Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banks!

Credits

Banks!

Alright, I've always known Banks Beer as THE Bajan brew, and their website claims so as well.
    BUT I have several Guyanese claiming it originated in GT and the Bajan is a carbon copy. Much as I point out the obvious(??), these guys won't change their story.
    Someone give me the real deal please, and why they would think such a thing!

Credits
    from what i know, it originated in gt, but some guy from there brought it over..

elq
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bajandixiee View Post
    from what i know, it originated in gt, but some guy from there brought it over..
    Q. Is Banks Barbados the same as Banks Guyana?
    A. Banks (Barbados) Breweries Ltd. and Banks Guyana are two separate companies although there are linkages between their parent companies, Banks Holdings Limited (BHL) of Barbados and Banks DIH (BDIH) of Guyana, respectively. In February 2005 BHL and BDIH signed a Memorandum of Understanding. The agreement was effected by a share transfer agreement which sees Banks DIH acquiring 9.14% of BHL, and BHL acquiring 11.8% of DIH.

http://www.broadstreetnews.com/index...2_articleid=14
    “Where they differ:

“• Banks DIH Ltd. is one of the largest and most influential business conglomerates in Guyana. Its retail interests range in scope from bread to biscuits, cereals, ice cream, milk, soft drinks, beer, rum and wine. Other commercial businesses include banking, restaurants and dry-cleaning. BDIH are bottlers of Coca-Cola, Guinness and Vita Malt and holds the franchise for other international brands.

“• Banks Holdings Ltd. (BHL), the younger of the two has maintained a focus almost exclusively in beverage production, and distribution. BHL has extended more recently to bottle blowing and recycling. It currently owns Duraplast Inc., which recycles used PET bottles and converts them into roofing tiles. The end product is utilised domestically and is currently exported to several Caricom territories. With its range of Soft drink and Dairy products, BHL commands over 60 percent of the non-alcoholic and carbonated beverages market in Barbados.
    Brief History:

“Demerara Ice House (the original DIH, now D’Aguiar’s Industries & Holdings), a bottling company, hotel and bar, was a family business turned into an empire in the 1950’s by young entrepreneur Peter Stanislaus D’Aguiar (1912-1989).

“In 1955 he formed Banks Breweries Ltd., one of the first publicly owned companies in British Guiana. The company took its name from the brewery’s location on the East Bank of the Demerara River. Four years later, on August 20, 1959, D’Aguiar unveiled his prospectus at the Marine Hotel in Hastings Christ Church, for a new plant to be called Banks (Barbados) Breweries Ltd. Peter D’Aguiar believed in affordable prices, good wages, good profit and widespread ownership. He continually aimed for “a phenomenally high standard of living for his employees and prosperity for all”. It is a philosophy which still obtains at both the Guyana and Barbados operations today.”

Credits
    So BASED on the INFO GIVEN, THE GUYANESE R CORRECT.

It is the FIRST to use the BANKS name.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    So BASED on the INFO GIVEN, THE GUYANESE R CORRECT.

It is the FIRST to use the BANKS name.

Yes it's OURS

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by elq View Post
    Q. Is Banks Barbados the same as Banks Guyana?
    A. Banks (Barbados) Breweries Ltd. and Banks Guyana are two separate companies although there are linkages between their parent companies, Banks Holdings Limited (BHL) of Barbados and Banks DIH (BDIH) of Guyana, respectively. In February 2005 BHL and BDIH signed a Memorandum of Understanding. The agreement was effected by a share transfer agreement which sees Banks DIH acquiring 9.14% of BHL, and BHL acquiring 11.8% of DIH.

http://www.broadstreetnews.com/index...2_articleid=14
    “Where they differ:

“• Banks DIH Ltd. is one of the largest and most influential business conglomerates in Guyana. Its retail interests range in scope from bread to biscuits, cereals, ice cream, milk, soft drinks, beer, rum and wine. Other commercial businesses include banking, restaurants and dry-cleaning. BDIH are bottlers of Coca-Cola, Guinness and Vita Malt and holds the franchise for other international brands.

“• Banks Holdings Ltd. (BHL), the younger of the two has maintained a focus almost exclusively in beverage production, and distribution. BHL has extended more recently to bottle blowing and recycling. It currently owns Duraplast Inc., which recycles used PET bottles and converts them into roofing tiles. The end product is utilised domestically and is currently exported to several Caricom territories. With its range of Soft drink and Dairy products, BHL commands over 60 percent of the non-alcoholic and carbonated beverages market in Barbados.
    Brief History:

“Demerara Ice House (the original DIH, now D’Aguiar’s Industries & Holdings), a bottling company, hotel and bar, was a family business turned into an empire in the 1950’s by young entrepreneur Peter Stanislaus D’Aguiar (1912-1989).

“In 1955 he formed Banks Breweries Ltd., one of the first publicly owned companies in British Guiana. The company took its name from the brewery’s location on the East Bank of the Demerara River. Four years later, on August 20, 1959, D’Aguiar unveiled his prospectus at the Marine Hotel in Hastings Christ Church, for a new plant to be called Banks (Barbados) Breweries Ltd. Peter D’Aguiar believed in affordable prices, good wages, good profit and widespread ownership. He continually aimed for “a phenomenally high standard of living for his employees and prosperity for all”. It is a philosophy which still obtains at both the Guyana and Barbados operations today.”

Credits
    Lawd....now people fighting fuh beer dat none ah dem profiting from

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietstorm View Post
    Yes it's OURS
    AH COMING to GRENADA to gET U.

Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    have you tasted Banks?
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Vincy & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; Bajan YuhMur's Avatar YuhMur is offline
    Credits
    Either way it still tastes like dutty mud water to me. Hmmm... Guess it WAS originated in Guyana.

Nobody get them panties in a bunch.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    have you tasted Banks?
    Nope. Not much of a beer person. Why, does it matter if I tasted it or not?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YuhMur View Post
    Either way it still tastes like dutty mud water to me. Hmmm... Guess it WAS originated in Guyana.

HA........

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    have you tasted Banks?
    I've tasted both.
    De GT one is GREAT!
    Be Bajan one taste like water...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by brownskintrini View Post
    I've tasted both.
    De GT one is GREAT!
    Be Bajan one taste like water...

I think so too

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by YuhMur View Post

The BAJAN version that is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast