Thread: Arresses?!?!

Unhappy Arresses?!?!

Martin takes a page from Hazel’s dictionary

It seems National Security Minister Martin Joseph has taken a page out of his colleague, Local Government Minister Hazel Manning’s dictionary.

Speaking as he was pressed by reporters on issues of crime at yesterday’s post-cabinet media briefing, Joseph passionately misused the word “arrests” by saying, “arresses.”

Media personnel, who discounted the pronunciation and word usage as a slip-up, were stunned when Joseph repeated “arresses” two times after his initial mistake.

It was ironic that his cabinet colleague Hazel Manning was present at the same press-briefing after her use of the word “breakfases” a few years ago. (KJ)
    The Trinidad Guardian -Online Edition Ver 2.0
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

oh gosh.......de media have to mak it sound so bad.....even doh it is.....ah bet he feel he was saying it correctly

hahahah dey hah dem polititcian under rell therapy till dey tawking some good shit....lol. EVIDENTLY it wasnt a mistake ahahahh HE clearly thinks its a word.....hahahahah Shame...and dem running we country.

dem din read Republic Readers man...lol

Dread ah weak cuz I picturing this man talking real proper with his arresses

"Ladies and gentlemen my ministry is working very hard to secure as many arresses as we can within in the next couple of weeks"
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

...and in some parts of Baltimore the plural of
    breast is breastesses.
    Think For Yourself

oh dear!

Here is the Express' coverage of it...them too making a big deal about it. I notice the bastards didn't post mih comment doh...maybe dey ent like what ah had to tell them lol. Mine woulda been the first comment this morning.

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business

Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    Here is the Express' coverage of it...them too making a big deal about it. I notice the bastards didn't post mih comment doh...maybe dey ent like what ah had to tell them lol. Mine woulda been the first comment this morning.

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business

They does never post my comments, so I tell them haul dey ass...they didn't post that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlocks View Post
    ...and in some parts of Baltimore the plural of
    breast is breastesses.
    That is used to describe very large breasts

Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    They does never post my comments, so I tell them haul dey ass...they didn't post that either.
    ......Chinks u well on a roll today eh....lol

Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post

and he said it twice.....

that's some shit you make fun of behind somebody's back....but to blast it on big media that's just funny as hell!
    "If they were appreciated for their personality in the first place, she would not have been told to get extensions or weave when she started out as a reporter. This whole thing would not have been an issue to begin with if these women were appreciated for what was in their heads and on on top it." - Hello BKLYN

Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    Wasn't Hazel Manning the Education Minister at one point? I may be mistaken.

Also it was Dookeran? or some past Min. of Edu. that said PARA-DIG-UM for paradigm in cabinet a time????