Thread: ******* ASSASSIN ::: Infilitration *********

*~*~*~Mami Bear~*~*~* ~GuYanITTiAN EmPreS~'s Avatar ~GuYanITTiAN EmPreS~ is offline
    Credits

Exclamation ******* ASSASSIN ::: Infilitration *********

~Assassin~

He is still young, but his style, talent and lyrical prowess are far advanced for his age. Deejay Assassin, known to his family as Jeffrey Campbell, chose his stage name after coming out on top in several deejay clashes among his friends, while attending high school.
    However, the positive thinking youngster who is under the guidance of the Penthouse label, is serious about putting his musical career on higher ground. Its no mere coincidence that Penthouse was responsible for the success of a number of reggae and dancehall stalwarts over the past decade. Cutty Ranks, Marcia Griffiths, Tony Rebel, Wayne Wonder and Buju Banton are among the those listed.
    A former student of the Camperdown High School, Assassin successfully completed 6th form prior to embarking on his musical endeavours. His talent not only lies within his vocal style, but also in his songwriting capabilities. He has written songs for artistes in the Red Square Crew, including fellow deejay and mentor, Spragga Benz.
    “I write songs that deal with societal issues that plague families and communities across Jamaica”, he said. He also added, “I really want to make a meaningful contribution to music and eventually help myself and my family of 4 brothers and 5 sisters. That is one of the main reasons why I strive so hard to do well at whatever I do. I look at what is happening in the society and interpret that in my songs to the listeners”.

An intelligent and positive youngster (something which is rare among deejays in the dancehalls), Assassin is making sure that he has a sound education to work as a backup if his musical career doesn’t work out. He majored in History and Sociology while in High school. A degree in Business Management is something he feels will help him in his ambitious entertainment endeavors.
    “I want to move up the social ladder and take my family with me”, he said. He hopes to make a name for himself, a quest which looks all set to come to fore. Already he has recorded songs for the likes of the Penthouse label, Natural Bridge Records, the First Name label among others. His better known songs to date include “Make Money” (on the First Name label’s Full Moon rhythm); “Dedicated to the World” (with Sugar Slick for the Natural Bridge label’s “rice and peas” rhythm)’ “Pon di Ends” (Penthouse); “How We Roll”; “Friend and Company”; “Oh Damn It”; “How Fi Get it”; “You Young”; “Won’t” and “Gi Wi Dem” (with Red Square on the Ward 21 “trilogy” rhythm).

Among his musical influences are Buju Banton, Luciano, Spragga Benz and Bounty Killer. He is especially appreciative of Spragga, whom he highlights for the brotherly advice that he has given him from time to time.

Assassin has been busy doing the promotional rounds. Appearances at local nightclubs and stage shows, have been warmly received by appreciative crowds.
    “The thing to do is to try and find some kind of motivation and believe in yourself and your talent. There will always be elements that will challenge that, but as long as you know you are doing the right thing, you will make it”, he said with confidence.

Source: VPRecords

*~*~*~Mami Bear~*~*~* ~GuYanITTiAN EmPreS~'s Avatar ~GuYanITTiAN EmPreS~ is offline
    Credits

Talking ********* My Cd Review *********

:::::::::: INFILTRATION ::::::::::::

This is a wicked CD for dancehall lovers and people who love Assassin as a DJ to begin with. It opens with his recent hit "As A Man" bang to da bang bang bang and gives the listener a few Assassin favourites "Idiot Thing", then "Don`t Like You", "Girls Gone Wild", and "Step Pon Dem".. while introducing some hot tracks like "Dem" a nice rockin hip hop infulenced dancehall riddim that dancers will love and the chune it`s self will raise f*ck-you signs across the globe with it`s anti-hater/hypocrite message! The track "Let Me Know" featuring Syleena Johnson it`s a cute sexy, flirtatious tune that was inserted in the record for Assasins female fans I`m sure . "Hot" talks to the hotgirls across the world on a sexy riddim, makin dem know their hotness is root of jealousy across the world and that the men love dem and their hotness. "Wandering Mind" is on a military sounding riddim nice sound where Assassin vocally expressess the social issues plaguing his young artistic mind. "Youths Well Cold" is a classic reggae sound with a message about the direction of the youth.

Over all the CD is a good contribution to dancehall 2005, Assasin does his thing and it turned into a nice record. My only bone of contention really is that their should have been more tacks, I will be copping the Japanese IMPORT as it supposedly has 5 additional tracks (2 extra 3 bonus)... as Japanese versions of all releases by law always contain more tracks.

I also wanted to say that I read the Thank-you`s and Assasin`s is the most articulate thank-you that includes everyone, and shows REAL sincerity & gratitude. Honestly of any genre of music I think Assasin`s has been the best thank-you and little glimpse into the kind of guy he probably is.

Large Up Assasin!
    Last edited by ~GuYanITTiAN EmPreS~; 10-07-2005 at 05:42 PM.

LGN
    Credits
    Assassins Album is Big. I got it but i didnt go as far as getting the Japanese Copy. Too extra

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlian Defoe
    Assassins Album is Big. I got it but i didnt go as far as getting the Japanese Copy. Too extra
    Japan has a by-law that says basically that foreign CD`s released there need to have extra material ... that`s why I want it because usually you get 2-5 extra tracks. Also due to labels trying to impress the technologically inclined nation... they usually put some kinna DVD or something too .. so I want that if it`s there yes.

Credits
    Large up to assassin and he new album i have posted this thing in me siggy but no one notice props to the youngster
    ☆ JUICY ☆

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~GuYanITTiAN EmPreS~
    :::::::::: INFILTRATION ::::::::::::

This is a wicked CD for dancehall lovers and people who love Assassin as a DJ to begin with. It opens with his recent hit "As A Man" bang to da bang bang bang and gives the listener a few Assassin favourites "Idiot Thing", then "Don`t Like You", "Girls Gone Wild", and "Step Pon Dem".. while introducing some hot tracks like "Dem" a nice rockin hip hop infulenced dancehall riddim that dancers will love and the chune it`s self will raise f*ck-you signs across the globe with it`s anti-hater/hypocrite message! The track "Let Me Know" featuring Syleena Johnson it`s a cute sexy, flirtatious tune that was inserted in the record for Assasins female fans I`m sure . "Hot" talks to the hotgirls across the world on a sexy riddim, makin dem know their hotness is root of jealousy across the world and that the men love dem and their hotness. "Wandering Mind" is on a military sounding riddim nice sound where Assassin vocally expressess the social issues plaguing his young artistic mind. "Youths Well Cold" is a classic reggae sound with a message about the direction of the youth.

Over all the CD is a good contribution to dancehall 2005, Assasin does his thing and it turned into a nice record. My only bone of contention really is that their should have been more tacks, I will be copping the Japanese IMPORT as it supposedly has 5 additional tracks (2 extra 3 bonus)... as Japanese versions of all releases by law always contain more tracks.

I also wanted to say that I read the Thank-you`s and Assasin`s is the most articulate thank-you that includes everyone, and shows REAL sincerity & gratitude. Honestly of any genre of music I think Assasin`s has been the best thank-you and little glimpse into the kind of guy he probably is.

Large Up Assasin!
    I just love dis man

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vincypeaches
    Large up to assassin and he new album i have posted this thing in me siggy but no one notice props to the youngster

. .

do yourself a favour and keep my man
    and his cd`s out your signature. Thanks

LGN
    Credits

. .

But Wait? doesnt say KartelzMrs under your user name

Credits

. .

me na want um just find him cute
    ☆ JUICY ☆

Credits

that is whey ah sayin
    ☆ JUICY ☆

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vincypeaches
    that is whey ah sayin
    ^^ ^^ you really can`t take a joke ee? LOL

KartelzMrz yes ... but from mi si Assassin... Kartel haffi get bun str8 HOTNESS im deh pon