Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention Imixers I NEED YOUR HELP, so pass tru':

Credits
    Empress check out this site for all the organizations based in Jamaica and America.

http://www.jamaicans.com/helpjamaica/index.shtml

Credits
    i forgot we had a website up,

anyways www.mtindustrycivicassociation.org

if u need to get in actual contact let me know ok

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Cute
    I'm a member of the AHS (Anglican High School) Grenada past pupils association..
    The Grenada branch of 4-H (although I think other countries have their own extension)...

My mom is a member of the St. Roses.......... alumi.. (past pupils association).. That's Guyanese.. they just had and AMAZING 40 year aniverssary... dem ol ppl know how to boogie.. and yuh shoulda hear the stories! (off topic)

My sister is a member of the St. Georges Grenada St Josephs Convent past pupils association....

*I think that's it*

Just cute get me some info please, numbers and address... I want to organize a spread sheet by country! And since you have a Grenadian and Guyanese connection this is helpful!

likleancute- blessings on de info... I'm going to check that link as well as some info about your organization so we can do some linkage programs...

Sencia- thanks babes, you work with them? Yea I need actual contact!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress

likleancute- blessings on de info... I'm going to check that link as well as some info about your organization so we can do some linkage programs...

Kool beans....

Ok here is a lol something something on my organization and the programs we provide.

BACKGROUNDER

HISTORY

In 1987, various members of the Black Community formed the Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention Steering Committee to oversee a project to generate awareness of and educate the community on HIV transmission and prevention. The project quickly grew to include both a full-time project manager and a part-time support and outreach worker. In 1991, the ever-evolving project transformed to a burgeoning charitable organization.

WHO WE ARE

The Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention (Black-CAP) is a volunteer-driven, charitable, non-profit, community-based organization. We work in partnership with organizations and individuals who support, in principle or in practice, our mission, philosophy and activities.

OUR MISSION

To reduce the spread of HIV infection in the Black Communities
    To enhance the quality of life of black people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS

OUR PHILOSOPHY
    We believe in a holistic approach to AIDS education, prevention and support.
    We recognize AIDS as a manageable chronic disease.
    We acknowledge the presence and impact of racism, sexism, heterosexism, homophobia, classism and other forms of discrimination on our lives as Black people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
    We exist with and for the diverse Black Communities because all Black peoplesí lives are important.

DEPARTMENTS

Education:
    We provide presentations and workshops for youth, men, women and service providers using the aid of videos, brochures and HIV/AIDS positive guest speakers. We also offer HIV/AIDS education and sensitivity training to community members in churches, clinic, community centers, hospitals and schools.

Men2Gether (M2G) Program
    We deliver HIV/AIDS outreach to black men in the gay community and the general comminty by distributing information and referral services in bathhouses, nightclubs, parks and barbershops.

Volunteer
    We conduct recruitment campaigns with community members ranging in age and experience. Volunteers complete a comprehensive HIV/AIDS training program, participate in community outreach events and sit on committees.

Support
    We provide counseling, advocacy, financial assistance and social events to people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS such as partners, close friends and family members. In addition, clients have access to services and resources in our drop-in centre. We also make referrals for legal, immigration, and health services.

Outreach
    Our Outreach Program focuses on women, in particular, youth 14-24 years old who represent the one of the fastest rising groups for HIV transmission. The Outreach Coordinator holds workshops on self-image,Raising sexually healthy children( for parents) health and HIV/AIDS prevention and education.

ACTIVITIES
    Community workshops and outreach
    Emotional support and practical assistance to people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
    Resource distribution
    Training workshops or community professionals and volunteers
    Consultations
    National and international development

Caribana Outreach
    Every August, Black CAP conducts an awareness campaign during the annual Caribana Festival. Black-CAP staff and volunteers distribute condoms and resource materials during various festival events.

PHA Retreat
    The PHA Retreat provides a relaxed and supportive get away for service users to meet with peers and attend educational workshops.

Ceremony of Life
    People living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs) friends, family and partners gather to light a candle and share stories in remembrance of loved ones who have passed on and celebrate life. The ceremony serves as a channel for healing and community.

Oh we also have a new program YOGA & Kwanzaa for youths.

Credits

Let me know what you need

on Seasame Flyers I could give my fathers information as he was one of the fonfing members and was President for a couple of years

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks
    on Seasame Flyers I could give my fathers information as he was one of the fonfing members and was President for a couple of years

I would love to talk to your dad as well as current members of the mas camp!

Licklencute: I love the bio info, very helpful... can you please give me the contact info to the director of the program. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12