Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: asafa powell

  1. #1
    Registered User Tha Biz is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    rack city
    Posts
    1,790
    Credits
    1,575,969

  2. #2
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    89,615
    Credits
    46,994,995
    ASA POWELL has some sort of MENTAL PROBLEM.

    I knew he was going to CHOKE, just like he always did.

    Dude has no INJURY, he is JUST FAKING it, because he is a KNOWN QUITTER when he sees that is not going to WIN.

    YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

  3. #3
    Registered User Tha Biz is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    rack city
    Posts
    1,790
    Credits
    1,575,969
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    ASA POWELL has some sort of MENTAL PROBLEM.

    I knew he was going to CHOKE, just like he always did.

    Dude has no INJURY, he is JUST FAKING it, because he is a KNOWN QUITTER when he sees that is not going to WIN.

    YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    my people was sayen de same ting when we watched de race..

  4. #4
    ank
    Registered User ank's Avatar ank is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    29,826
    Credits
    6,273,420
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    ASA POWELL has some sort of MENTAL PROBLEM.

    I knew he was going to CHOKE, just like he always did.

    Dude has no INJURY, he is JUST FAKING it, because he is a KNOWN QUITTER when he sees that is not going to WIN.

    YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    why did he do that stuff on the big event , what for ?

  5. #5
    Registered User antiguad is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Antigua
    Posts
    1,152
    Credits
    42,073,171
    There are some people who excel with pressure - the greats in their field, e.g. Tiger Woods, Usain Bolt, Michael Jordan.

    Then there are some who choke under pressure.

    Guess which one Asafa is?

    It's a mental problem. Until he learns to RELAX and have fun in the big meets, and not too worry too much about his performance, and not to strain TOO MUCH, he will NEVER get a world gold

  6. #6
    Registered User Moqueca is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    277
    Credits
    2,517,688
    He has a mental problem but I don't think he was faking it because he was injured during the Jamaican trials and had to fly to Miami for an injection just before the 100m race

  7. #7
    Registered User Ras_Apache is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    bk
    Posts
    12,337
    Credits
    3,662,356
    I believe that he is really hurt. He reinjured himself at the jamaica trials. Instead of running at the olympics he should have given up his spot to the fourth place finisher. Since he didnt do that and decised to take the line anyways then he deserves all the bashing he is getting. Dont step on the line if you aint ready!

  8. #8
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994
    is best he bow out of the relays and not jeopardize the team in the quest to hope they still squeeze through and win a medal despite his injury.


    SN both Asafa and Venus need to find a sports psychologist
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

  9. #9
    Registered User Tha Biz is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    rack city
    Posts
    1,790
    Credits
    1,575,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper91 View Post
    He has a mental problem but I don't think he was faking it because he was injured during the Jamaican trials and had to fly to Miami for an injection just before the 100m race
    i dont know... Asafa Powell - London 2012

    Powell said that, unlike most sprinters, he raced best when he was "relaxed and smiling all the way" and admitted that the mere presence of Olympic champion Bolt or American Tyson Gay in a race affected his performance.

    "When you are out there with Usain or Tyson Gay, or any of those other guys who are running sub 9.90, you know that it's going to be close and you know it's not going to be an easy race and you have to pull out all your stops to win," he said.

    "It takes a lot more focus, you have to remain a lot more relaxed and calm to win that race. It's pretty much the names, when you are out there with the bigger names, you feel a lot more pressure."

  10. #10
    LGN
    Registered User LGN's Avatar LGN is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South-East, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,481
    Credits
    830,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    I believe that he is really hurt. He reinjured himself at the jamaica trials. Instead of running at the olympics he should have given up his spot to the fourth place finisher. Since he didnt do that and decised to take the line anyways then he deserves all the bashing he is getting. Dont step on the line if you aint ready!
    Went after the 1/4 at Jamaica Nationals went and got an injection in Miami and few back to Jamaica for the 1/2 final and final. He was that keen to make the team. Left Jamaica went to a doctor in Toronto to sort the problem out. Same doctor Walter Dix is seeing at the moment if you remember he was injured at trials and decided to still try and make the US team. He was REALLY injured this time. That semi at the Olympic was him pretty much trying to save himself. Do as little as he can to get through to the final then push it and the result: Injury.

    Should've had surgery in 2010 but £££££££££££. Remember him and SAFP are the £ pullers in MVP

  11. #11
    Registered User Tha Biz is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    rack city
    Posts
    1,790
    Credits
    1,575,969
    Quote Originally Posted by LGN View Post
    Went after the 1/4 at Jamaica Nationals went and got an injection in Miami and few back to Jamaica for the 1/2 final and final. He was that keen to make the team. Left Jamaica went to a doctor in Toronto to sort the problem out. Same doctor Walter Dix is seeing at the moment if you remember he was injured at trials and decided to still try and make the US team. He was REALLY injured this time. That semi at the Olympic was him pretty much trying to save himself. Do as little as he can to get through to the final then push it and the result: Injury.

    Should've had surgery in 2010 but £££££££££££. Remember him and SAFP are the £ pullers in MVP
    smh, de man dancing up more than them


  12. #12
    LGN
    Registered User LGN's Avatar LGN is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South-East, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,481
    Credits
    830,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Biz View Post
    smh, de man dancing up more than them

    Saw that. Infact I was there the next day. Wish they came the next day!

    Just because he's dancing doesn't mean anything. You can have a grade 3 hamstring or groin pull and still be walking around at work. He clearly would've ran the relay like he did in Beijing and Berlin if he wasn't injured. You forget he missed a whole championships last year and didn't even run the 100m.

  13. #13
    Registered User Ras_Apache is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    bk
    Posts
    12,337
    Credits
    3,662,356
    Quote Originally Posted by LGN View Post
    Went after the 1/4 at Jamaica Nationals went and got an injection in Miami and few back to Jamaica for the 1/2 final and final. He was that keen to make the team. Left Jamaica went to a doctor in Toronto to sort the problem out. Same doctor Walter Dix is seeing at the moment if you remember he was injured at trials and decided to still try and make the US team. He was REALLY injured this time. That semi at the Olympic was him pretty much trying to save himself. Do as little as he can to get through to the final then push it and the result: Injury.

    Should've had surgery in 2010 but £££££££££££. Remember him and SAFP are the £ pullers in MVP
    I agree. He had the same nagging injury for yeara. They should have treated it along time ago and done. Him and tyson gay got management problems.....we atleast tyson is almost fixed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •