Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any Greeks here?

Credits
    Originally posted by tallest
    I was "almost" a Zeta...... 6 weeks of almost.....but FIU miami soon brought out the rebel in me....and since.... although im not one of them....but i know that greeks honor their traditions... i WILL NOT go into SPECIFIC DETAILS!! as to why i never ...well...crossed....

I wanted to pledge.. was invited to a few.. but the time always clashed... and then i never had money...
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits

Re: Any Greeks here?

1) Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

2) My parents gave me alot of resistance until my older cousins educated them about the organizations.

Credits
    My question to yall is what about a soro or frat made you want to join or interested if you could talk cause I know you guys have certain rules??

For some reason my image of frats weren't good one...but over the year I met a few people who are part of frats and made me think different. The school I went didn't have any frats that I was interested in and when one poped it seem like people were only joining to be "DOWN" and not for any other reasons
    Last edited by Gt_Dr3aD; 06-01-2004 at 05:47 PM.

DJ Trixx
    Pi Sigma Chi - Nu Class

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Any Greeks here?

Originally posted by GettiGetti
    That's not a reason to join a sorority/fraternity. If you want to step, you should join a step team. Most schools have step teams and if yours doesn't, you should try to start one.
    When I started college I wanted to step as well and I ended up joining my school's step team and now I'm a member of the executive board.

As for me...I've always wanted to pledge Delta but have never been able to due to financial reasons. (I'm kinda saving up for too many things to take on another)
    lol, i am on a step team, happen to be the captain matter of fact....but anyway thats not the only reason i wanted to join a sorority.

Credits
    Nisha,

Hey Girlie

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Any Greeks here?

Originally posted by Nisha7
    LOL...is that the only reason? or just your main reason....
    no not at all....its just the first thing that came to my mind. BUt there are many things that have always appealed to me about being a part of a sorority.

Credits
    When I first went to school I thought it MIGHT be a good idea...then I started to think...I don't get along with very many girls...I cyah take all de damn drama...and I'll be damned if I'm gonna have them b!atches tryin and run me tellin me what de a$$ to do...fuh what? Can anybody tell me that? What kind of ish did you have to do and di you feel it was worth it? From some of the things i hear, I think I would have punched somebody in their face already and catch a flippin charge tryin and join some flickin group...I eh know, nah...I think it's really that part that does get me...

Credits
    Originally posted by 1trini-gyal
    When I first went to school I thought it MIGHT be a good idea...then I started to think...I don't get along with very many girls...I cyah take all de damn drama...and I'll be damned if I'm gonna have them b!atches tryin and run me tellin me what de a$$ to do...fuh what? Can anybody tell me that? What kind of ish did you have to do and di you feel it was worth it? From some of the things i hear, I think I would have punched somebody in their face already and catch a flippin charge tryin and join some flickin group...I eh know, nah...I think it's really that part that does get me...
    I love when people highlight the negative in a process. Yes that does happen, although "hazing" is illegal, it happens. But the "process" as you call it, has a lot of positives to.

1- forming bonds with people that have similar interests to you. My line sisters and i are all every close to this day. 11 year later and they are my closest female friends.

2- Discipline. The kind i needed as a freshman. I pledge my freshman year and instead of partying like a crazy horse, i was on a tough schedule where i got 4-5 hours sleep per night. Its the kind of discipline that prepares you to face chanllenges in the world today.

3- Sisterhood. Like you i don't get along well with many females, however pledging and being in a sorority has taught me how to build meaningful relationships with women.

4- Friendships all over the world... if i want to right now i can find a sister in Germany and probably have free room and board tomorrow. Is it always like that, no, but its possible.

There is also a certain level of respect i have for my sorors. Ask Fantsy too... although she would like to ban me she can't
    Nickyan likes this.

Credits
    Originally posted by Trinibaje
    I love when people highlight the negative in a process. Yes that does happen, although "hazing" is illegal, it happens. But the "process" as you call it, has a lot of positives to.

1- forming bonds with people that have similar interests to you. My line sisters and i are all every close to this day. 11 year later and they are my closest female friends.

2- Discipline. The kind i needed as a freshman. I pledge my freshman year and instead of partying like a crazy horse, i was on a tough schedule where i got 4-5 hours sleep per night. Its the kind of discipline that prepares you to face chanllenges in the world today.

3- Sisterhood. Like you i don't get along well with many females, however pledging and being in a sorority has taught me how to build meaningful relationships with women.

4- Friendships all over the world... if i want to right now i can find a sister in Germany and probably have free room and board tomorrow. Is it always like that, no, but its possible.

There is also a certain level of respect i have for my sorors. Ask Fantsy too... although she would like to ban me she can't
    I swear we ended up in the same organization for a reason...minus the freshman part...I pledged as a sophomore...I too needed the discipline and actually that was one of my highest GPA's of my college career...in that I had mandatory Study Hall for hours at a time daily.

In addition I did not care for females either...but it taught me a level of respect and one thing that I will take to my grave...

If you want something in this life...business is never personal...you just do what you have to...to get what you want.

Credits
    Originally posted by Taina
    The thing is that for most graduate chapters you have to be invited or sponsored by someone in order to join. So, contacting the local chapter might be the best bet to find out more info.

hmmmm......

Credits
    Originally posted by CaribGyrl
    hmmmm......
    what's up darling? is there something u wanna tell me?

Credits
    Originally posted by ILanDFnTsY

In addition I did not care for females either...but it taught me a level of respect and one thing that I will take to my grave...

If you want something in this life...business is never personal...you just do what you have to...to get what you want.

Fantasy you are on point with this. I can't agree with you more.

Credits
    Originally posted by ARAMˣITA
    Fantasy you are on point with this. I can't agree with you more.
    One of my favorite lines while pledging...that has just really held true..."Suck that sh!t up"!!!

Some ppl never learn that...

Credits
    Originally posted by ILanDFnTsY
    One of my favorite lines while pledging...that has just really held true..."Suck that sh!t up"!!!

Some ppl never learn that...

all i heard was #2 STOP CRYING

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast