Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The assistant principal of IS 238 who contracted the swine flu, died Sunday.

Credits

The assistant principal of IS 238 who contracted the swine flu, died Sunday.

Eyewitness News Team

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mitch Weiner, the assistant principal of IS 238 who contracted the swine flu, died Sunday.

Wiener, who had been hospitalized and on a ventilator, had been sick with the virus for nearly a week before his school was closed on Thursday. Complications besides the virus likely played a part in the 55-year-old's death, Flushing Hospital Medical Center spokesman Andrew Rubin said.

Weiner's death is the first in New York City linked to swine flu virus and the sixth nationwide.

Wiener was hired as a substitute teacher in March 1978, then as a mathematics teacher, working in that position until 2007. Since then, Wiener had been employed as an assistant principal at I.S. 238, also known as the Susan B. Anthony Intermediate School, in the Hollis neighborhood.

Credits
    May he rest in peace. Did anyone else from the school get it?
    Sometimes being a Bitc* is the only thing a woman has to hold onto

Credits
    oh no that's sad... R.I.P
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugosa_Reina View Post
    May he rest in peace. Did anyone else from the school get it?
    yeh a couple students...

Credits

CANCEL the LABOR DAY PARADE until this Pandemic is under control in New York Shitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    Eyewitness News Team

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mitch Weiner, the assistant principal of IS 238 who contracted the swine flu, died Sunday.

Wiener, who had been hospitalized and on a ventilator, had been sick with the virus for nearly a week before his school was closed on Thursday. Complications besides the virus likely played a part in the 55-year-old's death, Flushing Hospital Medical Center spokesman Andrew Rubin said.

Weiner's death is the first in New York City linked to swine flu virus and the sixth nationwide.

Wiener was hired as a substitute teacher in March 1978, then as a mathematics teacher, working in that position until 2007. Since then, Wiener had been employed as an assistant principal at I.S. 238, also known as the Susan B. Anthony Intermediate School, in the Hollis neighborhood.
    These type of Public Gatherings are Vectors for the Spread of Diseases!

Credits
    Oh shit.. may he RIP.. I have to take my sister to the doctor.. She goes

to that school.. ah frighten

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by marabunta View Post
    These type of Public Gatherings are Vectors for the Spread of Diseases!
    So by your logic we shouldn't go to work, school, college/university, dates, movies etc...etc...etc...

We should just sit in our homes and cower.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

ank
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy 2.0 View Post
    So by your logic we shouldn't go to work, school, college/university, dates, movies etc...etc...etc...

We should just sit in our homes and cower.

yes.. town was quite , it was still 10pm though ..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ank View Post
    yes.. town was quite , it was still 10pm though ..
    People in NYC are still running around and living life. This is the first death in NYC due to Swine Flu, everyone who caught it has recovered or are on the road to recovery. I can't speak for the other places but from what I read, so far those who died had some kind of issues in addition to the swine flu rather than just the flu itself.

Anyway, I do what I need to do to protect myself.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

ank
    Credits
    People in NYC are still running around and living life. This is the first death in NYC due to Swine Flu, everyone who caught it has recovered or are on the road to recovery. I can't speak for the other places but from what I read, so far those who died had some kind of issues in addition to the swine flu rather than just the flu itself.

Anyway, I do what I need to do to protect myself.
    all school were closed .
    just be careful .. wash your hands

Credits
    Anyone notice anything questionable here?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/ny...r=1&ref=health

At Flushing Hospital Sunday night, Mary S. Meguerditchian, 60, whose husband has been recovering from a stroke on the same floor as Mr. Wiener, said the family had seemed optimistic about Mr. Wiener’s chances on Saturday. But on Sunday Ms. Wiener had told her that a “special vaccination” had been administered to Mr. Wiener, “but it didn’t work,” Ms. Meguerditchian said.
    What the heck is a "special vaccination"? Hoping they meant antiviral drugs since you can't vaccinate for something after you get it. Otherwise sounds like they used the man as a guinea pig.

Anyway, my 1 yr old and myself have both weathered the swine flu in the last two weeks and we're both fine...completely recovered. We're told by the doc that the likelihood of the other members of the household coming down with it is less because they received the nasal mist version of the seasonal flu vaccine...seems that the mist while not a vaccine for H1N1 offers some protection. The mist can't be given to babies nor breastfeeding mothers.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Anyone notice anything questionable here?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/ny...r=1&ref=health

What the heck is a "special vaccination"? Hoping they meant antiviral drugs since you can't vaccinate for something after you get it. Otherwise sounds like they used the man as a guinea pig.

Anyway, my 1 yr old and myself have both weathered the swine flu in the last two weeks and we're both fine...completely recovered. We're told by the doc that the likelihood of the other members of the household coming down with it is less because they received the nasal mist version of the seasonal flu vaccine...seems that the mist while not a vaccine for H1N1 offers some protection. The mist can't be given to babies nor breastfeeding mothers.
    I'm glad you and your 1 yr old are fine.

"Special vaccination" my butt! I wouldn't take any anti-viral drugs, if other people can work it out so can I.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    I'm glad you and your 1 yr old are fine.

"Special vaccination" my butt! I wouldn't take any anti-viral drugs, if other people can work it out so can I.
    Thanks

Exactly. Keep your immune system as strong as possible and if you do get sick give it an extra, natural boost w/ probiotics, vitamins and stay away from sugar and white flour. If her fever didn't break when it did I was going to call La Leche for a donor..White Gold does better than any of their stupid drugs.

Oh and I just saw on another forum that he WAS an experiment. Have to wonder if he'd have been ok if they'd just left him alone w/ rest and fluids.

Hemo-Modulator uses UV beams to treat flu victim
    Hemo-Modulator uses UV beams to treat flu victim

By Brendan Brosh & Rich Schapiro
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 4:00 AM
    Related News
    Articles

* Devoted dad is 'heart and soul of that school'
    * Swine flu victim shows signs of improvement, says family
    * Too slow to act on warning, sez teacher
    * Wife of swine flu victim 'outraged' at city

Mitchell Wiener is being treated with an experimental device designed to stimulate a flu victim's immune system using ultraviolet beams, relatives said Saturday.

Called a Hemo-Modulator, the washing machine-sized device exposes infected blood to a precise amount of ultraviolet rays, rendering the pathogens inactive.

The treated blood - now acting as a vaccine - is then reinserted into the victim, triggering the immune system.

"We're trying to treat his blood with some light and trying to stimulate his immune system," said Tom Petrie, of Energex Systems, a New Jersey-based firm that created the technology. "We did some experiments with H1N1 and had some success."

Petrie said Wiener, 55, has undergone the 30-minute treatment twice so far at Flushing Hospital - Friday night and again Saturday.

Wiener's condition has improved slightly, Petrie said.

Read more: Hemo-Modulator uses UV beams to treat flu victim
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Some resorts in Mexico are offering a deal....

If you stay with them and happen to get the flu (and can prove it), they'll give you your next 3 vacations free!
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by n00ner View Post
    Some resorts in Mexico are offering a deal....

If you stay with them and happen to get the flu (and can prove it), they'll give you your next 3 vacations free!
    I'd like to see how many are going to bite this bait! LOL

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast