Thread: Beef Fries at McDonalds (I am very upset)

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

Angry Beef Fries at McDonalds (I am very upset)

Okay well let me make a long story short. I was in Hosp. Mgmt class today and we were discussing fast food chains i.e. McDonalds. My professor (who is from India) says that she does not eat from McDonalds. So a student asked if she doesn't even eat the french fries (cuz they are so good), she (the prof.) said no cuz (she knows that we don't know this) but McDonald's fries their french fries in Beef fat (for flavor). She said that it was discovered in India becuase Indians do not eat beef. She said that they (in india) sued McDonalds and the case was kept hush hush.

Well I was totally disgusted becuase i don't eat meat. I think that, if what she is saying is true, McDonalds is playing with fire. They are being very decitful. Fries would be considered to be safe for vegetarians to eat becuase it is a vegetable (fried potatoes) BUT if these fries are being cooked in beef fat (for flavor) then vegetarian people should not be eating their fries and they should have been told of this fact.

I felt totally betrayed. I believe my prof. because she has been in the field of Hospitalty for over 30 years and she is from India (so i am sure they story regarding the case in India is true). I really think i am going to investigate this. If it is true i really think that McDonald is looking for a serious lawsuit.

elq
    Credits
    guess you don't wanna eat my fries either?

Credits
    The lawsuit was a few years ago.
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq

amprincess
    Quote Originally Posted by elq

Credits
    i heard about dat a while back. dat is why i do not eat at dem fast food places atall. McDonald's is not de only one. Wendy's, Burger King, Checker's and etc..does do de same ting. But not only with fries, but with other foods as well.

Credits

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniStarr
    i heard about dat a while back. dat is why i do not eat at dem fast food places atall. McDonald's is not de only one. Wendy's, Burger King, Checker's and etc..does do de same ting. But not only with fries, but with other foods as well.

Trizzzue...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty
    Okay well let me make a long story short. I was in Hosp. Mgmt class today and we were discussing fast food chains i.e. McDonalds. My professor (who is from India) says that she does not eat from McDonalds. So a student asked if she doesn't even eat the french fries (cuz they are so good), she (the prof.) said no cuz (she knows that we don't know this) but McDonald's fries their french fries in Beef fat (for flavor). She said that it was discovered in India becuase Indians do not eat beef. She said that they (in india) sued McDonalds and the case was kept hush hush.

Well I was totally disgusted becuase i don't eat meat. I think that, if what she is saying is true, McDonalds is playing with fire. They are being very decitful. Fries would be considered to be safe for vegetarians to eat becuase it is a vegetable (fried potatoes) BUT if these fries are being cooked in beef fat (for flavor) then vegetarian people should not be eating their fries and they should have been told of this fact.

I felt totally betrayed. I believe my prof. because she has been in the field of Hospitalty for over 30 years and she is from India (so i am sure they story regarding the case in India is true). I really think i am going to investigate this. If it is true i really think that McDonald is looking for a serious lawsuit.
    BUH wait how yu tink de does taste so goooood. Is only meat one can mek ting so sweeeeeeeet

Credits
    I learned once at one of my first jobs..

that alot of Indian's who are vegetarians...won't even eat Potatoes..because they are a parasite...

Food for thought...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Fyah
    I learned once at one of my first jobs..

that alot of Indian's who are vegetarians...won't even eat Potatoes..because they are a parasite...

Food for thought...
    Hmmmm
    well as we say home, when yu dead you must rotten
    and what nuh fatten will rotten
    GIMMME ALLLLLLL

Credits
    @ meats