Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74

Thread: Around which year Hip Hop went off the cliff?

  1. #16
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    So if Hip Hop fell off a clif why then are some of the sellingest artists rappers? (Lil Wayne)?

  2. #17
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    So if Hip Hop fell off a clif why then are some of the sellingest artists rappers? (Lil Wayne)?
    That's not real Hip-hop.

    Plus, what the media categorizes as "hip-hop" does not sell. Lil Wayne's counterparts don't sell albums.


    Shit doesn't sell at all.

  3. #18
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    That's not real Hip-hop.

    Plus, what the media categorizes as "hip-hop" does not sell. Lil Wayne's counterparts don't sell albums.


    Shit doesn't sell at all.
    Is it classified in the hip hop genre? Then its hip hop. This is the same issue you have with dancehall... music evolves and you guys just doh evolve with it. Which is fine if its not in your own personal tastes... but then doh hate all over the music when the music is having record sales.

  4. #19
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Steups


    I forget these people don't know what Hip-hop is.

  5. #20
    THE BATTLE FOR EVERYTHING soca cowboy is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Ranch
    Posts
    2,370
    Credits
    1,041,667
    current Dancehall = Jamaican Techno

    not that it's a bad thing most of the time, but call it like it is instead of something you know it as or would like it to be
    When nothing is owed or deserved or expected
    And your life doesn’t change by the man that’s elected
    If you’re loved by someone, you’re never rejected
    Decide what to be and go be it

  6. #21
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Mystery View Post
    For me it would have to be 2005, after that year Hip Hop just started to sound shitty and it just lost its edge.

    This was around the time 50 released his second album and sang more than rap

    and songs like Laffy taffy, Lean with it rock with it, and Young Joc song was hype (The south really f Hip Hop up).
    Why are you repping trinidad but come here and pick up american f*ckery beef between whose hip hop is good and whose is crap?

    This whole CLICHE bellyaching and B*TCHING about "hip hop is dead" and "hip hop from 19-when is the last good hip hop was made" is looking like what people say to show off that they are in on some SECRET unknown to the rest of millions listening to the music who bought the cd's and made the folks popular.

    People went through a phase where they got a little tired of gangster sh*t and wanted to laugh and party and get horny. So songs about that became popular.

    I am so TIRED of seeing people moan and groan all over the net about this! shut UP already if hip hop is dead then it deserved to die. Survival of the fittest.

    Look at all these artists making money and probly the same people b*tching bout the songs listening to the songs and buying the cd's.

    And this scorn of the south is foolishness. If not for the south there would be a whole period of time when BLACK women who are not built like white women were not seen in these music videos. Since the new yorkers are obsessed with getting access to the puerto rican looking chicks.

    cut the foolishness it's annoying already.

  7. #22
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    Is it classified in the hip hop genre? Then its hip hop. This is the same issue you have with dancehall... music evolves and you guys just doh evolve with it. Which is fine if its not in your own personal tastes... but then doh hate all over the music when the music is having record sales.
    Exactly. If i could reach through my computer an BOX sense into these COMPLAINERS nuff people would be walking around with a Brownilus-sized palm print pan dem face! CHO!

    *okay taking a deep breath now...is years i been tired of this*

  8. #23
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,206
    Credits
    101,493,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    Why are you repping trinidad but come here and pick up american f*ckery beef between whose hip hop is good and whose is crap?

    .
    So because I from Tnt. I cah talk about Hip Hop, I eh know dat Hip Hop wuz only fuh Amerikans. I doh know bout u but I grow up listening to Hip Hop and I saw the gradual decline so RIDE U SHOT!! South Hip Hop is still shit wit dem fat girls in dey video.

  9. #24
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    Why are you repping trinidad but come here and pick up american f*ckery beef between whose hip hop is good and whose is crap?

    This whole CLICHE bellyaching and B*TCHING about "hip hop is dead" and "hip hop from 19-when is the last good hip hop was made" is looking like what people say to show off that they are in on some SECRET unknown to the rest of millions listening to the music who bought the cd's and made the folks popular.

    People went through a phase where they got a little tired of gangster sh*t and wanted to laugh and party and get horny. So songs about that became popular.

    I am so TIRED of seeing people moan and groan all over the net about this! shut UP already if hip hop is dead then it deserved to die. Survival of the fittest.

    Look at all these artists making money and probly the same people b*tching bout the songs listening to the songs and buying the cd's.

    And this scorn of the south is foolishness. If not for the south there would be a whole period of time when BLACK women who are not built like white women were not seen in these music videos. Since the new yorkers are obsessed with getting access to the puerto rican looking chicks.

    cut the foolishness it's annoying already.
    Browni, that's the most dumbest thing I ever see you type.




    Anyways, I think this discussion can only be among true Hip-hop heads.

    The only people on here who I think can carry a meaningful Hip-hop discussion on here are HB, Nikki, Coco, and Nooner.

  10. #25
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    So if Hip Hop fell off a clif why then are some of the sellingest artists rappers? (Lil Wayne)?
    You know what I think it is? Nutten more dan BADMINE. As soon as an artist get popular enough and RICH ENOUGH that the artist don't NEED black people buying the music and concert tickets to live and eat well...dem start bun him out as sellout and fall off and "f*cking up the music".

    *kiss teet*

  11. #26
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Mystery View Post
    So because I from Tnt. I cah talk about Hip Hop, I eh know dat Hip Hop wuz only fuh Amerikans. I doh know bout u but I grow up listening to Hip Hop and I saw the gradual decline so RIDE U SHOT!! South Hip Hop is still shit wit dem fat girls in dey video.
    Did i say don't talk about it or did i say don't pick up f*ckery beef? Reading comprehension skills not taught in new york?

    ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Browni, that's the most dumbest thing I ever see you type.




    Anyways, I think this discussion can only be among true Hip-hop heads.

    The only people on here who I think can carry a meaningful Hip-hop discussion on here are HB, Nikki, Coco, and Nooner.
    Yes there it goes. The internet non-entity with the smugly superior vague comments about how they are part of some elite group that are the only people that KNOW about REAL hip hop.

    shut UUUUUP. Left up to what you and others like you call "real hip hop heads" hip hop and its artists starve to death because it takes more than YOU FEW to carry the music and the artists' BANK ROLLS nowhere!

    Stop acting like you have a right to the music others don't.

    And matter of fact stop acting like you are TALKING about it when it's the same old complaint rhetoric. Okay we heard you all the first few HUNDRED times NOW WHAT? If you have only one thing to say OVER AND OVER year after YEAR then you really don't have something to discuss you have a stale ass opinion that you are reiterating! Get over it.

  12. #27
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    You know what I think it is? Nutten more dan BADMINE. As soon as an artist get popular enough and RICH ENOUGH that the artist don't NEED black people buying the music and concert tickets to live and eat well...dem start bun him out as sellout and fall off and "f*cking up the music".

    *kiss teet*
    Badmind?

    Browni, urban artists aren't selling. You want to know why? Is because the music that they are making is shitty.


    Take it from us true Hip-hop heads. If it goes back to its essence, sales will go through the roof.

  13. #28
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Badmind?

    Browni, urban artists aren't selling. You want to know why? Is because the music that they are making is shitty.


    Take it from us true Hip-hop heads. If it goes back to its essence, sales will go through the roof.
    *rolls eyes* Don't attempt to patronize me. And don't feel sorry for artists who are not feeling sorry for themselves or you.

    Maybe they are not selling because Nielsen Soundscan does not count the BOOTLEGS that are selling all over new york, dc, miami and elsewhere.

  14. #29
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    *rolls eyes* Don't attempt to patronize me. And don't feel sorry for artists who are not feeling sorry for themselves or you.

    Maybe they are not selling because Nielsen Soundscan does not count the BOOTLEGS that are selling all over new york, dc, miami and elsewhere.
    Bootlegs have been selling for years.

  15. #30
    Searching For Answers Hello BKLYN is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,142
    Credits
    51,937,683
    WHen artists like Gucci Man and Baby feel they can talk shit when artists like Jay Z gets mentioned for best lyricist and people agree, then you know hiphop aint shit and done took a nose dive off the clif...

    I respect lil wayne... he is an artist and does say some she every now and again... and he seem to put skills and artistry as a priority in his music... His kinda music aint my cup a tea most of the time, but i respek dat...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

    Carl G. Jung

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •