Thread: Anyone watches Korra (Avatar)

Credits

Anyone watches Korra (Avatar)

I watched the first two seasons, it is less innocent, more geared towards teenagers and adults in my opinion.

Would I allow a child to watch not certain, it removes the veil of belief/trust when it comes to trust in government, adults, and general society.

And apparantly.. the ending is well.. a gender bender.

I know nikki would love it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    I watched the first two seasons, it is less innocent, more geared towards teenagers and adults in my opinion.

Would I allow a child to watch not certain, it removes the veil of belief/trust when it comes to trust in government, adults, and general society.

And apparantly.. the ending is well.. a gender bender.

I know nikki would love it.
    In a democracy you HAVE to remove blind trust in authority. It's a great allegory for children to learn imo. And yea Korra liking nanny made perfect sense.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    In a democracy you HAVE to remove blind trust in authority. It's a great allegory for children to learn imo. And yea Korra liking nanny made perfect sense.
    for real? i dont know is one of those things to me, like having a kid watch Roots, the world doesnt the look the same after that. the ending was a shocker and spoiler for me. I cheated myself and read the review.

i personally like Korra from the first season, because the outcomes were realistic, it was not Disney-tized for kids, where the popular kids always make it out on top. Also the script is filled with strong women from diverse backgrounds. Acts as a counterbalance to the atypical male hero story. that reminds me..i need to watch Brave.

Did you follow the series?

Credits
    Too boring i watch real anime..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    for real? i dont know is one of those things to me, like having a kid watch Roots, the world doesnt the look the same after that. the ending was a shocker and spoiler for me. I cheated myself and read the review.

i personally like Korra from the first season, because the outcomes were realistic, it was not Disney-tized for kids, where the popular kids always make it out on top. Also the script is filled with strong women from diverse backgrounds. Acts as a counterbalance to the atypical male hero story. that reminds me..i need to watch Brave.

Did you follow the series?
    yea i did.

honestly i don't like Korra. I hate when a character is developed to be all strong but every minute they're all emotionally vulnerable like a punk pu$$y b!tch. Korea is always acting all hard, and then scared of Amon, then she scared of the poison, then she scared of failure, then she scared what her gf gonna think when she come back from being scared of the poison. Me ain't able. I like Toph cuz she a real n!gga.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer