View Poll Results: Which is the best disciplining method?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beating the child

    6 66.67%
  • Talking to the child

    3 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Beatings vs Talkings

  1. #1
    the lost one TTmudder's Avatar TTmudder is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inna De Mad House
    Posts
    6,971
    Credits
    1,018,560

    Beatings vs Talkings

    Imagine your child (even if you dont have one) did something which was totally out of order. Would you beat the child for doing the act, or sternly talk to the child? and why?

  2. #2
    Im a SEXY B!TCH HATER PtHova's Avatar PtHova is offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FAT Camp
    Posts
    14,103
    Credits
    1,065,851
    did you delete the other thread? :rolleyes
    all you had to do was add a pol

    again
    i would talk first
    beat if they dont listen

  3. #3
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    47,045,995
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    Imagine your child (even if you dont have one) did something which was totally out of order. Would you beat the child for doing the act, or sternly talk to the child? and why?
    Talk

    SLAVERY DAYS are over, so are BEATINGS.

  4. #4
    the lost one TTmudder's Avatar TTmudder is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inna De Mad House
    Posts
    6,971
    Credits
    1,018,560
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Talk

    SLAVERY DAYS are over, so are BEATINGS.
    so if yuh child spat in yuh face you would jass say VP Jr that wasnt nice an done?

  5. #5
    Registered User Ras_Apache is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    bk
    Posts
    12,337
    Credits
    3,662,356
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    Imagine your child (even if you dont have one) did something which was totally out of order. Would you beat the child for doing the act, or sternly talk to the child? and why?
    i think beating is barbaric and out dated. LEADING BY EXAMPLE and talking to your child is the best thing.

  6. #6
    Poca
    Guest
    i don't believe in beating, so when my child doesn't listen i talk and use negative reinforcements.

  7. #7
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    47,045,995
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    so if yuh child spat in yuh face you would jass say VP Jr that wasnt nice an done?
    No.

  8. #8
    the lost one TTmudder's Avatar TTmudder is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inna De Mad House
    Posts
    6,971
    Credits
    1,018,560
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    No.
    so what would you say cause you said talking was the best option as beatings are out

  9. #9
    the lost one TTmudder's Avatar TTmudder is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inna De Mad House
    Posts
    6,971
    Credits
    1,018,560
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya
    i don't believe in beating, so when my child doesn't listen i talk and use negative reinforcements.
    ok but what about when they juss go crazy? destroying everything in sight, hitting you, swearing at you. you would still try an talk to them?

  10. #10
    Poca
    Guest
    i think if a child can bring himself to spit in his parent's face is because that this parent haven't been teaching /discipline the kid at all.

  11. #11
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    47,045,995
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    so what would you say cause you said talking was the best option as beatings are out
    Go to your ROOM in a very CONVINCING manner.

  12. #12
    the lost one TTmudder's Avatar TTmudder is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inna De Mad House
    Posts
    6,971
    Credits
    1,018,560
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya
    i think if a child can bring himself to spit in his parent's face is because that this parent haven't been teaching /discipline the kid at all.
    so why did you do as your parents told you? because they gave you convincing arguements for you to do as your told or because you were afraid of what would happen if you didnt?

  13. #13
    Poca
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    ok but what about when they juss go crazy? destroying everything in sight, hitting you, swearing at you. you would still try an talk to them?

    well my daughter doesn't act like that at all. i don't know what you mean by going "crazy" but she sure doesn't bit or hit even less swear. because she is not in an environment that promotes such behaviors. when she does something i find out of place, i tell her to stop. she often will try to see how serious i am buy testing my limits, so if i am very serous i just tell her to stop with a very serious tone, and she usually does. if she doesn't i send her to the corner. she goes sit on her chair or on the floor is she wants. and some time after uslually 2-3 minutes (on rare occassions 5 minutes) and ask her why she went and explain to her with a language she will comprehend, why i was not happy.

    anyway, my child shows disagreement by getting vex, she doesn;t feel the need to break things. and i thought her that i don't wanna see her vex face, so when she is not happy about something i see she has to go to isolate herself. since she likes companie she doesn't normally keep a vexed face for too long.

  14. #14
    the lost one TTmudder's Avatar TTmudder is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inna De Mad House
    Posts
    6,971
    Credits
    1,018,560
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Go to your ROOM in a very CONVINCING manner.
    out of interest were you ever beaten?

  15. #15
    Poca
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    so why did you do as your parents told you? because they gave you convincing arguements for you to do as your told or because you were afraid of what would happen if you didnt?
    hum, i cannot really take myself for example i used to be a very manipulative kids who used to get most of what i wnated. and also because i was super excellent at school my parents let me got away with it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •