Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Anybody Ever Call and Get Tru Tuh 91.9fm

  1. #1
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436

    Anybody Ever Call and Get Tru Tuh 91.9fm

    ah tried all dem numbers on d site fuh dis morning discussion
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  2. #2
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    You not going to get through, the lines are tied up on a daily basis by the following...


    All the sauces
    Twiggy
    Ms.Tunapuna

  3. #3
    DarkWingDuck TriniDivaWoman's Avatar TriniDivaWoman is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Over the rainbow
    Posts
    12,274
    Credits
    1,062,466
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    You not going to get through, the lines are tied up on a daily basis by the following...


    All the sauces
    Twiggy
    Ms.Tunapuna
    Love Life!!!

  4. #4
    another day... Ms. Hershey's Avatar Ms. Hershey is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Why, you comin' tuh visit?
    Posts
    16,495
    Credits
    1,529,448
    yuh neva damn lie.

    yuh fuhget tuh add: the dog head crew (WTF?), Bootylicious and alla dem, Wall Street and whoever else is dey family dey.

  5. #5
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    I myself tried getting thru to them this morning for the discussion but didn't get thru. I ended up giving my opinion on msn, but I don't even know if they brought it up cuz I had to step out of my office to tend to something.

    @ chinky and dem sauces I does get vex when they start to take calls, cuz I sure one ah dem will get thru.

  6. #6
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    I myself tried getting thru to them this morning for the discussion but didn't get thru. I ended up giving my opinion on msn, but I don't even know if they brought it up cuz I had to step out of my office to tend to something.

    @ chinky and dem sauces I does get vex when they start to take calls, cuz I sure one ah dem will get thru.
    I don't think Granny Sauce has any gran chirren to see bout, she always calling in.

  7. #7
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I don't think Granny Sauce has any gran chirren to see bout, she always calling in.
    And all dem chicks does call in actin all tustee and ting lol

  8. #8
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    And all dem chicks does call in actin all tustee and ting lol
    You talkin bout d ole foot crew, Twiggy, Sharon Felix and Granny Sauce.

  9. #9
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    You talkin bout d ole foot crew, Twiggy, Sharon Felix and Granny Sauce.

    yup and dat bootylicious one
    One call and say her name is Pineapple

    So what were your thoughts on today's topic? Picong u were referring to Mr. X and Nigel's program right?

  10. #10
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436
    Yeah d topic on schools. What I wanted to tell them was that education is divided into 3 parts. The child, home and school. If all 3 parts not on the same page then it makes no sense. Child must want to learn. Parents must re-enforce what is being taught in school. And the school system must be effective. I fella was talking bout guidance counselors and stuff and I remember having 1 in Secondary school (bhitch tried tuh send me tuh a psychiatrist fuh defending mehself in a fight wit a mad dog girl). But they need to have what we call up here SBST (School Based Support Team) which comprises of Guidance Counselors, Social Workers, Psychiatrist, etc. There is also a need for a strong police presence in the schools. The reality is with the gang violence and overall crime that has become a part of T&T culture, it will be in everyone best interest to try deter it from taking over the schools.
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  11. #11
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    Yeah d topic on schools. What I wanted to tell them was that education is divided into 3 parts. The child, home and school. If all 3 parts not on the same page then it makes no sense. Child must want to learn. Parents must re-enforce what is being taught in school. And the school system must be effective. I fella was talking bout guidance counselors and stuff and I remember having 1 in Secondary school (bhitch tried tuh send me tuh a psychiatrist fuh defending mehself in a fight wit a mad dog girl). But they need to have what we call up here SBST (School Based Support Team) which comprises of Guidance Counselors, Social Workers, Psychiatrist, etc. There is also a need for a strong police presence in the schools. The reality is with the gang violence and overall crime that has become a part of T&T culture, it will be in everyone best interest to try deter it from taking over the schools.
    You and I shared similar beliefs, I wish i didn't close the window with my long ass comment But what I was saying was the parents, school and to a certain extent the government needs to come together in order for things to work out.

