Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: ???? Anyone ever do on line schooling??

  1. #1
    bigbootyjo
    Guest

    ???? Anyone ever do on line schooling??

    I am thinking about taking some Accounting courses on line. Anyone ever do this before and if so, how was it? What course did you take?? Did it feel the same as sitting in a classroom?? Normally how does this work?? What college or trade school did you use?? Was the curriculm the same??

  2. #2
    Just In and Out Ms Gemini's Avatar Ms Gemini is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Where You Want Me To Be
    Posts
    2,512
    Credits
    1,006,078
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjo
    I am thinking about taking some Accounting courses on line. Anyone ever do this before and if so, how was it? What course did you take?? Did it feel the same as sitting in a classroom?? Normally how does this work?? What college or trade school did you use?? Was the curriculm the same??

    I have taken online courses before and I am currently doing one now. I have taken only curriculm courses. Early Childhood Education. Yea I feel the same way as if I am being taught in a class. To get a good grade in that class, you have to be online frequently, because if not, you miss out on things. Well I know for how it works with my school, we have this program called blackboard and you log on and stuff, then go to your course. The teacher will post something, and you have to respond to it and some of your classmates statements. Also there is a dropbox that you go to where you submit your work, etc. I attend CUNY.

  3. #3
    bigbootyjo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flirtygeminismiles
    I have taken online courses before and I am currently doing one now. I have taken only curriculm courses. Early Childhood Education. Yea I feel the same way as if I am being taught in a class. To get a good grade in that class, you have to be online frequently, because if not, you miss out on things. Well I know for how it works with my school, we have this program called blackboard and you log on and stuff, then go to your course. The teacher will post something, and you have to respond to it and some of your classmates statements. Also there is a dropbox that you go to where you submit your work, etc. I attend CUNY.
    How long have you been doing this?? What is CUNY??

  4. #4
    Just In and Out Ms Gemini's Avatar Ms Gemini is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Where You Want Me To Be
    Posts
    2,512
    Credits
    1,006,078
    From September to right now. City University of New York.

  5. #5
    bigbootyjo
    Guest
    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Just In and Out Ms Gemini's Avatar Ms Gemini is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Where You Want Me To Be
    Posts
    2,512
    Credits
    1,006,078
    NO PROBLEM!

  7. #7
    Kiz
    Registered User Kiz's Avatar Kiz is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    On top yuh man
    Posts
    29,572
    Credits
    1,044,600
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjo
    I am thinking about taking some Accounting courses on line. Anyone ever do this before and if so, how was it? What course did you take?? Did it feel the same as sitting in a classroom?? Normally how does this work?? What college or trade school did you use?? Was the curriculm the same??


    I got my AA and my BA at AIU online.........

  8. #8
    bigbootyjo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    I got my AA and my BA at AIU online.........
    Ok, give me some insight. Was it difficult?? Did you feel as if the course was to hard?? Do you work on your own schedule, or do they have a schedule in which you are to follow?? What did you get an AA and BA in?? Did it seem to be more expensive than just attending an actual college??

  9. #9
    Going home soon... Nisha7's Avatar Nisha7 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    6,032
    Credits
    1,511,229
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjo
    I am thinking about taking some Accounting courses on line. Anyone ever do this before and if so, how was it? What course did you take?? Did it feel the same as sitting in a classroom?? Normally how does this work?? What college or trade school did you use?? Was the curriculm the same??
    BBJ,
    You have to be careful aout what program you choose. There is still a stigma attached to online education, which may or may not affect your ability to even get any use out of the degree. I would suggest that you go with a traditional college that has an online component, rather than a wholly virtual school.

  10. #10
    Unregistered User sk gyal's Avatar sk gyal is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    arl bout
    Posts
    5,784
    Credits
    1,013,107
    I've taken online classes. You have be very disciplined to be successfuly complete them. As for Accounting classes, bear in mind that there is no one to explain anything to you in person. To me, you're learning on your own. Well that was my experience at UMASS

  11. #11
    bigbootyjo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisha7
    BBJ,
    You have to be careful aout what program you choose. There is still a stigma attached to online education, which may or may not affect your ability to even get any use out of the degree. I would suggest that you go with a traditional college that has an online component, rather than a wholly virtual school.
    Really?? I never even thought about that! So I am gonna do some research, and see what I can find out!

  12. #12
    Going home soon... Nisha7's Avatar Nisha7 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    6,032
    Credits
    1,511,229
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjo
    Really?? I never even thought about that! So I am gonna do some research, and see what I can find out!
    yep girl education is big business now and seem like everybody lookin for shortcuts, so school are poppin up all over the place.

    as far as diifculty, i teach mostly traditional on site courses but i have done a few distance courses over the years and sk gyal is right you have to be disciplined, more so than in a class room environment.

  13. #13
    bigbootyjo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sk gyal
    I've taken online classes. You have be very disciplined to be successfuly complete them. As for Accounting classes, bear in mind that there is no one to explain anything to you in person. To me, you're learning on your own. Well that was my experience at UMASS
    See, that's the one thing that I don't mind. I actually would prefer that! I hate working on other people schedules!

  14. #14
    He loves me! bagolicious's Avatar bagolicious is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    walking with him!
    Posts
    13,565
    Credits
    1,512,409
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjo
    I am thinking about taking some Accounting courses on line. Anyone ever do this before and if so, how was it? What course did you take?? Did it feel the same as sitting in a classroom?? Normally how does this work?? What college or trade school did you use?? Was the curriculm the same??
    I took an english course online b4....and BOY was it hard...
    they give u more work to do...much more assignments, compared to if u were in a classroom..
    after that experience i would never take another online course again..
    as for u and this accounting...since that is a somewhat mathematical course..i think u better off in a classroom yes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •