Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby buried alive

Credits

Unhappy Baby buried alive

Afraid of what her mother might do, a 14-year-old girl delivered her baby alone in a neighbour's outdoor bathroom and buried the child two feet deep in a forest grave.

But her brother followed a trail of blood and dug up the baby in time to save his life. The baby is listed in serious but stable condition at the San Fernando General Hospital, where the mother is also being cared for.

The boy was named Judah Praise by Princes Town District Hospital nurses, who told police that the baby's survival was miraculous.

The incident happened just after noon on Friday at Monkey Town Village, New Grant, where the teenaged mother, Chuann Monsegue, lives in a one-room house with two of her sisters.

Her mother lives in a shack nearby.

Chuann told the Sunday Express that she was "crazy and confused" at the time of the delivery and took the baby into the forest "because I get scared and I didn't know what to do". She said she hid the pregnancy from her mother and 12 brothers and sisters "because I know she woulda get mad with me".

A 63-year-old man from the village is suspected to have fathered the child, and he is now the subject of a criminal investigation.

The girl dropped out of junior secondary school in January, according to her mother, Cynthia Monsegue, "because she had no shoes to wear and I couldn't help her".

Cynthia Monsegue is unemployed and her common-law husband is a CEPEP worker.

Chuann thanked her brother yesterday for saving her baby, but had not been allowed to see her child up to late yesterday.

Sheldon Monsegue, 32, said it was God's intervention that led him to the baby boy.

He recounted that on Friday afternoon he had been liming and decided to go home to get something to eat.

"When I reach close to home, I hear a baby cry, so I stand up and listen. I see Chuann coming out the bathroom holding the baby by the head. She pulled back when she see me."

Sheldon said he ran to tell his mother that Chuann "make baby", but the time it took for him to get back, "she had enough time to hide".

He said relatives began searching the nearby bushes, calling out to the girl but got no answer. Sheldon said about 200 feet from the house, near a river, he found the afterbirth.

"I run back to call the EHS, and one of my sisters found Chuann and bring her out the bush. When the EHS come, they ask her for the baby. She said she had a miscarriage."

Sheldon said the paramedic decided to follow a trail of blood into the bushes to investigate.

"I walked with them. We crossed a river. We walk about 300 feet, when the EHS man put up he hands and give up the search," Sheldon said.

Sheldon said he picked up a blood trail again and continued on.

"I asked, 'Lord, show me where this child is,' and then I hear the baby. He (the baby) was covered under some manure dirt, bamboo leaves and burn-up branches on him. I dig him out," he said.

Sheldon said the paramedic took the baby.

"We ran fast because his (the baby's) skin was turning white. They give him a bath and oxygen," he added.

The baby was found about half an hour after being born, and it is believed he survived because the loose soil and leaves used to bury him allowed sufficient air to reach him.

The baby was in an incubator at hospital yesterday.

Chuann said she was "sorry for what I do" and wanted to care for her baby.

"I want to be a mother," she said.

Homicide officers and detectives are investigating the incident.

Credits
    Wow That Is So Sad She Shouldnt Get To Raise Her Child .

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyshandy
    Wow That Is So Sad She Shouldnt Get To Raise Her Child .

very true, but I think she should be helped out as well... She's still considered a child, and the man that fathered the child should be in question because that is considered rape... But Lord I'm glad to hear the child is ok and well. Blessings.

Credits

Angry

i hope she doesnt get that child back. the baby would've stifen , or froze or starved to death

Blu
    Credits
    Yes she is a child herself and her actions after giving birth to the child shows how incapable, irresponsible, untrustworthy and not emotionally mature/ready she is to take care of a child.
    Don't mind that she said she is sorry for what she did and wants to be a mother. It would be an absolute mistake to give her back that child.
    Last edited by Blu; 07-10-2005 at 01:59 AM.

Credits

she doh wah that child

i dont think that she should get de baby back because she had she chance to take care of de baby and she gave it up. she put other people thoughts (mother) in front of her own and tried to kill de child. she had half hour tuh make she decision and she made de wrong one.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencia
    i hope she doesnt get that child back. the baby would've stifen , or froze or starved to death
    obviously that girl has been through traumatc experiene herself, its only obvious..More than likely she was raped. Im not saying she's right for what she did. but look at her side, her feelings..etc..

Credits
    That's what you call a miracle baby ....

Credits
    This whole story is saddening and sickening at the same time. That old ass man that possibly got her preganant needs to be chemically castrated! Damn bastard!

Toppa_Toppa
    Oh gosh, I just glad dey save the child oui. Cause I geh scared when ah saw the preview tuh the thread. Buh dah mother was in a real mess boy. Her whole family life sounding frig up. She drop outta school cause she didn't have any shoes? Her mother living in ah shack dung de road? Waaaaaay!

Buh wha if it was post-patum stress that drove her to do that?

Credits
    She said she hid the pregnancy from her mother and 12 brothers and sisters "because I know she woulda get mad with me".

Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits
    i agree wit toppa, isnt that a possibilty that could've caused her to do that??

sharkie
    so you tellin me nobody see dis chile had a swell belly fuh nine months?? 12 brothers and sisters??? she look like she goin down the same path, unfortunately and if a 63 year old man been raping her since she was 13 (at least) dat is even wuss. somebody need to go and make some kinda intervention.

and why de ass dey hadda name de boy JUDAH PRAISE???? lawd

Credits
    Poor baby...both the baby just born and the baby who bore the child. I hope the baby recovers quickly and is somehow found a suitable home.

As for the girl, it is just too sad. A 63 yr old man has been raping her and nothing is being done. From her statements, she is still very young, very immature and still does not fully understand the seriousness of the situation. The girl needs help and that man need to be jailed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    so you tellin me nobody see dis chile had a swell belly fuh nine months?? 12 brothers and sisters??? she look like she goin down the same path, unfortunately and if a 63 year old man been raping her since she was 13 (at least) dat is even wuss. somebody need to go and make some kinda intervention.

and why de ass dey hadda name de boy JUDAH PRAISE???? lawd
    There is a mere population of pregnant females, who can hide pregnancy or are a lot smaller than average, so it would mostly look like the person just put on some weight. (I know this first hand)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast