Thread: Barbados has their very own zonkey!

Credits

Barbados has their very own zonkey!

Looks like Elq's horsie getting on bad!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7677651/?GT1=6428

ST. THOMAS, Barbados - It's male. But what is it? A zonkey? A deebra? That's the debate in Barbados since a zebra gave birth to a foal sired by a donkey.

advertisement
    Alex was born April 21, a milk-chocolate brown creature with the black stripes of a zebra on his ears and legs. His face looks more like a horse, with a distinctive black "V" patch on the forehead.

"It's really funny and a little bit freaky," said Natalie Harvey, a 29-year-old waitress. "I was stunned to hear about such a weird thing happening here."

While zebra hybrids are not uncommon, most Barbadians have never seen anything like Alex.

His mother, Allison, is one of two zebras brought to the Caribbean island from Botswana, in southern Africa, in the early 1990s. The other is George and both live at Highland, a six-acre ranch where goats, sheep, ducks and donkeys roam free.

George, however, suffered a long illness, and Allison became friendly with a donkey.

"We knew she was with foal but were not sure who the father was," said Philip Atwell, the head of Highland ranch.

As for George, he seems to get along well with his rival's offspring. Ranchers hope Allison will eventually mate with George, who is now healthy, Atwell said.

In the meantime, Alex is the talk of Barbados.

"It's easier for a zebra to give birth to a donkey than for either of these teams to score a goal!" a frustrated fan shouted during a recent soccer match, to roars of laughter.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by fiyah
    Looks like Elq's horsie getting on bad!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7677651/?GT1=6428

ST. THOMAS, Barbados - It's male. But what is it? A zonkey? A deebra? That's the debate in Barbados since a zebra gave birth to a foal sired by a donkey.

advertisement
    Alex was born April 21, a milk-chocolate brown creature with the black stripes of a zebra on his ears and legs. His face looks more like a horse, with a distinctive black "V" patch on the forehead.

"It's really funny and a little bit freaky," said Natalie Harvey, a 29-year-old waitress. "I was stunned to hear about such a weird thing happening here."

While zebra hybrids are not uncommon, most Barbadians have never seen anything like Alex.

His mother, Allison, is one of two zebras brought to the Caribbean island from Botswana, in southern Africa, in the early 1990s. The other is George and both live at Highland, a six-acre ranch where goats, sheep, ducks and donkeys roam free.

George, however, suffered a long illness, and Allison became friendly with a donkey.

"We knew she was with foal but were not sure who the father was," said Philip Atwell, the head of Highland ranch.

As for George, he seems to get along well with his rival's offspring. Ranchers hope Allison will eventually mate with George, who is now healthy, Atwell said.

In the meantime, Alex is the talk of Barbados.

"It's easier for a zebra to give birth to a donkey than for either of these teams to score a goal!" a frustrated fan shouted during a recent soccer match, to roars of laughter.
    @zonkey

Credits
    i just googled it ...it's a friggin zeedonk!
    "If they were appreciated for their personality in the first place, she would not have been told to get extensions or weave when she started out as a reporter. This whole thing would not have been an issue to begin with if these women were appreciated for what was in their heads and on on top it." - Hello BKLYN

elq
    Credits
    you are all unbelievable

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    you are all unbelievable
    you want me to introduce you to zeedonk?? i hope horsie don't get jealous!
    "If they were appreciated for their personality in the first place, she would not have been told to get extensions or weave when she started out as a reporter. This whole thing would not have been an issue to begin with if these women were appreciated for what was in their heads and on on top it." - Hello BKLYN

vincy_socababy
    Quote Originally Posted by Libralove83

@ zeedonk

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Libralove83

TC
    Credits
    What an interesting creature...in Barbados! What surprises me is that it was created naturally and not by mans deliberate intervention!

dev
    Credits
    Nuff publicity bout this all over de world. Someone in room 4 told me nuff journalists down in B'dos wanting interviews.
    Since the father is the donkey, would it not be best to call it a donzee, even though zonkey flows off the tongue easier.