Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention: All Black people must leave the Store Now

Credits

Attention: All Black people must leave the Store Now

: Rogue employees are the best....

Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says - Yahoo! Finance

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.

A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township, in southern New Jersey, and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

Shoppers in the store at the time said a manager quickly got on the public-address system and apologized for the remark. And while it was unclear whether a rogue patron or an employee was responsible for the comment, many customers expressed their anger to store management.

"I want to know why such statements are being made, because it flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said Sheila Ellington, who was in the store at the time with a friend. "If this was meant to be a prank, there's only one person laughing, and it's not either one of us."

Ellington, of Monroe, and her friend Patricia Covington said they plan to boycott the retailer until they're assured the issue has been addressed so it doesn't happen again.

The pair said they were stunned when they heard the announcement and initially believed they had misheard it. But once the words sank in, they grew angry.

"I depended on Walmart for all my needs, because the store has pretty much everything you could want," Covington said. "But until this issue is addressed in a way I'm comfortable with, I can't walk through those doors again."

Officials with Wal-Mart Stores Inc., based in Bentonville, Ark., said that the announcement was "unacceptable" and that they're trying to determine who made it and how it happened.

"We are just as appalled by this incident as our customers," the company said in a statement. "Whoever did this is just wrong and acted in an inappropriate manner. Clearly, this is completely unacceptable to us and to our customers."

This is not the first time the retailer has faced such problems.

There have been several past instances of black customers claiming they were treated unfairly at Walmart stores, and the company faced lawsuits alleging that women were passed over in favor of men for pay raises and promotions.

In February 2009, the retailer paid $17.5 million to settle a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in its hiring of truck drivers.

And the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued the company in May 2009, claiming some Hispanic employees at a Sam's Club subsidiary in California were subjected to a hostile work environment. That suit alleges managers failed to stop repeated verbal harassment, including the use of derogatory words, against employees of Mexican descent.

However, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has said the company has worked hard in recent years to show it cares about diversity.

Bill Mitchell, a former Walmart employee who was shopping Wednesday at the store, said that he was saddened to hear about the announcement but that "as a black man, I've heard worse things."

As customer Sharon Osbourne, of Williamstown, left the store Wednesday, she called the announcement "appalling, stupid and sad."

T-MAKAA
    Lol.. I was laffing at this, this morning.

Credits
    Bastards! Racist cunts!

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I bet you it was a former employee who just got fired or quit and has a history of bad blood with the management. So in his last ditch effort at getting back at his former employer he pisses off the public in the name of Wal Mart.

Just a theory
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    lol..
    would be funny if there was a riot in the store

Credits
    I dont understand how you ppl find this funny. Prank or not its not cool. Kids are in the store they dont know the difference. Plus if you say it that means subconciously you are thinking about it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahpikne View Post
    I dont understand how you ppl find this funny. Prank or not its not cool. Kids are in the store they dont know the difference. Plus if you say it that means subconciously you are thinking about it.
    I know what you are getting at but i don't blame Walmart b/c I'm sure what went down was what Shandy eluded to. it was meant to hurt/harm Walmart... but don't act like you or someone you know felt wronged by their employer and wanted to get back at them in a bad way. Hmmm.. thoughts for a new thread.

Credits
    so a crude joke means what?

CocoErotika
    *sighs*

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I know what you are getting at but i don't blame Walmart b/c I'm sure what went down was what Shandy eluded to. it was meant to hurt/harm Walmart... but don't act like you or someone you know felt wronged by their employer and wanted to get back at them in a bad way. Hmmm.. thoughts for a new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    so a crude joke means what?
    If that was reverse and some when said get out the store white ppl. It wouldn't even be the same reaction. They'd have FBI up in there investigating. For as we know the ex-employee knows the store is racist so he made those comments. You can't under-estimating ppl.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post
    *sighs*
    I like that button in your Avi

Credits
    If that was reverse and some when said get out the store white ppl. It wouldn't even be the same reaction. They'd have FBI up in there investigating. For as we know the ex-employee knows the store is racist so he made those comments. You can't under-estimating ppl.
    so what if is racist? did he physically harm anybody.. kids learn from a young age that some people just dont like you

Credits
    Dude.. look at the people Walmart is hiring... c'mon.. its WALMART... Minimum wage... I don't expect any better. As an adult, I can brush it off. Yes..I hate the fact the kids have to hear it but they don't know if they hiring Klan members, radical muslim extremist or some new wave blackpanthers. Honestly.. if it were the other way around, they would probably sweep it under the rug...you wouldnt see any FBI in there at all. Remember.... WE are the overly sensitive ones.. not white people.

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Dude.. look at the people Walmart is hiring... c'mon.. its WALMART... Minimum wage... I don't expect any better. As an adult, I can brush it off. Yes..I hate the fact the kids have to hear it but they don't know if they hiring Klan members, radical muslim extremist or some new wave blackpanthers. Honestly.. if it were the other way around, they would probably sweep it under the rug...you wouldnt see any FBI in there at all. Remember.... WE are the overly sensitive ones.. not white people.

wow....SMH. just leave the African American topics alone. and dont use WE when it's convenient.

Credits
    Could be one ah dem National Guard CracKKKerZ practicing over the PA System.....

.......for his deployment into Black Communities AFTER OBAMA MOVES AWAY FROM THE SCENE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast