Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Barbados concerned about Jamaicans coming for marriages of convenience

Credits

Barbados concerned about Jamaicans coming for marriages of convenience

B’dos concerned about Jamaicans coming for marriages of convenience

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Print this page Email A Friend!

BARBADOS immigration authorities are concerned that Jamaicans are coming to the island to be involved in marriages of convenience, a report in today’s Barbados Nation said.

The report said the women are meeting men in the Internet and then going to Barbados to marry them.

Senator Harry Husbands, parliamentary secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister, was quoted as saying one Jamaican woman went to the island on three different occasions to marry three different men.

Read more: B’dos concerned about Jamaicans coming for marriages of convenience - News - JamaicaObserver.com

Credits
    By Maria Bradshaw | Sun, April 01, 2012 - 12:09 AM

Immigration authorities say while the problem of illegal Guyanese appears to be coming under control, they are now trying to come to terms with an influx of Jamaicans, including several young women willing to get involved in marriages of convenience.

“Every day, we are dealing with somebody who is trying to get in. They are meeting the men over the Internet and are coming here to marry them,” said Senator Harry Husbands, parliamentary secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister, with responsibility for Immigration, who informed the SUNDAY SUN of a particular case in which a Jamaican woman came here on three different occasions to marry three different men.

A senior Immigration source, who requested anonymity, also commented on the situation, saying that since 2009 when scores of illegal Guyanese started to leave Barbados on account of an Immigration amnesty, they had noticed an influx of Jamaicans.

The official did not give any figures, but said while the Immigration Department had been trying to prevent the Guyanese situation from recurring, it had seen an increase in the number of Jamaicans arrested for trying to smuggle illegal drugs into the island.

Online love -- NationNews Barbados -- Local, Regional and International News -- nationnews.com

Credits
    The men having issues with the women at home? Why they looking suh?

the whole thing is lol in a sad way though...I mean, what is in Barbados that going to be worth the whole hassle?
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

♥bruk d mold wen bawn♥ Da 1 n 0nly Vida's Avatar Da 1 n 0nly Vida is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    B’dos concerned about Jamaicans coming for marriages of convenience

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Print this page Email A Friend!

BARBADOS immigration authorities are concerned that Jamaicans are coming to the island to be involved in marriages of convenience, a report in today’s Barbados Nation said.

The report said the women are meeting men in the Internet and then going to Barbados to marry them.

Senator Harry Husbands, parliamentary secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister, was quoted as saying one Jamaican woman went to the island on three different occasions to marry three different men.

Read more: B’dos concerned about Jamaicans coming for marriages of convenience - News - JamaicaObserver.com
    dey really need fa stop dis ################ry .. de two islands need fi come fa piece .. ma fren babbzy been talk bout dis frm last yr bout de lil back n forth wid bim n ja since sum ja men was detained n treated badly ina bim prisons .. cant we all jus get along??? shittte ... ja n bim is ma two fav w.i. .. i STAYYY chilln wid yaardies n bajans (and a couple others frm other w.i. islands)
    Secretary of Patriotics Radio .. We ARE gine mek it OVAH ALL!!!! Watch wait n SEE!!
    Check my profile for links to de station and to Ingrunt Link Soundz .. Bless up Bless up Bless uP!!!
    ::Embrace Diversity n Incorporate it in your every day life:: ::do Unto others as you want done to you:: :: Dont judge a book by its cover:: ::What to you is rags might be riches to another:: ::Look in d mirror n Improve yourself before starting on someone else::

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post

the whole thing is lol in a sad way though...I mean, what is in Barbados that going to be worth the whole hassle?
    umm i dunno.. a better exchange rate?? no travel restrictions?
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    umm i dunno.. a better exchange rate?? no travel restrictions?
    SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    how many people connect barbados with sex??? i think peopel would more cnnect jamaica with sex.. i mean hedonism et all.. plus the rent a dreads on de beach lol
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    how many people connect barbados with sex??? i think peopel would more cnnect jamaica with sex.. i mean hedonism et all.. plus the rent a dreads on de beach lol
    The primary destinations for female sex tourism are Southern Europe; also South Korea; China; the Caribbean (led by Jamaica, Barbados and the Dominican Republic); Southeast Asia, (Bali in Indonesia[1] and Phuket in Thailand); and Gambia, Senegal and Kenya in Africa.[2] Lesser destinations include Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Fiji, Ecuador and Costa Rica.[3]

Female sex tourism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    Hahahaha.
    Dat country, eh? We need to pass a resolution to remove dem from Caricom.

Credits

UWI is free for all citizens right?

Credits
    Just another publicity stunt
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Credits
    :riddim up: Call up wi name juss fi get a faawud.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha enuff said. poor bajan women. things bad with unnuu. what i want to know is when we going to stop humouring this CARICOM madness when its obvious that the Lesser Antilles don't want to be joined with Jamaica and Guyana. I mean seriously! Great idea in theory but there is just too much antagonism. What could possibly spawn an article like this? Is this a real problem in Bim? Jamaicans desperately trying to get in? Really now? When I was in Bim the more serious issue was that Jamaicans don't regard Bim as a country. With its first world status etc we still thought we were better than them. I have never heard anyone looking to move up in life trying to move up to Bim. Its always the first world, US, England etc. and though they complain about the bad seeds they still take us because when we bad we very bad ... but when were good ... just check out our medal haul at olympics, our music treating boundaries as if they dont exist and there are all the other contributors that wont get on the Time 100 list but still enough to strengthen brand Jamaica. T

Credits

Barbados is the fastest growing economy in the western hemisphere, you probably didn't know that.....

I was gonna do a thread from Friday and ask bajans here how bad is the immigration problem getting. Cuz I seeing a lot of different islanders landing in BIM. Probably in route to the states/canada/england.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa4812 View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha enuff said. poor bajan women. things bad with unnuu. what i want to know is when we going to stop humouring this CARICOM madness when its obvious that the Lesser Antilles don't want to be joined with Jamaica and Guyana. I mean seriously! Great idea in theory but there is just too much antagonism. What could possibly spawn an article like this? Is this a real problem in Bim? Jamaicans desperately trying to get in? Really now? When I was in Bim the more serious issue was that Jamaicans don't regard Bim as a country. With its first world status etc we still thought we were better than them. I have never heard anyone looking to move up in life trying to move up to Bim. Its always the first world, US, England etc. and though they complain about the bad seeds they still take us because when we bad we very bad ... but when were good ... just check out our medal haul at olympics, our music treating boundaries as if they dont exist and there are all the other contributors that wont get on the Time 100 list but still enough to strengthen brand Jamaica. T

There's been a long history of Africans landing in France/Italy/England/Germany in route to the U.S. & Canada. 10-15 yrs ago Jamaicans were landing in Antigua/V.I/Bahamas/Belize in route to the U.S & Canada. BIM is just the latest HUB.

Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast