View Poll Results: Which is the best disciplining method?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beating the child

6 66.67%
  • Talking to the child

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatings vs Talkings

Credits

Beatings vs Talkings

Imagine your child (even if you dont have one) did something which was totally out of order. Would you beat the child for doing the act, or sternly talk to the child? and why?

Credits
    did you delete the other thread? :rolleyes
    all you had to do was add a pol

again
    i would talk first
    beat if they dont listen

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    Imagine your child (even if you dont have one) did something which was totally out of order. Would you beat the child for doing the act, or sternly talk to the child? and why?
    Talk

SLAVERY DAYS are over, so are BEATINGS.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Talk

SLAVERY DAYS are over, so are BEATINGS.
    so if yuh child spat in yuh face you would jass say VP Jr that wasnt nice an done?

Credits
    i think beating is barbaric and out dated. LEADING BY EXAMPLE and talking to your child is the best thing.

Poca
    i don't believe in beating, so when my child doesn't listen i talk and use negative reinforcements.

Credits
    so if yuh child spat in yuh face you would jass say VP Jr that wasnt nice an done?
    No.

Credits
    No.
    so what would you say cause you said talking was the best option as beatings are out

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya
    i don't believe in beating, so when my child doesn't listen i talk and use negative reinforcements.
    ok but what about when they juss go crazy? destroying everything in sight, hitting you, swearing at you. you would still try an talk to them?

Poca
    i think if a child can bring himself to spit in his parent's face is because that this parent haven't been teaching /discipline the kid at all.

Credits
    so what would you say cause you said talking was the best option as beatings are out
    Go to your ROOM in a very CONVINCING manner.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya
    i think if a child can bring himself to spit in his parent's face is because that this parent haven't been teaching /discipline the kid at all.
    so why did you do as your parents told you? because they gave you convincing arguements for you to do as your told or because you were afraid of what would happen if you didnt?

Poca
    ok but what about when they juss go crazy? destroying everything in sight, hitting you, swearing at you. you would still try an talk to them?

well my daughter doesn't act like that at all. i don't know what you mean by going "crazy" but she sure doesn't bit or hit even less swear. because she is not in an environment that promotes such behaviors. when she does something i find out of place, i tell her to stop. she often will try to see how serious i am buy testing my limits, so if i am very serous i just tell her to stop with a very serious tone, and she usually does. if she doesn't i send her to the corner. she goes sit on her chair or on the floor is she wants. and some time after uslually 2-3 minutes (on rare occassions 5 minutes) and ask her why she went and explain to her with a language she will comprehend, why i was not happy.

anyway, my child shows disagreement by getting vex, she doesn;t feel the need to break things. and i thought her that i don't wanna see her vex face, so when she is not happy about something i see she has to go to isolate herself. since she likes companie she doesn't normally keep a vexed face for too long.

Credits
    Go to your ROOM in a very CONVINCING manner.
    out of interest were you ever beaten?

Poca
    so why did you do as your parents told you? because they gave you convincing arguements for you to do as your told or because you were afraid of what would happen if you didnt?
    hum, i cannot really take myself for example i used to be a very manipulative kids who used to get most of what i wnated. and also because i was super excellent at school my parents let me got away with it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast