Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 94

Thread: Becoming a house wife and staying home with kids

  1. #31
    who Jah bless no man cus JAHTEE's Avatar JAHTEE is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    4,252
    Credits
    1,508,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark & Lovely View Post
    We where having a big debate in my office about stay home wives and independece. I personally could not do it. Give up my career and stay home mind house and kids and have to depend on the man for things......Thats a no - no for me. I am 22222222222222222 independent for that...

    whats ur take????????????
    I would do it in a hot minute, I mean I am a very independent person and I dont want to fell like I am begging my husband fa money or anything like that,but there is so much that you miss when ya kids are growing up and your are at work.

    I want to be field trip going...volunteer at school...soccer mom driving....cookie baking type of mom and in this day and age when you have a career you just cant do it you find ya self juggling to much and really overextending yaself ,I mean I tried and I didnt it with much struggle .but if I could do it all over I would stay home.
    *I have been Born Again*

  2. #32
    Fyah Statah zouk's Avatar zouk is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Da City dat never zzzzzzzzz
    Posts
    4,712
    Credits
    1,006,687
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Again, why should you be treated like a child and have to ask for everything you need/want? If he doesn't trust your money management skills then he shouldn't be w/ you in the 1st place.
    like u said, if dats the situation, den someting is wrong dere.

    in my case, i'm saying dat i'm used to making my own so it would be hard to give dat up and put it in someone else's hands. especially if i can work.

  3. #33
    Registered User YardiePrincess's Avatar YardiePrincess is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ..
    Posts
    6,271
    Credits
    1,523,305
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    If you have to discuss every purchase something not right in the relationship anyway. What if you were to lose your job and it took a lil minute to find a suitable new one. Should that mean because you're not bringing in anything now you have to justify everything that you been doing all along?
    As Taj said it depends on how much money you have as a couple...I don't mean every purchase...I mean buying things that are things you would buy with extra money...Buying things for the home and children is one thing.. but what about a tummy tuck and a boob job....How many kids we goh have again?....Lol.....

  4. #34
    another day... Ms. Hershey's Avatar Ms. Hershey is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Why, you comin' tuh visit?
    Posts
    16,495
    Credits
    1,529,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark & Lovely View Post
    We where having a big debate in my office about stay home wives and independece. I personally could not do it. Give up my career and stay home mind house and kids and have to depend on the man for things......Thats a no - no for me. I am 22222222222222222 independent for that...

    whats ur take????????????
    if i could work from home and take care of my kids... i'd do it in a heartbeat. i don't see how independence ties in with being a stay at home mom, unless you just simply have no money of your own and in that case, that's your own fault because you're supposed to keep your own finances even while married.

    now sitting at home with no money of my own waiting for my husband to give me an "allowance" while i watch the kids and take care of home... nah, can't do it.

  5. #35
    Registered User CARAMELSISTA's Avatar CARAMELSISTA is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    BKLYN, USA
    Posts
    24,184
    Credits
    1,016,762
    if he's making over $200K per year + bonus, HELLS YES!

  6. #36
    Registered User YardiePrincess's Avatar YardiePrincess is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ..
    Posts
    6,271
    Credits
    1,523,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban View Post
    If ya'll are partners and you selected a good husband/man then its a partnership. Even if you were working, both individuals depend on each other, be it financially, emotionally, and for a lot more different things. I doh know why allyuh think allyuh is a self sufficient island. Like I said brainwashed.
    You have to be the sweetest bleeding heart on Imix....I love this statement. Very cute....The 60% divorce rate makes a lot of ppl. (women) leary of this situation.

  7. #37
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961

  8. #38
    Freedom Soca Taliban's Avatar Soca Taliban is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,914
    Credits
    1,517,407

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by trinifever View Post
    You have to be the sweetest bleeding heart on Imix....I love this statement. Very cute....The 60% divorce rate makes a lot of ppl. (women) leary of this situation.
    The divorce rate is so high, cause nuff people got married, who know damn well dem shunda been together.

  9. #39
    I breed Ank Panty Droppa's Avatar Panty Droppa is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    N.Y.C.
    Posts
    16,344
    Credits
    3,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason kiDD View Post
    Shhhh leave dem nah I hear about their kind. Dem "independant" woman dat does be crying woe is me I cant find a man..

  10. #40
    Pebbles362436
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zouk View Post
    but dey done make dey $ already. dey eh depending on no man to do anything for dem so dat's different.

    Some of them just accomplished climbing the corporate ladder and have their education already. So they are very confident if they ever feel the need or be force to return to a 9-5. They always have their education in their backpocket and continue to maintain very close relationships with some of their professional contacts/clients. They just run in different circles now and a lot of the deals they close are now on the golf courses etc. But their married and often have a mutual understanding with their husband/partner when it comes to how they want to raise their kids.
    Last edited by Pebbles362436; 06-07-2007 at 03:13 PM.

  11. #41
    Registered User YardiePrincess's Avatar YardiePrincess is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ..
    Posts
    6,271
    Credits
    1,523,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hershey View Post
    if i could work from home and take care of my kids... i'd do it in a heartbeat. i don't see how independence ties in with being a stay at home mom, unless you just simply have no money of your own and in that case, that's your own fault because you're supposed to keep your own finances even while married.

    now sitting at home with no money of my own waiting for my husband to give me an "allowance" while i watch the kids and take care of home... nah, can't do it.
    This sounds great but she did not mention working from home in her scenario....I would jump at this too..

  12. #42
    Registered User Ras_Apache is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    bk
    Posts
    12,337
    Credits
    3,662,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban View Post
    If ya'll are partners and you selected a good husband/man then its a partnership. Even if you were working, both individuals depend on each other, be it financially, emotionally, and for a lot more different things. I doh know why allyuh think allyuh is a self sufficient island. Like I said brainwashed.
    when you right you right!

    too many women getting mixed up with mr. WRONG.

  13. #43
    Registered User YardiePrincess's Avatar YardiePrincess is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ..
    Posts
    6,271
    Credits
    1,523,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban View Post
    The divorce rate is so high, cause nuff people got married, who know damn well dem shunda been together.
    Very true...somebody on the board get buff for mentioning what pastor said in church....but anyway....Couples should not be unequally yolked....todays society is so focused on equality that both partners need their own income potential to level the playing field....

  14. #44
    Fyah Statah zouk's Avatar zouk is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Da City dat never zzzzzzzzz
    Posts
    4,712
    Credits
    1,006,687
    Quote Originally Posted by trinifever View Post
    This sounds great but she did not mention working from home in her scenario....I would jump at this too..
    exactly. i wuz going by what wuz originally asked.

  15. #45
    Freedom Soca Taliban's Avatar Soca Taliban is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,914
    Credits
    1,517,407

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by trinifever View Post
    Very true...somebody on the board get buff for mentioning what pastor said in church....but anyway....Couples should not be unequally yolked....todays society is so focused on equality that both partners need their own income potential to level the playing field....
    No its women's insecurities that make them think that having their own money makes them equal. Like I said brainwash. Men an Woman are not equal beings!! Try as hard as they might, they can't run from the truth.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •