Thread: asafa powell

Credits

Credits
    ASA POWELL has some sort of MENTAL PROBLEM.

I knew he was going to CHOKE, just like he always did.

Dude has no INJURY, he is JUST FAKING it, because he is a KNOWN QUITTER when he sees that is not going to WIN.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post

Dude has no INJURY, he is JUST FAKING it, because he is a KNOWN QUITTER when he sees that is not going to WIN.

my people was sayen de same ting when we watched de race..

ank
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post

why did he do that stuff on the big event , what for ?

Credits
    There are some people who excel with pressure - the greats in their field, e.g. Tiger Woods, Usain Bolt, Michael Jordan.

Then there are some who choke under pressure.

Guess which one Asafa is?

It's a mental problem. Until he learns to RELAX and have fun in the big meets, and not too worry too much about his performance, and not to strain TOO MUCH, he will NEVER get a world gold

Credits
    He has a mental problem but I don't think he was faking it because he was injured during the Jamaican trials and had to fly to Miami for an injection just before the 100m race

Credits
    I believe that he is really hurt. He reinjured himself at the jamaica trials. Instead of running at the olympics he should have given up his spot to the fourth place finisher. Since he didnt do that and decised to take the line anyways then he deserves all the bashing he is getting. Dont step on the line if you aint ready!

Taj
    Credits
    is best he bow out of the relays and not jeopardize the team in the quest to hope they still squeeze through and win a medal despite his injury.

SN both Asafa and Venus need to find a sports psychologist
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper91 View Post
    He has a mental problem but I don't think he was faking it because he was injured during the Jamaican trials and had to fly to Miami for an injection just before the 100m race
    i dont know... Asafa Powell - London 2012

Powell said that, unlike most sprinters, he raced best when he was "relaxed and smiling all the way" and admitted that the mere presence of Olympic champion Bolt or American Tyson Gay in a race affected his performance.

"When you are out there with Usain or Tyson Gay, or any of those other guys who are running sub 9.90, you know that it's going to be close and you know it's not going to be an easy race and you have to pull out all your stops to win," he said.

"It takes a lot more focus, you have to remain a lot more relaxed and calm to win that race. It's pretty much the names, when you are out there with the bigger names, you feel a lot more pressure."

LGN
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    I believe that he is really hurt. He reinjured himself at the jamaica trials. Instead of running at the olympics he should have given up his spot to the fourth place finisher. Since he didnt do that and decised to take the line anyways then he deserves all the bashing he is getting. Dont step on the line if you aint ready!
    Went after the 1/4 at Jamaica Nationals went and got an injection in Miami and few back to Jamaica for the 1/2 final and final. He was that keen to make the team. Left Jamaica went to a doctor in Toronto to sort the problem out. Same doctor Walter Dix is seeing at the moment if you remember he was injured at trials and decided to still try and make the US team. He was REALLY injured this time. That semi at the Olympic was him pretty much trying to save himself. Do as little as he can to get through to the final then push it and the result: Injury.

Should've had surgery in 2010 but £££££££££££. Remember him and SAFP are the £ pullers in MVP

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LGN View Post
    Went after the 1/4 at Jamaica Nationals went and got an injection in Miami and few back to Jamaica for the 1/2 final and final. He was that keen to make the team. Left Jamaica went to a doctor in Toronto to sort the problem out. Same doctor Walter Dix is seeing at the moment if you remember he was injured at trials and decided to still try and make the US team. He was REALLY injured this time. That semi at the Olympic was him pretty much trying to save himself. Do as little as he can to get through to the final then push it and the result: Injury.

Should've had surgery in 2010 but £££££££££££. Remember him and SAFP are the £ pullers in MVP
    smh, de man dancing up more than them

LGN
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Biz View Post
    smh, de man dancing up more than them

Saw that. Infact I was there the next day. Wish they came the next day!

Just because he's dancing doesn't mean anything. You can have a grade 3 hamstring or groin pull and still be walking around at work. He clearly would've ran the relay like he did in Beijing and Berlin if he wasn't injured. You forget he missed a whole championships last year and didn't even run the 100m.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LGN View Post

I agree. He had the same nagging injury for yeara. They should have treated it along time ago and done. Him and tyson gay got management problems.....we atleast tyson is almost fixed