Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever rented a car AND IT GET DAMAGED?

SAME SH!T DIFFERNT TOILET HornaMan4Hire's Avatar HornaMan4Hire is offline
    Credits

Anybody ever rented a car AND IT GET DAMAGED?

Ok, i rented a car yesturday...
    The whole day was good, was very cautious drivin, got into no accidents and hit nothing... I come home and see like a chip in the paint and a small dent on the passenger side... I am like WTF, i dont remember seeing that when i inspected the car... I dont recall anything happening for me to get that dent the whole day!!! so i am thinkin i couldnt have been me or maybe someone dinged it while it was in the parking lot... But if you look at the dent, where the paint is chipped, it is kinda rusted so i must have been there for a while...
    Anyone ever been in this predicament? What should i do... I am ready to argue that it wasnt me cause of the rust in the dent meaning it must have been there for a while... Maybe i bypassed it when i inspected it cause i do remember the guy at the rental spot standing in that area fixin the matts in the back of the car.

Credits
    did u take out accident insurance on the rental?

salty

Credits
    bring it back when they are busy and rushing and hope they dont see it.... if its a guy attendant it would help if yuh was there wid a real sexy woman who jus happened to give him the eye for the whole time
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

Credits
    did u take the rental insurance? if u did, that should cover any damage to the car.

if you didn't, you gotta play your cards. they inspect the car before it goes out, so you'll have to real argue to say that it was there before you took the car. you can take it back and see if they don't notice, or try and get it fixed on your own cause they gonna charge you way more than it would really cost to get fixed.

Good luck.

SAME SH!T DIFFERNT TOILET HornaMan4Hire's Avatar HornaMan4Hire is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsalt
    did u take out accident insurance on the rental?

salty
    Yea i did

elq
    Credits
    well
    1. did you buy their supplemental insurance? if so, then it's covered

2. did you use your own insurance instead of their own? if so, then they'll file a claim wid your ins.

3. did they inspect the car before they gave it to you and indicated any visual blemishes before you drove off? If so, then you can try to claim that they missed that ding when you turn the car back in and they reinspect it.

or else you're SOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HornaMan4Hire
    The whole day was good, was very cautious drivin, got into no accidents and hit nothing... I come home and see like a chip in the paint and a small dent on the passenger side... I am like WTF, i dont remember seeing that when i inspected the car... I dont recall anything happening for me to get that dent the whole day!!! so i am thinkin i couldnt have been me or maybe someone dinged it while it was in the parking lot... But if you look at the dent, where the paint is chipped, it is kinda rusted so i must have been there for a while...
    Anyone ever been in this predicament? What should i do... I am ready to argue that it wasnt me cause of the rust in the dent meaning it must have been there for a while... Maybe i bypassed it when i inspected it cause i do remember the guy at the rental spot standing in that area fixin the matts in the back of the car.
    One time i rented a car and put a dent in it and when i took it back they didnt see it so i didnt say nothing.

elq
    Credits
    plus for you to fix it on your own, you'll need to rent it longer to take it to a body shop to get it fixed etc and who knows how long that'll take.

Credits
    I experienced that last year in NYC. I had supplemental damage insurance (always take this its usually 20 per day but worth it) no questions asked i took the car in, with a police report (need this) and got a new car.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HornaMan4Hire
    Sharpie Markers Works wonders even on rust!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDY MAGYVER
    bring it back when they are busy and rushing and hope they dont see it.... if its a guy attendant it would help if yuh was there wid a real sexy woman who jus happened to give him the eye for the whole time
    This is very true

I rented a truck in the winter and avoided a MAJOR ten car pileup. I was able to swerve away from everything, but someone still hit me to give the truck a lil ding on the back. I took it back and they didn't say a word. the people checking in the cars are usually too busy to check it out. Once it's back in the lot and you've checked it in, it's on them.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    I experienced that last year in NYC. I had supplemental damage insurance (always take this its usually 20 per day but worth it) no questions asked i took the car in, with a police report (need this) and got a new car.
    there was no hiding what happened to your shite

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummacita
    there was no hiding what happened to your shite

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    small paint chip vs. *lmao too much to even describe*

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Honikane
    Sharpie Markers Works wonders even on rust!
    ...or white out if de car white, or silver.

besides...I doh see de fuss, di'n de man say he take they insurance....talk done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast