Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any long distance relationships that worked?

Credits

Any long distance relationships that worked?

school me please..im using my fingers to count how many that i know of and so far.......zero......

Credits
    i was involved in a couple in the past. its possible, but u and the other person must be on the same wavelength. thx 2 technology, phone, e-mail, messenger, webcam etc..... it makes it a bit easier (and in some cases cheaper) to keep in touch with those far away.

now it's possible to 'feel' someone from far away bcuz of technology.

salt

I never had any relationships but the long distance when I am in town booty call was the best ....

Credits
    Its important to be friends first....and of course the trust has to be there....if yuh can't trust the person (or at least not be suspicious of their every move) then its doomed from the beginning.

It is possible though...I know of 3 couples (one couple is now married) that it has worked for.

Credits
    it's never worked for me, but I know one couple that's now happily married, and on ethat just recently got engaged...so its possible if both people are honest with each other....

Credits
    same here: never worked for me and I've had 3 "committed" ones. However, i know 5 couples that did it and are happily married....that is do the distance from the start and then move to each other.

Credits

fine......

trust...friendship.....innovation.....yadda yadda bing bang

but what happens when you need that person to be there now.this very minute. instantly.

Credits
    it never worked for me, well almost once but the end goal changed so that was it...but I do think it can if both people are committed and honest about what they need and want...

Credits
    maybe a videocam (CUSEEME), the phone, frequent flyer miles, or a local thing (joke).

Thumbs down

mines was kind of a long distance, but not that far, I am in bklyn and he was in queens we were together for 3yrs, I thought he was loyal, but he wasnt and it didnt work, that seeing yuh man only on the weekends is bull. it will never work

Credits
    I have been in several long distance relationships. Friendship plays a major part in the up keep of a long distance relationship (LDR). Communication, trust and faith in making it work follows and are very important. Once you have a willing partner and are able to handle the stretches of time you are not together it can work.

Credits

Thumbs up

yeah, they can work, esp. in this day and age with technology as salt said. the downside to the whole technology thing is you say things a lot more freely that way, and when you actually spend time with that person, you may find that you're shy, etc., or don't "click" as smoothly as you do online. it's definitely not easy, trust is a major factor, and there are times you just want to be with that person and you can't right at that moment. that can become frustrating. but when you finally get to see them !! if you're someone who has a hard time trusting men who live in the same city as you, a long distance relationship is a definite no-no. one of the pluses of a long-distance relationship is you don't get tired of the person as quickly as you may with someone who is nearby. absence makes the heart grow fonder they say.

ginger and i know a couple who met online and got married in 2000 and they are still very much in love. the sweetest story ever.

Credits
    Originally posted by sexybaby
    mines was kind of a long distance, but not that far, I am in bklyn and he was in queens we were together for 3yrs, I thought he was loyal, but he wasnt and it didnt work, that seeing yuh man only on the weekends is bull. it will never work
    Bklyn to Queens is not far at all. But you really want to see your man all thru the week too? Nah! I cyant handle dat. Lemme miss you a little, so when we see each other, the lovin is xtra sweet.

Brooklyn USA currently livin in boring ATL
    Credits
    This guy wants me to have a long distance relationship with him now, but i dont know if i can do it.. From Atlanta to Brooklyn NY, I dont know, but i see he really want to do it, so im thinking should I give it a try, or should I just move on.

Credits
    The way I see it, yuh cannot make that late night "drive by" when yuh in a long distance relationship, unless yuh a side ting - which would defeat the purpose of being in a relationship, no matter the distance.

As for technology, well, I live & breathe technology, and I'm surrounded by it as it pays my bills, but it is no substitue for being able to see/touch yuh parther. The only ones who benefit from technology are dem gyals wid dem toys & whatnot while de man still using technology from dem days way back!!

If she more than 1 hour away, I consider dat a long distance relationship and it's not fuh me! I know is sounds ludicrous, but each to their own.. right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast