Thread: Article: "Why I Hate Blacks"

Credits

Article: "Why I Hate Blacks"

Link to actual article

Newspaper apologizes after San Francisco column sparks condemnation.
    The Associated Press
    SAN FRANCISCO -- An editor of a weekly newspaper calling itself "The Voice of Asian America" apologized and suspended a columnist after Asian-American and city leaders condemned an opinion piece titled "Why I Hate Blacks."

In the piece, which appeared in the Feb. 23 edition of San Francisco-based AsianWeek, contributor Kenneth Eng lists reasons why he supports discrimination against blacks -- including because "they are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years."

Leaders at the Asian American Justice Center, Chinese for Affirmative Action, Coalition for Asian Pacific Americans and other groups are circulating a petition denouncing the column as "irresponsible journalism, blatantly racist, replete with stereotypes, and deeply hurtful to African Americans."

Ted Fang, AsianWeek's editor-at-large, called the decision to publish Eng's piece a "mistake" and held a news conference with NAACP leaders in San Francisco on Wednesday to discuss how the Asian and black communities "can be different and yet get along and work together."

Fang said he suspended Eng from writing for the paper.

"The newspaper is sorry that this got published, and I am personally sorry that this got published," Fang told The Associated Press. "The views in that opinion piece do not in any way reflect the views of AsianWeek."

The paper, with a circulation of 48,505, plans to review its policies to "understand how this happened and make sure it doesn't happen again," he added.

Fang's family publishes AsianWeek, along with a local newspaper called the Independent, and owned the San Francisco Examiner between 2000 and 2004.

The petition being circulated by Asian-American groups calls on AsianWeek to cut ties with Eng, issue an apology, print an editorial refuting the column, and fire or demote the editors who published it.

"It certainly does not speak for the vast majority of Asian Americans," Stewart Kwoh, who heads the Asian Pacific American Legal Center in Los Angeles, said Tuesday. "This kind of inflammatory (column) really can hurt and damage relations with the broader African-American community."

Kenneth Eng, who has described himself as an "Asian Supremacist," has written several columns for AsianWeek since November, including pieces titled "Proof That Whites Inherently Hate Us" and "Why I Hate Asians."

Eng is in his early 20s and a graduate of New York University, according to a biography on a Web site promoting his science fiction writing.

A telephone listing for Eng could not immediately be located.

Mayor Gavin Newsom said in a statement that the column had "no place in a city that is known around the world for civil rights and equality for all people. I am deeply concerned, both for the opinions expressed in the column and the fact that these opinions were published in a local newspaper."

Supervisor Sophie Maxwell, one of the city's top black officials, has co-sponsored a city resolution condemning the article and AsianWeek's decision to publish it. But she doesn't believe Eng's column will hurt relations between blacks and Asians in San Francisco.

"This man clearly is very ignorant of African-American history and his own history, and he's very angry," said Maxwell, who represents a district with large black and Asian populations.

renegade
    Other Articles from eng.

http://news.asianweek.com/news/view_...b3a2d448603596

http://news.asianweek.com/news/view_...ategory_id=172

Sounds like your typical race obsessed idiot, they all sound the same the only thing that changes is their ethnicity.

Toppa_Toppa
    So where's the actual article that he wrote?

Got it.

Credits

Thumbs up

Everyone Go Out And Slap A Jap, Its Ok.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    this idiot

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    Other Articles from eng.

http://news.asianweek.com/news/view_...b3a2d448603596

http://news.asianweek.com/news/view_...ategory_id=172

Sounds like your typical race obsessed idiot, they all sound the same the only thing that changes is their ethnicity.
    just read those articles. so i guess he's the resident racist asshole at the newspaper. what i'd love to know is why they keep publishing his drivel...

Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    you need Jesus.

renegade
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hershey View Post
    just read those articles. so i guess he's the resident racist asshole at the newspaper. what i'd love to know is why they keep publishing his drivel...

you need Jesus.
    I actually dont think opinion pieces of this sort should be banned, short of incitement they dont do any harm as long as people take them for what they are.

PTM
    Credits
    Read the first article, couldn't be bothered with the second. Eng is just an asshole and a shit disturber.

I wonder if he realizes how much he is benefiting from the struggles of the Civil Rights Movement.

Credits
    I feel he have point...Let the Man Peach!!!
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits

hmmm...............!

The article is funny yet disturbing read. Mr. Eng seems to be reflecting his experiences with [B]black Americans[B] and highlighting [B]his[B] negative interaction with them. If he wants to hate people on his own time it is his choice! I have noticed that some people seem to have this unrealistic urge to have others accept them. The fact is that in this life not everyone gets along or is tolerant! No matter the fallout or ouutcry from Mr. Eng's article his mind is made up!