    Parents
    A lot of these parents are passing their ignorance onto their kids. A lot of these kids are products of "babies making babies" and therefore they arent being raised properly. Some of these parents are more concerned with liming and having fun instead of nurturing and raising their children to be law abiding citizens.

    School
    A lot of these teachers have a don't care attitude when it comes to pulling these kids up, rightfully so I might add. But, their jobs aren't only to teach math and english but also to teach them lessons that they can use as they grow into adults. They also need to provide the schools with more security. Not them jokey rent a cops they have eh, but i mean some real bad security. That's where the government comes in.

    Government
    They need to provide training to security personnel for them to effectively oversee these schools esp. where gang activity is very rampant. They need some of them army men in some of those schools. The government can also do the country a great service if they provide programs that will teach these parents the proper way to raise children, esp. the children who have babies.

    Trinis like to point fingers too damn much and not sit and really work out a solution for nothing. They does quick to jump up and blame the government for everything, yet they fail to see where they aren't doing their parts.

  12. #12
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436
    I agree with most of what you posted but the Army will serve no purpose in the schools. they need to train Youth Services Officers from the Police Service and i am also ah believer in removing kids who are not in school to learn and put them in an environment where they are trained to conform to traditional schooling or giving an alternative that will be beneficial to them later on in life. I caller brought in a valid point.......with the resources we have in T&T the school should have every possible options available for students and they should not be closed because they falling apart. One of the hosts mentioned that it is time for a younger generation of leaders to be running the government. Time for fresh blood with fresh ideas.
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  13. #13
    Gladiator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    I agree with most of what you posted but the Army will serve no purpose in the schools. they need to train Youth Services Officers from the Police Service and i am also ah believer in removing kids who are not in school to learn and put them in an environment where they are trained to conform to traditional schooling or giving an alternative that will be beneficial to them later on in life. I caller brought in a valid point.......with the resources we have in T&T the school should have every possible options available for students and they should not be closed because they falling apart. One of the hosts mentioned that it is time for a younger generation of leaders to be running the government. Time for fresh blood with fresh ideas.

    ....I fed up seeing the same people in both political parties..Now I admire and respect the contributions of all the older heads of poilticians because they have been good public servants throughout the years, but they seem not willing to pass the torch to a younger generation of politicians who came through the University system of T&T and can better connect with today society...Sometimes I get the feeling our politicians have the intentions to die in office instead of saying its time to pass the torch to new ideas and politics...
    Last edited by Gladiator; 11-13-2008 at 06:17 PM.

  14. #14
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    I agree with most of what you posted but the Army will serve no purpose in the schools. they need to train Youth Services Officers from the Police Service and i am also ah believer in removing kids who are not in school to learn and put them in an environment where they are trained to conform to traditional schooling or giving an alternative that will be beneficial to them later on in life. I caller brought in a valid point.......with the resources we have in T&T the school should have every possible options available for students and they should not be closed because they falling apart. One of the hosts mentioned that it is time for a younger generation of leaders to be running the government. Time for fresh blood with fresh ideas.
    Trini needs a Barack

    But the Youth Services Officers sounds like a much better idea than the army. They wasting money and time on programs like URP and implement programs that are more beneficial and that are more closely supervised.

  15. #15
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    ....I fed up seeing the same people in both political parties..Now I admire and respect the contributions of all the older heads of poilticians because they have been good public servants throughout they years, but they seem not willing to pass the torch to a younger generation of politicians who came through the University system of T&T and can better connect with today society...Sometimes I get the feeling our politicians have the intentions to die in office instead of saying its time to pass the torch to new ideas and politics...

    I feel the reasons they refuse to pass the torch over are they won't have access to the money and power being in their position has afforded them. Right now Bas hoping he could get back as PM to finish what he started. One set ah selfish bastards, I doh like none of them and I loved PNM back in the days, but they real disappointing me. At the rate they going Trini would NOT make it to 1st World status by 2020.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •