it have ah set of "job wanted" signs all over POS.
    And also ... before they finish, show video of all the government programs where they being paid to learn a trade and help theyselves and most of them either eh going at all or only going for ten minutes to make sure they collect the money but still eh learn nothin.

Credits
    They should shut up and join CEPEP.
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachipe View Post
    I hope they have footage of the time some years ago when some NGO group clean up the drains and then in two-twos the drains fill up with garbage and dead animals again. Include that.
    And include footage of all the young men liming whole day outside and complaining about how nobody eh doin nothing for them and it have ah set of "job wanted" signs all over POS.
    And also ... before they finish, show video of all the government programs where they being paid to learn a trade and help theyselves and most of them either eh going at all or only going for ten minutes to make sure they collect the money but still eh learn nothin.