Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TO Attempts Suicide...

Credits

TO Attempts Suicide...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15021827/

Cowboys' Owens attempted suicide, police say
    Controversial star admitted overdosing on pain pills to rescue workers

DALLAS - Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend “that he was depressed.” Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, “noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth,” the police report said.

The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he’d taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he’d emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers “if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, ‘Yes.”’

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

Owens is recovering from a broken right hand he hurt a week ago Sunday. He had an operation the next day to have a plate screwed in, enabling the bone to heal without being further injured. Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

The Cowboys were off this past weekend and Owens was back at practice Tuesday, although he worked out on his own. Parcells said Owens’ hand was improving and he was expected back on the practice field Wednesday. Owens chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room Tuesday afternoon and seemed fine.

Owens, one of the league’s top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill — who mostly deals with troubled players — said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn’t have a history of those kinds of problems. Slide show

Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Monday, but did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

Owens’ publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

Credits
    okay now this morning I heard that he had an allergic reaction to the medication that was given to him. I wonder if I need a job in public relations

Credits
    Whoa. That was my shocking news of the day. I guess all the constant media pressure is starting to take its toll.

Credits
    The Dallas Cowboys is having a conference call at 2:30 pm...I have to hear more about this before I jump the gun...T.O. does not seem like the type to attempt suicide but you never know...

Credits
    i hope is not true. i like him too bad yes

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by direct_effect View Post
    Whoa. That was my shocking news of the day. I guess all the constant media pressure is starting to take its toll.

What ever! Allyou doh realized that TO is just jockeying for an eventual P/R firm he will be starting upon his retirement.

The greatest trick the devil pulled, was making us believe he ent exist.
    Those who want to see you fail are the fuel to your success!
    - Conscious

www.lavepunch.com

Credits
    wow. hope he's ok. if its true, goes to show you never know how someone is really feeling underneath it all.

if its not true, he bettah stop fackin around b4 i have to kick him off my fantasy football team.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soca junkie View Post
    wow. hope he's ok. if its true, goes to show you never know how someone is really feeling underneath it all.

if its not true, he bettah stop fackin around b4 i have to kick him off my fantasy football team.
    come in sportstalk

Credits

Tell em why you mad son

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bygmyke33 View Post
    Tell em why you mad son
    i'm SAYIN!! my team doin good this year!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    What ever! Allyou doh realized that TO is just jockeying for an eventual P/R firm he will be starting upon his retirement.

The greatest trick the devil pulled, was making us believe he ent exist.
    so u feel this is some sort of publicity stunt??? but wouldn't that be a detriment to his career since people feel yuh weak if yuh make an attempt?? as a man in a manly sport, the tide may turn against any sympathy for him...

SharkBait
    steups
    big stupidy man

Credits
    Who is your team again??

I am the New York Hitmen....

Credits
    what u know bout football?

salty

*switches owens w/ mcnabb on her fantasy team*

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cOcKbAcKnRoLL View Post
    so u feel this is some sort of publicity stunt??? but wouldn't that be a detriment to his career since people feel yuh weak if yuh make an attempt?? as a man in a manly sport, the tide may turn against any sympathy for him...
    agree

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast