Thread: Bago20 Wha Really Going on here ??

Gladiator

Question Bago20 Wha Really Going on here ??

Bossman like yuh island about to fall to the woman with the iron fist. Yuh need to check the Picture in this article !
    Check link TrinidadExpress

JOINING FORCES: United National Congress Political Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) leader Ashworth Jack on stage at last night's meeting at Gopaul Lands Shopping Complex, Marabella. -Photo: DAVE PERSAD
    :

Gladiator
    Dude this is serious UNC making a push for Tobago Join the Unity train and dont be left out :

The UNC has given way for the TOP to contest the two seats in Tobago. Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, Jack Warner, Dr Roodal Moonilal and Winston “Gypsy” Peters met with TOP leader Ashworth Jack and other key TOP members at the Rovanell Resorts at Store Bay Local Road, Crown Point yesterday. Persad-Bissessar said the UNC would not be putting up any candidates for the Tobago East and West seats. A fiery Persad-Bissessar said the coalition would not take away or attempt to rule, dictate or take over the TOP but was working on an arrangement for the betterment of the people of Tobago that would see both parties maintain their identity and integrity.
    Entire article UNC strikes deal with TOP | The Trinidad Guardian
    Last edited by Gladiator; 04-13-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Spranga
    eff UNC

Gladiator
    ^^ : Dude ah know yuh is a computer whiz..I need that picture from the Express provided in first link posted in here..

Links30
    U know right now Tobago divided, it have the TOP section and the PNM section. Boi leu i really don't know what to say because this right here is a toss up. The way how PNM moving and the way how they treat us Tobagonians a lot of ppl are seeking revenge for what the PNM have been doing to us Tobagonians. A lot of things in Trinidad, from projects, new structures highways are all being built on time, or what ever while projects for Tobago are always lagging. This has been like this since the day i was born, we Tobagonians always receiving second class treatment... So if the UNC is teaming up with TOP, then i do not think PNM will get all the Tobago votes it needs.

Anyway, it is what it is, we go just have to see how things turn out, Knowing most Tobagonians, many of them are born and breed PNM supporters, so if i know any better, many of them from country and where else will come out and vote, but it will be a tuff fight because TOP is very much building support from the people.

By the way, i've been keeping in touch with this elections so much, what are Kamla plans for the country? Does she have a 2020 development vision for the country, what are her views on crime? drug fighting, poverty, water and employment?

I know u have a achieve of videos leu, i just want to know whats her position on these issues.

Credits

IS Ash doing a dance? lol

Anyway in light of your first para Bago20 I know a lot of even staunch PNMs are disgruntled.. but then when election comes around what happens? I know TOP has gained tremendous ground over the past year.. with a very large amount of "young" people being disillusioned by the PNM and their antics.

Ashworth as Chief Sec? uhmm.. I dunno though..
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bago20 View Post
    Anyway, it is what it is, we go just have to see how things turn out, Knowing most Tobagonians, many of them are born and breed PNM supporters, so if i know any better, many of them from country and where else will come out and vote, but it will be a tuff fight because TOP is very much building support from the people.

Well evertime I ask staunch UNC supporters what is her vision and maifesto for the ountry they tell me she would not release one so early to avoid PNM stealing any of UNC ideas.
    Anyway she did a recent interview with the Express, and the reporter did ask her about current PNM projects and what she would do with them ?...
    Last edited by Gladiator; 04-13-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Gladiator
    Renze so yuh going back home to vote ??

Warner said Manning would be given the chance to say why he was calling a general election two years into the term. He also appealed to citizens living abroad to return home to vote
    Last edited by Gladiator; 04-24-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Links30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    Well evertime I ask staunch UNC supporters what is her vision and maifesto for the ountry they tell me she would not release one so early to avoid PNM stealing any of UNC ideas.
    Anyway she did a recent interview with the Express, and the reporter did ask her about current PNM projects and what she would do with them ?...
    [QUOTE]
    You are mounting a platform on the pledge of equality for all. How do you propose to ensure this in a country where the politics are predominantly defined by racial partisanship? In other words, how do you propose to attract the Laventille voter, the Tobago voter, the Westmoorings voter, the St Augustine university voter and retain the Caroni voter?

Let me be clear on this-when I look at the state of our people, I see people, not race and ethnicity, not social and economic classes, and not the geographic boundaries which divide us. We all deserve better.

I have confidence that our people are willing to vote on ability and performance, not solely on race.

The PNM represents the status quo, while we vow to fundamentally change the direction of this country. And I have a record of actually delivering for our people.

I think that contrast will attract many to our cause. It is already happening. That is why I am optimistic about holistic politics.

During the internal elections campaign, all sectors, all parties, all races, all faiths and all genders responded to the message of unity, not to Kamla. The nation is not just ready but is eager for unity.

Unity in diversity, unity to defeat adversity, this will fully manifest itself when we all become fully aware and recognise our interdependence, inter-relatedness and interconnectedness.

The Caroni Bridge will be seen as the bridge that joins, not the one that divides.

I have always been ready... politics is not for the weak of heart. And it is about service. I have always served the people. That’s why they have elected me. Those who represent the status quo, the entrenched interests, those who lack policies, will always try to divide and attack.

I expect those who want to stay the course to attack me. I expect to be attacked by Mr Manning and his PNM cohorts because I am focused on delivering reform for our people. I have entered this arena with my eyes wide open. I know what is ahead and I will do what I have to do.
    There is talk of a ’merger’ between the UNC and COP-what’s the deal here? Can you give some insight on how any accommodation, merger, call it what you will, could or would work? Will you give up leadership for the sake of unity?

Mr Dookeran and I have agreed in principle that we will work together. We have a unity team led by Dr Moonilal... let’s not try to pre-empt the work they are doing.

I am meeting Mr Jack in Tobago this weekend... And let me just reiterate that we will work with everyone to defeat Manning and the PNM.

It is my intention to lead not only a rejuvenated UNC, but an inclusive one. By that, I mean a UNC that vigorously campaigns across every racial or ethnic group in our country and one that seeks the votes and support of all those who are committed to our agenda of change and reform.
    U know, many of the things she's saying is very similar to the things Obama use to say when he was running, bringing everyone together, we work on moral principles etc etc, but at the same time, she's been the political leader of the UNC for only 2 months right? just as the political leaders here in the U.S. we have some kind of idea on the votes, measures they have taken in the past before they ran for the highest office of the land. What were Kalma deeds in the past for the people of TnT? What have she done really? To be honest, i think the rell reason why she's head of the UNC is because ppl were just fed up with Panday and his antics.

Shes talking about working across racial lines which is all good an all, but instead of making promises, ppl such as myself want to hear details of those policies. She saying this n that go work, we go stamp out corruption, how are these things going to be implemented? Is she going to create a board to monitor corruption from certain sectors? and beside fixing the leaking water lines and all these other things such as diversifying the economy in agriculture, today we are living mostly in a high tech world and industrialization, how is she going to boost these sectors? and mostly importantly, what are the plans for TnT for the next 5 years?

I dunno what to really think other than she talk a good game, but if i were to have proof of her previous work then maybe i would be more in tune to what she's saying, but i dunno, man like me like to see evidence.

When the interviewer asked how she can win the minds of people from Laventille, Tobago etc etc, she talking about working pass racial lines and so forth, but what she have to understand is that these ppl from Laventille and Tobago are not simply going to vote and say yea, ah voting for u because u saying we should work together, but what they really want to hear is what she plans to do about having these ppl in these areas and communities be able to obtain higher education, employment, learned a skill and trade, i not hearing any of that, just promises.

Besides, if and when will PNM ever have a woman run for the top spot? Now that would be really nice to see at least.

Gladiator
    I think the Game plan is for her to explain her vision and answer the questions of the PNMites when she tours their constituencies during her campaign. When she campaigns in Tobago and other PNM stronghold she would tell them what ahe plans to deliver to them, maybe to her it would add more momentum to say it in fron the people..I dunno I am trying to guess her strategy
    I think the PNM Game plan is to remind the people that she was part of Panday cabinet and try to convince the people that she will be no different from Panday..we shall see but everyone knows it may be a close election
    Last edited by Gladiator; 04-13-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Links30
    I think the Game plan is for her to explain her vision and answer the questions of the PNMites when she tours their constituencies during her campaign. When she campaigns in Tobago and other PNM stronghold she would tell them what ahe plans to deliver to them, maybe to her it would add more momentum to say it in fron the people..I dunno I am trying to guess her strategy
    I think the PNM Game plan is to remind the people that she was part of Panday cabinet and try to convince the people that she will be no different from Panday..we shall see but everyone knows it may be a close election
    Exactly, when Panday was going on with he self, especially tiefing ppl money, having hidden off shore bank accounts, where was Kamla then? why she didn't talk up about the corruption then, why now she want to focus on what eva corruption that is going on in PNM? corruption is corruption and if she's such a strong advocate on fighting corruption, she would have done the same towards Panday as well so we go see. In Tobago she better make a good case because de ppl ent chupid.

Plus with this talk of same sex marriage being legal in TnT that i believe she wants to endorse, she done go lose the Tobago vote right there because we doe believe in that so when they asking she questions, i hope the bring up this particular question because i must know if there is any truth to it.

Anyway, i wish her the best still, besides all the non-sense ppl want to say bout Manning, u also have to remember the good things that came out of it as well in regards to improving TnT infrastructure, these things cannot be done over night, it will take time yes, and i also agree that the corruption have to stop. I believe when ppl are in power for a good amount of time, they become side track and start to get out of touch with the ppl and that would be the PNM down fall. This party has been around since meh grandparents and it is a shame what it has become today. ahh, the good ole days of NAR, the UNC never wanted to form any alliance, they wanted to destroy NAR, n they are very much doing the same thing to PNM.

Listen, this UNC and COP thing trust me, if dey ent get dey way, they going to jump ship from COP just like they did with NAR and run dem under de bus. Just watch.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bago20 View Post

Plus with this talk of same sex marriage being legal in TnT that i believe she wants to endorse, she done go lose the Tobago vote right there because we doe believe in that so when they asking she questions, i hope the bring up this particular question because i must know if there is any truth to it.

What talk with same sex marriage ?.(I would expect better from you).I only see VP post that in here and yet to give a source for his info !...and if i think about what happened back in the day too much, then i will lose hope for the future of T&T politics...Since you against Corruption so much I see why you could understand why I cannot vote PNM back in office..
    Last edited by Gladiator; 04-13-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Credits
    Working across racial lines? Wah dat mean? What racial lines?

Gladiator
    Bago you think these question are valid questions below ?

How much de both Summit cost de government. And what came out of it, de third Summit coming soon.

How much de PM resident cost.

How much de Brian Lara stadium costing. I am sure it costing more than de Piarco airport.

How much they pay for the flag, 2 million. .. please...

Ask de residence about the high house taxes they going and get hit with.

Who pay out the millions Brian Manning owed.

Lets not forget the Udecott situation, worst in the history of T&T.

T&T is currently in the top 10 most corrupted in the world.
    Where de 150 SUV from de Summit gone. And de police eh have no car.

Links30
    Bago you think these question are valid questions below ?

How much de both Summit cost de government. And what came out of it, de third Summit coming soon.

How much de PM resident cost.

How much de Brian Lara stadium costing. I am sure it costing more than de Piarco airport.

How much they pay for the flag, 2 million. .. please...

Ask de residence about the high house taxes they going and get hit with.

Who pay out the millions Brian Manning owed.

Lets not forget the Udecott situation, worst in the history of T&T.

T&T is currently in the top 10 most corrupted in the world.
    Where de 150 SUV from de Summit gone. And de police eh have no car.
    boi i ent know nah, PNM goneeeeeeeee thru.

But the summit thing i can understand, i mean u have world wide press and u sure need to make a positive statement when hosting these things. The summit i not too up in arms about because it is what will bring business opportunities to the shores of TnT.

As for the Udecott situation, i would agree that it is a total mess. The flag thing was a big joke, that money could have been spent in other areas, the 150 SUV was more of a rental deal so they were returned back to the dealerships, and as for the police car i think they have ordered a couple of brand new highway patrol cars, and finally the tax situation, i really do not agree with it as much, especially the land tax they wanted to hit ppl with, much less take away ppl land, now that is just wrong to the core when ppl have land in de family name for decades. All the spending on big name projects is not a bad thing if u have the money to do it, but in order to have these projects go threw, the government then has to tax the day lights outta the ppl, that so much i am not pleased with.