Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bajans look here

Credits

Bajans look here

Hey i heard weeks back sumtin dat was pretty new to me. I dunno if it was true or wa. But i wanna hear it from someone who actually be aroun dere and live dere n ting. I heard that its been big rift between guyanese and bajans fa a long time. Dat dey dont get along. How accurate is dat? It came as a shock to me cuz my grammy bajan and my grandaddy guyanese and dey was merry and happy and neva spoke about dat. So i mean if i was in bim now wit a guyana flag in hand wud i be look down upon? Jus tryna see if da claim is tru cuz i kno sum ppl jus dish out info and alot a times it really ain tru.

Credits
    well i heard de stories bout bajans not liking GT's un look down on dem. Cuz even in SLU dey look down on gt's at times.

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyhamian View Post
    Hey i heard weeks back sumtin dat was pretty new to me. I dunno if it was true or wa. But i wanna hear it from someone who actually be aroun dere and live dere n ting. I heard that its been big rift between guyanese and bajans fa a long time. Dat dey dont get along. How accurate is dat? It came as a shock to me cuz my grammy bajan and my grandaddy guyanese and dey was merry and happy and neva spoke about dat. So i mean if i was in bim now wit a guyana flag in hand wud i be look down upon? Jus tryna see if da claim is tru cuz i kno sum ppl jus dish out info and alot a times it really ain tru.
    Its true.

Experienced it fuh meself. I tell yuh i never felt it suh yet. Even when i deh in between indians down here i dont feel duh tension i feel like wha i feel when i been in BIM.

They dont like us cah the Gyalanese men guh over deh and tek away their jobs (suh they claim) and they Gyalanese women tek away their men. Now dat latter part is pretty stupid if yuh ask me, but yuh didnt suh i gan.

Credits
    I woudl say in general its true.....

but for different reasons.....some women have experiences with being horned by Indo Guyanes men

alot of guys tell me they get unfair because the Guyanese get the job because they are willing to take less pay...and some people dont like Guyanese and just cant give u a reason....

but on the flip side....
    -u see alot of Bajan Guyanese couples...with mix kids
    -u see guys hanging out and half are Bajan and the other half Guyanese and everybody get along
    -and u see school kids all together liming and one Indo Guyanse in the middle

and I smile because it will only change with the children....some older people too old to change

But honestly a decade ago it was de Vincies people didnt like....now de GT take over...
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Credits
    please dont walk round barbados with no guyanese flag cause the police and immigration will stop u wherever u are and ask u questions.

@cassette craig, glad to hear u had a wonderful bajan experience, if i dont like u, then expect my fellowmen to dont like u either.

Credits
    In general bajans and Guyanese get along good together. However in many cases SOME Guyanese have made a bad name for the rest of their countrymen:

We are seeing alot of crime being done by Guyanese (almost every day their is a case in the newspaper). And the crime is being committed against other Guyanese e.g murder, kidnapping, assault etc. I guess people think if you are a guest in another country, you should behave yourself and not try to up the murder rate in the country.

There were some cases of Guyanese requesting penpals and when they were contacted..they just want...want ...want.

There were some Bajan women who were horned by Guyanese women because the Guyanese women (I heard) are willing to do anything.

Some Bajan men were scorned by Guyanese women because when they reach Bim and regularise their status, they finish with the Bajan man and bring in their husbands/boyfriends from Guyana.

The indo-Guyanese, we have heard, don't like Black Guyanese but yet they (indo-Guyanese)want to come and live in Bim which is predominately Black.

Some resentment might be felt because it seems like the whole of Guyana coming to live in Bim and Bim is just a small country.

I personally don't have a problem with Guyanese. I work with them, live around them and go to church with them. I only had one problem with the one that live in front me. The man got his door open, speakers at the door..facing outwards and he like he playing music for the whole district. I told him I have a young baby trying to sleep and he turned it off. I had told him to just lower it though. I only had to talk to him twice about it. We cool now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajan Cherry View Post
    In general bajans and Guyanese get along good together. However in many cases SOME Guyanese have made a bad name for the rest of their countrymen:

We are seeing alot of crime being done by Guyanese (almost every day their is a case in the newspaper). And the crime is being committed against other Guyanese e.g murder, kidnapping, assault etc. I guess people think if you are a guest in another country, you should behave yourself and not try to up the murder rate in the country.

There were some cases of Guyanese requesting penpals and when they were contacted..they just want...want ...want.

There were some Bajan women who were horned by Guyanese women because the Guyanese women (I heard) are willing to do anything.

Some Bajan men were scorned by Guyanese women because when they reach Bim and regularise their status, they finish with the Bajan man and bring in their husbands/boyfriends from Guyana.

The indo-Guyanese, we have heard, don't like Black Guyanese but yet they (indo-Guyanese)want to come and live in Bim which is predominately Black.

Some resentment might be felt because it seems like the whole of Guyana coming to live in Bim and Bim is just a small country.

I personally don't have a problem with Guyanese. I work with them, live around them and go to church with them. I only had one problem with the one that live in front me. The man got his door open, speakers at the door..facing outwards and he like he playing music for the whole district. I told him I have a young baby trying to sleep and he turned it off. I had told him to just lower it though. I only had to talk to him twice about it. We cool now.
    well, it is said that after canada, england and the usa, barbados is the place where most guyanese come and live. tek a stroll down fairchild bus terminal after six, and u will hear the vincies, guyanese, lucians, and jamaicans carryin on like dem home.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Apple View Post
    I woudl say in general its true.....

but for different reasons.....some women have experiences with being horned by Indo Guyanes men

alot of guys tell me they get unfair because the Guyanese get the job because they are willing to take less pay...and some people dont like Guyanese and just cant give u a reason....

but on the flip side....
    -u see alot of Bajan Guyanese couples...with mix kids
    -u see guys hanging out and half are Bajan and the other half Guyanese and everybody get along
    -and u see school kids all together liming and one Indo Guyanse in the middle

and I smile because it will only change with the children....some older people too old to change

But honestly a decade ago it was de Vincies people didnt like....now de GT take over...

Didnt realize it went dat deep. Well hopefully eryone gets along when its all said n done. I tink it happens everywhere in sum form or da other. The reason it happens is beyond me. Same ting happens with bahamians and hatians back in the bahamas.

Credits
    it was on CIN that guyanese women were mad at bajan men because bajan men were trying to sleep with their guyanese husbands

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTTY{HD} View Post
    it was on CIN that guyanese women were mad at bajan men because bajan men were trying to sleep with their guyanese husbands
    When & Where did you see that???
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    cut the shit already.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJANFUHLIFE View Post
    well, it is said that after canada, england, u.s. virgin islands, and the usa, barbados is the place where most guyanese come and live. tek a stroll down fairchild bus terminal after six, and u will hear the vincies, guyanese, lucians, and jamaicans carryin on like dem home.
    God you know how many countries you just listed up there???

I hear ANU giving y'all self proclaimed 'diverse' island sum strong competition.

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJANFUHLIFE View Post
    please dont walk round barbados with no guyanese flag cause the police and immigration will stop u wherever u are and ask u questions.

@cassette craig, glad to hear u had a wonderful bajan experience, if i dont like u, then expect my fellowmen to dont like u either.
    sumting seriously wrang wid you.

hahahahahahahaha yuh know i was gonna come seh sumting like dis but i nah gun seh it, i dun deh down on the bad list hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Nickyan View Post

I hear ANU giving y'all self proclaimed 'diverse' island sum strong competition.
    ANU deh ahead of BIM when it comes to having plenty guyanese people.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyan View Post

well, that is good fuh antigua, but barbados still have the majority of guyanese after those first world countries i listed.

Credits

Cool

*dead*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast