Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BARBADOS, STOP IT! DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST CARICOM NATIONALS, ESPECiALLY GUYANESE

Credits

BARBADOS, STOP IT! DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST CARICOM NATIONALS, ESPECiALLY GUYANESE

Guyanese in Barbados plead for President Jagdeo’s intervention

May 18, 2009 | By knews

- houses reportedly being raided by night

“I don’t know if Jagdeo has any teeth,” Barbadian-based Guyanese

Guyanese nationals living in Barbados are calling on President Bharat Jagdeo to speak on behalf of his countrymen against what they described as atrocities against them by the Barbadian authorities.
    The call comes in the wake of a warning by Vincentian Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves of a collapse of the Caribbean Single Market and Economy (CSME) in the face of what he sees as discriminatory immigration policies in some territories of the regional integration bloc - CARICOM.

Ralph Gonsalves

A new Barbadian immigration policy threatens the deportation of all illegal immigrants at the end of this year, but CARICOM Secretary General Edwin Carrington has said that while CARICOM is not lenient towards “illegal” immigrants “the way” in which these policies are executed, matters.
    According to Guyanese on the island, President Jagdeo appears to be a ‘toothless poodle’ when it comes to representing his people against atrocities meted out to them by authorities in CARICOM member countries, especially Barbados.
    Several Guyanese and other Caribbean nationals have migrated to the island within the past decade.
    Guyanese Benn Rajkumar has been living in Barbados for the past eight years and according to him, Barbadian Immigration Officials, with assistance from the Barbados Police Force, have been raiding the residences of Guyanese at nights under the guise of picking up suspected illegal immigrants.
    The Guyanese said that suspects are rounded up and detained at a facility at the Grantley Adams International Airport, sometimes for four days under inhumane conditions.
    “The police move around in the nights and they raid mostly the Guyanese East Indian residences because they are easily identifiable. I don’t know if President Jagdeo has any teeth,” Rajkumar.
    He said that within recent times, Guyana’s Counsel in Barbados Norman Faria has been speaking out but this appears to be having little or no effect.

David Thompson

Barbados Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin refused to comment on the matter when questions were put to him during the recent Association of Caribbean Commissioners of Police conference held here last week.
    Meanwhile, in a statement issued in the Vincentian House of Parliament, Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves, while not naming Barbados specifically, said it was sad that some political leaders are “stoking chauvinistic fires which are latent in our Caribbean societies.”
    “This has led here and there to an outpouring of a malignant xenophobia particularly against Guyanese, Jamaicans, Vincentians, St Lucians and Grenadians,” he is quoted by news reports as saying.
    Gonsalves has been quoted as saying that if the discrimination does not stop, then “Caricom would shortly be rent asunder.”
    The St. Vincent Prime Minister, who is known to be outspoken, drew an example of discrimination whereby a Vincentian woman, who is married to a Barbadian, was denied a student visa for her five-year-old niece who was attending school in Barbados and her 18-year-old niece who was writing exams last September.
    Gonsalves said both had to leave Barbados within a seven-day period on instructions of the Immigration Department. A letter outlining the circumstances had been sent to Barbados Prime Minister David Thompson, Gonsalves said.
    He said his government is being patient with CARICOM and will never “lightly abandon the CSME, but the discriminatory antics against our nationals by some immigration authorities must stop.”
    Gonsalves asserted that the Vincentian government had gone way beyond the treaty and had accommodated CARICOM nationals who were not yet entitled to the right of employment.
    CARICOM Secretary General Edwin Carrington said the May 23 meeting of leaders in Trinidad would be the earliest opportunity to determine “whether we are going in the right direction.”

Credits
    I think it is time that we as CARIBBEAN PEOPLE SPEAK OUT against these BAJANS and their COLONIAL like GOVERNMENT.

TAWK yuh TAWK

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I think it is time that we as CARIBBEAN PEOPLE SPEAK OUT against these BAJANS and their COLONIAL like GOVERNMENT.

TAWK yuh TAWK
    I love seeing diplomacy in action lol

Credits
    vincypowa, the thing i dont understand bout guyanese is that guyana is full of natural resources like gold, water, etc. barbados aint got too many natural resources, and wat we have is for bajans. guyanese aint gine step forward and provide barbados with some of their wealth. so u expect bajans to stay back watch them comin up tekkin up everything we got and their land rich with things. the indo guyanese are easily to recognise but i dont understand why the police have to be raiding places.

as fuh de vincies, ralph gonsalves need to hush he ass. POOR EXCUSE to hop on hugo chavez bandwagon.

Credits
    [SIZE="4"i agree, provided that you are not in the country illegally[/SIZE]
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits

TAWK yuh TAWK
    I can't speak much about it, but I can talk about my experience in Barbados. They treat you so very nice once you in Barbados, the moment they know you are going Vincy or have Vincentian background all hell breaks loose and their attitude changes. It happens all the time, as a result I don't really travel through Bim I go through Trini, they may joke about my headpieces when I get into Trini but they don't harass me as they do in Bim. Barbados they quick to take yuh strong rum all kinna antics. Trini it's not so bad.

Credits

TAWK yuh TAWK
    lol, u so foolish. colonial government? no wonder dem trinis cant get hold of laventilee community cause it full off vincy rebels.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva** View Post
    I can't speak much about it, but I can talk about my experience in Barbados. They treat you so very nice once you in Barbados, the moment they know you are going Vincy or have Vincentian background all hell breaks loose and their attitude changes. It happens all the time, as a result I don't really travel through Bim I go through Trini, they may joke about my headpieces when I get into Trini but they don't harass me as they do in Bim. Barbados they quick to take yuh strong rum all kinna antics. Trini it's not so bad.
    haters. trinis does treat u good?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    I love seeing diplomacy in action lol

DIPLOMACY AWAITS US at the END of the TUNNEL. Right now we’re just ENTERING the TUNNEL.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJANFUHLIFE View Post
    all the time .

Credits
    lol, u so foolish. colonial government? no wonder dem trinis cant get hold of laventilee community cause it full off vincy rebels.
    that's was dry like constipated shit

Credits
    and u still looked at it.

Credits
    funny
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Credits
    vincypowa, the thing i dont understand bout guyanese is that guyana is full of natural resources like gold, water, etc. barbados aint got too many natural resources, and wat we have is for bajans. guyanese aint gine step forward and provide barbados with some of their wealth. so u expect bajans to stay back watch them comin up tekkin up everything we got and their land rich with things. the indo guyanese are easily to recognise but i dont understand why the police have to be raiding places.

as fuh de vincies, ralph gonsalves need to hush he ass. POOR EXCUSE to hop on hugo chavez bandwagon.

BAJANS were ENJOYING the spoils of those NATURAL RESOURCES at one TIME in GUYANA. That is why MANY GUYANESE in GUYANA have BAJAN ROOTS. I am sure that the GUYANESE WELCOMED those BAJANS to their LAND with OPEN ARMS.

But we’re now SEEING the BAJANS TREATING the GUYANESE like “PIECE OF SHIT,” as if they’re some ALIENS from OUT of SPACE.

STOP it BARBADOS…ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

That beign said, the COMRADE LEADER is not AFRAID to SPEAK out on BEHALF of VINCIES and other CARICOM NATIONALS who are being mistreated in “LITTLE ENLAND” by these aggressive BAJANS and their GOVERNMENT.

I COMMEND the COMRADE on SPEAKING out on this ISSUE. He again is SHOWING that he is the DEFACTO VOICE of TRUE LEADERSHIP in the Caribbean.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEEE

Credits
    But why u dragging Trini's into this convo?
    This is about Barbados and their mistreatment of fellow west indians.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast