Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Ban Guns?

Credits

Ban Guns?

yes or no? unless your a hunter or police etc. and aint it true that most cops and military men turn in there weapons when the shift is over...should we just leave the weapons to the badman and police? why does a citizen who not bout that life need those things? protection? well i thought thats what cell phones and pocket knives was for. if you are not bout that life and most people not strapped i would think its pretty rare you actually need big machine to defend yourself.

Credits
    America is too far gone to ban guns. The proposed legislation to ban assault and semi automatic weapons won't do any good, if the plan is not to have people turn in the ones they already own.

Basically you're trying to close the barn door after the horse has been gone 100 plus years.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    I don't readily subscribe to the idea of banning guns. While I empathise with those who argue that having the instruments of violence increases the potential for violence, I know very well that when you ban guns or place heavily restrictions to accessing them, you embolden the criminal element who could care less one way or the other about your gun laws and the penalties. All you have done is remove firearms from law-abiding citizens.

Now one can argue that this is why you have the police and security forces and there is merit to that. However, even in the US and UK which have arguably highly efficient law-enforcement agencies, gun crimes still occur. In fact criminal activity usually evolves at paces that these agencies often do not keep pace with.

In my view the better option is to deal with the culture of violence and aggression and the many causative factors that spur it (including the kind of economies that encourage individualism and fast-paced competitiveness......and the depression and stress issues that are linked with it). We look at the US all the time, what about the Scandinavian countries that also have ready access to guns, how is it that their murder rates are far, far less than in the US?
    Create your own university; develop and encourage a culture of critical thinking and action

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    I agree with chinks and A7

Credits
    As has been said, "baning guns" is not possible neither is it on the table.

The call is to regulate how and who has access to certain types of guns. This does not preculde aaddressing the other issues of mental health, violent games, "culture of violence" or whatever...

as horrific as the killing of kids are , the discussion is should also speak to daily loss of lives with these type of weapons....

The problem is the "gun enthusiasts" ( included nancy lanza, whose own guns killed her) are now blaming everything else

Everything needs to be up for discussion incluidng how can assault weapons not be in the hands of certain individuals...

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    As has been said, "baning guns" is not possible neither is it on the table.

The call is to regulate how and who has access to certain types of guns. This does not preculde aaddressing the other issues of mental health, violent games, "culture of violence" or whatever...

as horrific as the killing of kids are , the discussion is should also speak to daily loss of lives with these type of weapons....

The problem is the "gun enthusiasts" ( included nancy lanza, whose own guns killed her) are now blaming everything else

Everything needs to be up for discussion incluidng how can assault weapons not be in the hands of certain individuals...
    I am waiting on the full investigation; I have ah feeling she buy dem guns for her crazy ass son.
    I hate when people in the media use the word assault weapons. There is a big difference and the media use the word the scare the public. The guns are semi-automatic. Automatic weapons are not sold to the general public unless you have a permit from the ATF

These so call BANS are to make some voters feel good. Think about it. illicit drugs are illegal but you can get weed , coke or heroin , they once banned alcohol but people was still drinking and criminals was making ah profit
    Guns are restricted in Mexico, what good did it do them over 30K dead in the last few yrs from illegal weapons

Credits
    The bottom line is that the US's gun crime is astronomical in comparison to any other developed nation. While there are a lot of factors that come into play with respect to gun related deaths / crime the major difference between the US and every other developed nation is simply availability of weapons.

Someone pull up Australia, they outlawed assault weapons and semi-automatic weapons ... within a decade or so brought gun related deaths / crime down some 59%. Japan's gun deaths / crimes aren't anywhere near the vicinity the US is because strict gun laws prohibit citizens from obtaining certain types of weapons. In Canada, we can get guns, there are two types of licences short & long arm but you cannot legally obtain assault weapons, weapons intended for military warfare, or semi-automatics. It is simple math.

The citizens of the US need to stop using their misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment to justify a free reign on obtaining weapons. The 2nd amendment was put in place to state that citizens have the right to stand up against the government and are allowed to arm themselves if it was necessary to do so against said tyrannical government (for lack of better terminology) ... not for everyone to have access to a frigging artillery! Now that being said, that was in a time that a citizen and the military could obtain similar types of guns... now a days it isn't even possible for an entire state to stand up against their government, never mind a citizen, EVEN WITH ASSAULT weapons ... your government has tanks and nuclear war head.

Now, these are different times, I am not into guns at all, but at minimum the government needs to stop all members of the public from having access to certain kinds of weaponry. No person should be able to pump multiple rounds into multiple people in a matter of a minute. It simply isn't necessary.

The shit isn't rocket science.
    Hello BKLYN likes this.
    ─╤╦︻ Ordem e Progresso ︻╦╤─

"Now doesn't it make you feel better?
    The pigs have won tonight.
    Now they can all sleep soundly,
    and everything is all right."

Credits
    There will always be a loophole for assault rifles to get in the hands of common folk. The issue I think is will the gov stop at assault rifles. America was won with the gun. How can you call your self an american and not have one, its a tradition here in the U.S.

I cant technically by a A.K. in NYC but I bet I could get one legally, and not talking about seeing the neighborhood gun dealer. Im saying straight off ebay, shipped one way or another. Im just saying.....All the new gun laws aint gonna do much. all they will do is send everything black market and the gun corps still make money on both ends. They sell the weapons to the authorities, and sell the same weapons black market for double or triple the profit.

Why not ban knives? I think knives n swords have killed and were used in suicides more than guns.............
    One tree makes a thousand match sticks, but one match stick can burn a thousand trees

When you truly are conscious in the knowing of yourself, your divine nature which is God as your Soul, there is no fear whatsoever.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Farinborn View Post
    There will always be a loophole for assault rifles to get in the hands of common folk. The issue I think is will the gov stop at assault rifles. America was won with the gun. How can you call your self an american and not have one, its a tradition here in the U.S.

I would say "How can you call yourself an American snot want the right to own a gun"

At the end of the day drugs are illegal and people still have and sell them, same will apply to guns if a ban was enforced

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    I would say "How can you call yourself an American and not want the right to own a gun, assault down to hand guns"

At the end of the day drugs are illegal and people still have and sell them, same will apply to guns if a ban was enforced
    LMAO excuse my type o
    One tree makes a thousand match sticks, but one match stick can burn a thousand trees

When you truly are conscious in the knowing of yourself, your divine nature which is God as your Soul, there is no fear whatsoever.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Farinborn View Post
    There will always be a loophole for assault rifles to get in the hands of common folk.
    Error.
    I told you to look up other developed nations for a reason.
    You can always obtain anything illegally.
    ...but focus.

People need to research and read up instead of continuing to talk out of their asses and support their own preconceived ill-notions of fact or reality.

There is a reason the US has higher gun deaths than any other developed nation in the world ... the only reason ... the only reason... again ... the only reasons is legislation & access.

Stop talking, start researching.

America was won with the gun. How can you call your self an american and not have one, its a tradition here in the U.S.
    Perfect example of the misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment and history.

Stop perpetuating assness. Research other developed nations.

Move out of the 17th century.
    mz_JazE likes this.
    ─╤╦︻ Ordem e Progresso ︻╦╤─

"Now doesn't it make you feel better?
    The pigs have won tonight.
    Now they can all sleep soundly,
    and everything is all right."

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by TweetaFineeta View Post
    Error.
    I told you to look up other developed nations for a reason.
    You can always obtain anything illegally.
    ...but focus.

People need to research and read up instead of continuing to talk out of their asses and support their own preconceived ill-notions of fact or reality.

There is a reason the US has higher gun deaths than any other developed nation in the world ... the only reason ... the only reason... again ... the only reasons is legislation & access.

Stop talking, start researching.

Perfect example of the misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment and history.

Stop perpetuating assness. Research other developed nations.

Move out of the 17th century.

What is your understanding of the 2nd amendment in the United States constitution?

..and please don't tell me about other nations. Everyone thus far is discussing the right to own a gun as an American citizen living in America and why Americans always had this right...

Credits
    The bottom line is that the US's gun crime is astronomical in comparison to any other developed nation. While there are a lot of factors that come into play with respect to gun related deaths / crime the major difference between the US and every other developed nation is simply availability of weapons.

Someone pull up Australia, they outlawed assault weapons and semi-automatic weapons ... within a decade or so brought gun related deaths / crime down some 59%. Japan's gun deaths / crimes aren't anywhere near the vicinity the US is because strict gun laws prohibit citizens from obtaining certain types of weapons. In Canada, we can get guns, there are two types of licences short & long arm but you cannot legally obtain assault weapons, weapons intended for military warfare, or semi-automatics. It is simple math.

The citizens of the US need to stop using their misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment to justify a free reign on obtaining weapons. The 2nd amendment was put in place to state that citizens have the right to stand up against the government and are allowed to arm themselves if it was necessary to do so against said tyrannical government (for lack of better terminology) ... not for everyone to have access to a frigging artillery! Now that being said, that was in a time that a citizen and the military could obtain similar types of guns... now a days it isn't even possible for an entire state to stand up against their government, never mind a citizen, EVEN WITH ASSAULT weapons ... your government has tanks and nuclear war head.

Now, these are different times, I am not into guns at all, but at minimum the government needs to stop all members of the public from having access to certain kinds of weaponry. No person should be able to pump multiple rounds into multiple people in a matter of a minute. It simply isn't necessary.

The shit isn't rocket science.
    Austrailia also went through an economic boom for last decade.

You trust the government? The police is being armed by the Army under homeland defense currently.

Auto's semis or revolvers do not make a difference, people intent on killing will reload. A woman reloaded 3 times when killing her family.

If laws were useful rape statistics would not be so appaulling across the developed world.

Credits
    compare Switzerland and the US.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast