Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Any Excel xperts?

  1. #1
    Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!! lordsalt is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    QBNYC
    Posts
    9,928
    Credits
    1,558,216

    Any Excel xperts?

    cuz i eh know 1 ting i doin and gonna end up screwing the pooch.

    i gotta do a lookup of data in column A and match it to data in Column B and C. i heard of vlookup, but the most i know about Excel is File Open Close and Save.

    need help bad. any xperts?d

    salty

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsalt
    cuz i eh know 1 ting i doin and gonna end up screwing the pooch.

    i gotta do a lookup of data in column A and match it to data in Column B and C. i heard of vlookup, but the most i know about Excel is File Open Close and Save.

    need help bad. any xperts?d

    salty
    What are you trying to do exactly? Lookup and match?

  3. #3
    De Scribe Metro Robber's Avatar Metro Robber is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Brooknam
    Posts
    2,509
    Credits
    1,007,485
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsalt
    cuz i eh know 1 ting i doin and gonna end up screwing the pooch.

    i gotta do a lookup of data in column A and match it to data in Column B and C. i heard of vlookup, but the most i know about Excel is File Open Close and Save.

    need help bad. any xperts?d

    salty
    God! I used to do that when I was an analyst! I can't remember but that is the best facking ting when it works. It saves a lot of time. If you get thru let me know how yuh did it.

  4. #4
    Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!! lordsalt is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    QBNYC
    Posts
    9,928
    Credits
    1,558,216
    column A is a bunch of NT ID's (2304 rows).
    column B is also NT ID's and column C is the support TECHNICIAN for those ID's.

    i need whatever is in column A to be matched with what is in column B and put together with supporting technician next to it. only thing is, not all data in A is in B.

    salty

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsalt
    column A is a bunch of NT ID's (2304 rows).
    column B is also NT ID's and column C is the support TECHNICIAN for those ID's.

    i need whatever is in column A to be matched with what is in column B and put together with supporting technician next to it. only thing is, not all data in A is in B.

    salty
    :devil Hmmn would have been much easier in an Access database format..

  6. #6
    Shitsuren Kyuka RenzePenze's Avatar RenzePenze is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft Liquordale
    Posts
    19,556
    Credits
    1,105,770
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatJamz kiDD
    :devil Hmmn would have been much easier in an Access database format..
    his lazy behind.. dais wah he get for sending wacko things to people msn
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

    The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

  7. #7
    Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!! lordsalt is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    QBNYC
    Posts
    9,928
    Credits
    1,558,216
    robber, pjk and bgarl - allyuh about as useful as waterproof towels. somebody pleassssssssssssssssssse help!

    salty

  8. #8
    Im a SEXY B!TCH HATER PtHova's Avatar PtHova is offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FAT Camp
    Posts
    14,103
    Credits
    1,065,851
    OMG
    i jus took a class on dis
    lets see

    yes like PJK said it wud be easier in Access
    because u wud be able to use a Query and either sort or find all in all columns







    am i right PJK, if not tell me fast so i can delete this post

  9. #9
    Whose YO DADDY..^ DADDY MAGYVER is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8,124
    Credits
    1,054,717
    ask me that same question in a few weeks.

    i should have read through my book by then and on my way to becoming an excel wiz
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsalt
    robber, pjk and bgarl - allyuh about as useful as waterproof towels. somebody pleassssssssssssssssssse help!

    salty
    The reason why I say this is because eash ID would have been part of a record. So when combining the information it would be easier than excel which is just a linear table and harder to sort information since they are not relationsionally dependant..

  11. #11
    Im a SEXY B!TCH HATER PtHova's Avatar PtHova is offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FAT Camp
    Posts
    14,103
    Credits
    1,065,851
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatJamz kiDD
    The reason why I say this is because eash ID would have been part of a record. So when combining the information it would be easier than excel which is just a linear table and harder to sort information since they are not relationsionally dependant..

    i was right :eek

    see BGD i was learnin something :p

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Jason kiDD's Avatar Jason kiDD is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Da Streets
    Posts
    42,527
    Credits
    7,664,113
    Quote Originally Posted by PtHova
    OMG
    i jus took a class on dis
    lets see

    yes like PJK said it wud be easier in Access
    because u wud be able to use a Query and either sort or find all in all columns

    am i right PJK, if not tell me fast so i can delete this post
    Yeah not bad..

  13. #13
    Shitsuren Kyuka RenzePenze's Avatar RenzePenze is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft Liquordale
    Posts
    19,556
    Credits
    1,105,770
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatJamz kiDD
    The reason why I say this is because eash ID would have been part of a record. So when combining the information it would be easier than excel which is just a linear table and harder to sort information since they are not relationsionally dependant..
    he would just have to type them over in the columns and match the technicians.. cause i dunno if he can sort it through that way.. and some info done missing from one ah de columns
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

    The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

  14. #14
    Im a SEXY B!TCH HATER PtHova's Avatar PtHova is offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FAT Camp
    Posts
    14,103
    Credits
    1,065,851
    in the "File menu" u should be able to "Send" the spreadsheet info to Access
    but then u gotta do that Query thing
    hope u know how to use Access

  15. #15
    Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!! lordsalt is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    QBNYC
    Posts
    9,928
    Credits
    1,558,216
    pt and dmg -

    pjk - i know xactly what u mean. i used administer sql servers and do all that relationship crap years ago. too bad over here dey bent on excel spreadsheets and i dying.

    some1 get the vaseline. the pooch will be screwed.

    salty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •