Thread: Awww sh!t!: Noriega to return to Panama after release in September

Credits

Awww sh!t!: Noriega to return to Panama after release in September

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_024200204.html

even though he faces crimes and sentence in panama, man may get pardoned by the current president or his godson (shrugs)
    humph

Noriega Hopes To Head Back To Panama After Release
    Click Here For More On This Story
    (CBS4) MIAMI Just a day after the announcement of his September release from prison, former dictator Manuel Antonio Noriega said he hoped to immediately board a plane for Panama when he is released on Sept. 9, and he plans to fight his conviction back home in the slayings of two political opponents, his attorney said.

Noriega's eight-year rule over Panama ended after the United States invaded Panama on Dec. 20, 1989, to force him from power. He is being held in the Federal Correctional Institution in Miami on drug trafficking and money laundering charges.

Noriega was sentenced to a 30-year term for protecting Colombian cocaine shipments through Panama in the 1980s, but received deductions in his punishment for good behavior. Noriega's release in 2007 was first scheduled more than three years ago.

The exact date, Sept. 9, was posted on the U.S. Bureau of Prisons Web site more than a year ago.

"I'd say that is a firm date," Noriega's attorney Frank Rubino said Tuesday.

Noriega, 70, had parole hearings in 2002 and 2004 to try to cut short his 30-year sentence. He was not recommended for parole either time.

Rubino said his client plans to waive any deportation hearings and try to board a plane back to Panama the day he is released from prison.

"He wants to go back to Panama and he wants to enjoy his grandchildren in quiet retirement," Rubino said.

Many in Panama said they doubted Noriega would return.

"I'm sure he will choose another country," said retired Gen. Ruben Dario Paredes, who headed Panama's military from 1981 to 1983. "In Panama, unlike in the U.S., he will find much worse conditions."

Rogelio Cruz, who was Panama's attorney general from 1989 to 1994, also said he wasn't convinced of Noriega's plans.

"This return is up in the air. We'll have to see it to believe it," Cruz said.

But CBS4's Ileana Varela spoke to some experts, who shed some light as to why Noriega would still want to go back to Panama.

Noriega has received two 20-year sentences in Panama for the 1985 decapitation of dissident leader Hugo Spadafora and the 1989 slaying of Maj. Moises Giroldi, who tried to overthrow him. Rubino said Noriega will fight the murder charges.

"When he goes back to Panama, that case will be able to be reopened. Then he'll be able to adequately defend himself on that case," Rubino said.
    Last edited by Canalero; 04-07-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Credits
    He probably got a STASH hidden away......

....... that could be used to PAY HIS WAY

Credits
    he'll go down there and be living great. Unfortunately our country is a haven for people invloved in cocaine business.

Credits
    ...he may very well be guilty, but I was never happy nor satisfied with the manner in which he was arrested...and the reasons. Not like they didn't fully know of his activities before they raided a sovereign country to sieze him...he simply had outlived his usefulness to the Bush I regime at that point.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    ...he may very well be guilty, but I was never happy nor satisfied with the manner in which he was arrested...and the reasons. Not like they didn't fully know of his activities before they raided a sovereign country to sieze him...he simply had outlived his usefulness to the Bush I regime at that point.
    Its simply amazing how the US is able to do such things
    Imagine A foreign nation(s) trying trying seize Bush....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Overall there is much good about this country...but this sort of "might makes right" arrogance is precisely the thing that has fomented so much hate for the US around the world, and this is precisely the sort of thing that the American people need to keep their leaders in check about.

Pipe dream though.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    MudderfuKKKers tried to use the SAME SCRIPT in Iraq.........

........and EVERYTHANG WENT WRONG!!!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...541715,00.html
    Last edited by marabunta; 04-08-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by marabunta View Post
    MudderfuKKKers tried to use the SAME SCRIPT in Iraq.........

........and EVERYTHANG WENT WRONG!!!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...541715,00.html
    yea Iraq come back and bite them yes

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    Interesting
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells