up at advertised events..............no more excuses
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    up at advertised events..............no more excuses
    hell yea what event did this happen to now.

Credits

Its 50/50..promoters are to be blamed also. They use artiste's to promote their fete (creating flyers and radio ads) then they do not fulfill their agreement in the end. What I did notice is when this happens...artiste's will send communications via - FB, MySpace, Twitter saying they will not attend and the reason why...great

On another note if the artiste is there and did not show up to perform, then they take full blame

Credits
    like WETFETE

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzie Chic View Post

Its 50/50..promoters are to be blamed also. They use artiste's to promote their fete (creating flyers and radio ads) then they do not fulfill their agreement in the end. What I did notice is when this happens...artiste's will send communications via - FB, MySpace, Twitter saying they will not attend and the reason why...great

On another note if the artiste is there and did not show up to perform, then they take full blame

this exactly what i was thinking.....in this info age where u can update EVERYTHING from your cell phone in seconds............they should ALL be connected online and be able to communicate with their fans

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    While I'm not saying all artistes are not to blame. Most times it's the promoters who does do shit. I have nuff artistes who are friends that get called for gigs by promoters up here. They are to get half their fee upon signing of the contract and the rest before they go on stage.

Promoters does call and book and artiste, the artiste or management doesn't hear anything else, next thing yuh see dey name on flyer. Not a contract sign and no fee in their hands yet. That is pure bullshit. These artistes need to start taking legal action against some of these promoters.

Then to there are artistes that just don't show up for gigs, but that as well is usually due to the promoter not holding up his end of the contract. The general public does just make assumptions based on what they see, most of u don't know what really goes on behind the scenes.

Credits
    they all need to have official websites (updated) with all there CONFIRMED gigs..........are things that hectic that they or dey posse doh be knowing when they names being advertised on flyers and websites.........or they be playing blind.......

LR Advertising LLC

T-MAKAA
    this exactly what i was thinking.....in this info age where u can update EVERYTHING from your cell phone in seconds............they should ALL be connected online and be able to communicate with their fans
    At what point though? If "negotiations" fall thru and this famous artist cannot show up at an event..what good is it if you are notified a day or two before, knowing that tickets were mostly like bought way in advance.

Dem artists jsut have bad management..dey does like to see dey face on flyer...whether they showing up or not

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    At what point though? If "negotiations" fall thru and this famous artist cannot show up at an event..what good is it if you are notified a day or two before, knowing that tickets were mostly like bought way in advance.

Dem artists jsut have bad management..dey does like to see dey face on flyer...whether they showing up or not
    if there isnt a final contract there should not be any advertisement for that artist at the promoter event........this nonesense been going on way too long and often

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    if there isnt a final contract there should not be any advertisement for that artist at the promoter event........this nonesense been going on way too long and often
    i agree 100%
    St.Kitts Jam Crew Productions

like the fan page search for St.kitts Jam Crew Productions

or hit up on twitter @JAM_CREW

or email : st.kittsjamcrew@gmail.com

or soundcloud search for Jam Crew

Credits
    Stop supporting the promoters if you dont like the quality of the promotion. Fairly simple if you ask me..

Credits
    Funny thing cause something like this happened this past weekend at the Base with Krosfyah. They were there but the promoter wanted them to come down in price apparently and they wouldnt budge.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Funny thing cause something like this happened this past weekend at the Base with Krosfyah. They were there but the promoter wanted them to come down in price apparently and they wouldnt budge.
    lol...before the show, yeh mon we go pay ya $15,000 to come perform...

at the show, hear nah, tings kinda slow and ting, how bout we give you $1500 instead?