Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beenie Man Vows to help Wyclef Jean and people of Haiti

Credits

Thumbs up Beenie Man Vows to help Wyclef Jean and people of Haiti

International Grammy-winning reggae superstar Beenie Man has responded to the plea of multi-platinum, Grammy-winning musician, and humanitarian Wyclef Jean whose native country experienced its worst national disaster for over 200 years on Tuesday of this week. Beenie Man has pledged to lend his artistic skills to help raise funds directed towards any humanitarian and fund-raising efforts to help the people of Haiti.

"My heart goes out to Wyclef and to the people of Haiti. I saw the devastation of the island on the news and I was moved, the hundreds of dead bodies piling up on the streets, the buildings destroyed by the earthquake, people working to rescue friends and family trapped in the rubble...and I want to make myself available to help in any way I can," Beenie Man said in a release.

"I hope that the Caribbean community will also organise quickly and help our brothers and sisters in every way possible, or else we will have an even bigger disaster on our hands. The schools are packed with dead people, the hospitals full of sick and dying, all communications cut off...it's a catastrophe."

Beenie Man and Wyclef Jean collaborated on the radio hit, Love Me Now and another song called Lie Detector several years ago.

"Wyclef Jean and I share a passion for improving communities throughout the world and he has always been very hands-on when it comes to looking after his home nation so I can't imagine what he is going through at this very difficult time," Beenie Man, who has also spearheaded social and environmental programmes in tough inner city areas such as Craig Town, Arnett Gardens and Waterhouse in his native Jamaica, said. Beenie Man has already contributed money to the Yele charity to aid humanitarian efforts.

Haiti is regarded as the most impoverished nation in the Western hemisphere and is home to 9 million people, four million of whom live in the capital city, Port-au-Prince and its environs.
    The quake's epicenter was only 10 miles from Port-au-Prince. In 2008, Haiti was hit by four hurricanes. Wyclef, a Goodwill Ambassador to Haiti, started the Yele Haiti Foundation to raise relief funds for the area following Hurricane Gustav in 2008.

To help Haiti Earthquake Relief, donate $5 by texting YELE to 501501...charity is Wyclef's Yele.org

We all need to help too becaues wyclef all ways been a big supporter of our music.

big up fisheenie, big up jamaica

Credits
    So word around is that Wyclef is taking and vantage of this to promote himself and his business (yes Yele is a business), since all his family ibeen already safe living in the US, and mentioning some of his upcoming artist on CNN last night

Talk nah
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by olokun View Post
    so word around is that wyclef is taking and vantage of this to promote himself and his business (yes yele is a business), since all his family ibeen already safe living in the us, and mentioning some of his upcoming artist on cnn last night

talk nah
    bs

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Olokun View Post
    So word around is that Wyclef is taking and vantage of this to promote himself and his business (yes Yele is a business), since all his family ibeen already safe living in the US, and mentioning some of his upcoming artist on CNN last night

Talk nah
    He Did?

Credits
    thats what i just heard. i waiting for dem to give me the youtube clip to see myself. some upcoming haitian rapper

Gladiator
    ..I hope Wyclef is a man of integrity and will not use this tragedy for his own benefit

Credits

Talk nah
    I heard him mention the artist to Anderson Cooper (CNN) last night. He said word is the young man might be dead, but wanted confirmation. In a time like this; self promotion don't worry me. Once ppl who making donations hearts are in the right place and the funds get to the needy..then that's all that should matter.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    thats what i just heard. i waiting for dem to give me the youtube clip to see myself. some upcoming haitian rapper
    He was speaking about someone who might be dead..he wasn't trying to promote...

Credits
    ohhhhh, mention someone that might be dead aint promotion...
    I know Wyclef aint gonna do some coon shit like that

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I heard him mention the artist to Anderson Cooper (CNN) last night. He said word is the young man might be dead, but wanted confirmation. In a time like this; self promotion don't worry me. Once ppl who making donations hearts are in the right place and the funds get to the needy..then that's all that should matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    He was speaking about someone who might be dead..he wasn't trying to promote...
    good , he would lose plenty cool points with that one

Credits
    Wyclef has always repped haiti strong and proud. I doubt he will take advantage of this situation.

Credits
    no wrong information.. the haitian raapper was killed in the quake
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

Talk nah
    advantage hun, the word is ADvantage.

Anyway he was talking about the organization, what Haiti needs and he mentioned an artist whom is feared dead. The info is out there don't listen to hearsay.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    he was schedule to perform in st.kitts on saturday....... but donations already start pouring out here on the island..... an account already set up
    St.Kitts Jam Crew Productions

like the fan page search for St.kitts Jam Crew Productions

or hit up on twitter @JAM_CREW

or email : st.kittsjamcrew@gmail.com

or soundcloud search for Jam Crew

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    no wrong information.. the haitian raapper was killed in the quake
    oh no...

to clarify rumors:

Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast