Thread: Audio Books

Credits

Audio Books

Do any of you listen to books? Can you please tell me what that is like? I can't really seem to wrap my mind around the concept...

Does it come with something you can read along to...or do you just hear some person tell the story?

Credits
    I listened to Wendy Williams book on audio, and I like that fact that she was reading the book herself and I did not read along because I was working and listening.

~Q~
    Credits
    The audio books I know of do not have any read-along materials. It's like somebody telling you a story.
    They are handy to listen to on car or train trips, especially if you get motion sickness from reading in a moving vehicle.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ILanDFnTsY
    Do any of you listen to books? Can you please tell me what that is like? I can't really seem to wrap my mind around the concept...

Does it come with something you can read along to...or do you just hear some person tell the story?
    They just tell a story, and the funny parts come when they start doing other ppls voices....

Credits

I read most of the Lord Of The Rings on my 25 hour drive cross country from DC to Colorado and its just narration along with music and a=sound effects. It was interesting at times... but sometimes I just did not think the music or the character voices fitted the character from the book. But I was probably spoiled after watching the movie.

Credits

No, it's just either audiotapes or cds. The publisher hires someone to read the book verbatim from cover to cover. It's pretty good idea like if you do a roadtrip (use to do that when I live in the Midwest and the radio stations sucked as you drive from town to town).

sebas4920
    its good for the car.. i prefer reading though

LSK
    Credits
    I've never done it.... I dunno... I find the whole idea kinda lazy...