Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Car Accident In Trinidad ....

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits
    after my dad had a near fatal accident on the Solomon Hochoy Highway near Claxton Bay while coming home from a work event. He swerved out of his lane southboud into the ditch and onto the northbound lane, wrapped around a light pole and down the hillside, because he fell asleep on the wheel...from that day I swore that I would always put on my seatbealt...

when I was back home...I would not travel in any taxi that did not have working seatbelts...I got lots of words about it..but I treasure this little life that I have...and people..seatbelts do save lives...that's why my dad is here today...of course he had seatbelt burns across his chest for weeks...but he's still here..

Credits
    ...my bro-in-law works at Mt. Hope and he told us that one of the guys who work the morgue took him to see the bodies, he said most of them were in parts, missing limbs etc...it was a grisly sight, he said that was the worst he had ever seen since working there....

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ################reegal View Post
    i wounder if thats the accident with about 5 teenagers that died. one of the car had 2 sisters but let me check...
    there was video of it on youtube, seeing two of the girls' bodies on the ground (covered)

m
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PhuCk Yu MoN View Post
    I believe I found the story.....

Five lives were lost in two road accidents yesterday-three in the vicinity of Oropune Gardens at Piarco, and two at Cross Crossing in San Fernando.
    In one of the most horrific road accidents for the year, 18-year old Tia Thomas, 18-year old Khadija Jackson, and 14/15-year old Timoi lost their lives.
    Their friends 18-year old Geeta Daniel, 19-year old Nathaniel Dinzey, and 20-year old Jason Gittens all sustained life-threatening injuries.
    Eye-witness reports indicate that the driver of the green Toyota-Tercel in which the six friends were travelling, in the west-bound lane of the Churchill Roosevelt Highway, attempted to over-take two other vehicles.
    However, he lost control of the car, hit the median, flipped and flew 15-feet into the air, landing on another vehicle in the east-bound lane, and hitting yet another car injuring the driver of that vehicle.
    Mark Sadowski said he stopped his car as he saw the tercel spin out of control, and only saw "bodies flying out of the window" before the car crashed to the ground.
    The impact of yesterday's accident severed the head and arm of one of the deceased, while another's head was half-mangled. Pieces of human flesh and brain matter, were strewn across the roadway.
    Sadowski said a call was made to the Emergency Health Services 30-seconds after the time of the accident at 4.40 p.m., and an ambulance was on the scene within five minutes.
    A close friend of the deceased girls, Eleanor Bissoon said they were on their way to meet her in Diego Martin, as they had dinner reservations to celebrate Geeta Daniel's 18th birthday today. With tears in her eyes, Bissoon said she received a call from someone on Geeta's phone, informing her of the accident, and headed straight to the scene.
    At Cross Crossing, San Fernando, two brothers died when the car in which they were travelling hit a bridge and ended up in the Cipero River.
    Killed in this crash were Bryan Stanley Cadogan 33, driver of the car, and his brother Anselm 26, both of Bryans Gate, Phillipine, San Fernando.
    The brothers were travelling in a Ford Focus car in a northerly direction on the San Fernando By Pass around 3.30 am yesterday when Stanley lost control of the car. Both brothers were thrown out of the car and died on the spot after the impact.
    Anselm's body was found in the Cipero River while his brother's body was found on the bank of the river.
    The Express learnt that the brothers were returning from a function at the Edge, Paria Suite, La Romaine. Both men are employed as wireline technicians with Tucker Pumping Services of Cross Crossing, San Fernando.
    The way they described this scencario...gruesome.

Credits
    not surprised that all the pics were not posted

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
    not surprised that all the pics were not posted
    what pics? yuh ha more yuh want to come and share??

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    what pics? yuh ha more yuh want to come and share??
    i would never post those pics here

sharkie
    boo hoo.

Credits
    Jinjer yuh disappoint mih (not that you should care) with yuh insinuations here...that pics were posted in one situation and not in another. PYM ent even Trini, and from what I recall, wasn't even a part of the disagreement over the posting of pics with the Stacy Wilson situation.

For the record, I won't mind seeing more pics of this accident...anybody got links, pass them along.

Credits
    Oh well.... if you guys want the pics... I'll send em/post em... w/e.....

J
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    Jinjer yuh disappoint mih (not that you should care) with yuh insinuations here...that pics were posted in one situation and not in another. PYM ent even Trini, and from what I recall, wasn't even a part of the disagreement over the posting of pics with the Stacy Wilson situation.

For the record, I won't mind seeing more pics of this accident...anybody got links, pass them along.
    check yuh mail

sharkie

technically she is. she say she mudda and fadda from tnt.

Credits
    You can actually play the schenario in your head. You are in a car going at a moderate speed of 60mph. The car hits an object and comes to almost a dead stop...what do you think will happen to the objects (read humans) in the car. Commonsense and a little physics tells me that the momentum of the objects (humans) continues forward at the original speed of 60mph until something brings it to a stop. The windshield is not strong enough to the objects (bodies) crashes through the glass which cuts at the soft human tissue as it passes through. What's left of the objects (human remains) is strewn all over the roadway. The other schenario is that the objects (humans) were buckled in and therefore came to a jolting stop with the rest of the car. Some damage may result but nothing compared to the schenario. WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS FOLKS!! IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE!!

Credits

sweetheart, contrary to popular belief my statement had nothing to do with trini vs vincy. I've already deleted those pics and even if i had them you were not getting them

Credits
    sweetheart, contrary to popular belief my statement had nothing to do with trini vs vincy. I've already deleted those pics and even if i had them you were not getting them
    Oh...okay Why yuh say yuh wasn't surprised then?

Lady J...thanks babes.

Well after looking at the pic, the one thing that struck me was the compassion shown by the by-standers. Many of them appeared to be aiding the victims (before rescue workers arrived it seems) and thankfully some had the sense to cover a couple of the bodies. I still saw a stray arm here, a head there...but all in all its the type of carnage one would expect I guess.

Still people want to be 'fashionable' and not wear their seatbelts...for the life of me I don't understand why the jackasses at the Ministry of Transportation don't make some move to make mandatory seatbelt use the law.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast