Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antigua Leader Raped During Home Attack:

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits

Antigua Leader Raped During Home Attack:

Antigua Leader Raped During Home Attack

ST. JOHN'S, Antigua (AP) - The president of the Antigua and Barbuda senate was raped during an assault in her home last week, police said Monday.

Hazelyn Francis, 66, was briefly hospitalized after an unidentified assailant broke into her home in St. John's on Friday and attacked her.

Police spokesman McClean Hunte said Francis, who lived alone, told authorities she was raped and that a medical examination confirmed the claim.

Hunte said police have yet to make any arrests but were "working on some leads."

Police haven't confirmed reports that Francis was also robbed during the attack, but have said she was the victim of an attempted robbery near her home in April.

The assault has been widely condemned by lawmakers and women's advocacy groups on the Caribbean island, which has seen a steady increase in crime in recent years.

About a dozen people, including four women, were killed last year in the former British Caribbean colony of 70,000. Police haven't released current statistics on killings, burglaries and rapes.

Pat Edwards-Southwell, the president of the Professional Organization of Women in Antigua, urged police to seek foreign assistance in solving the case.

"The police need to use the latest technology (to solve the crime) and if we don't have it then we have to go outside," she said.

10/31/05 22:34 EST

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Credits
    horny Antiguan men raping old women

Credits
    horrible. Heres the story from the Sun:

SEARCH HEATS UP …as nation condemns Francis’ attack

Monday October 31 2005

by Marabel Jacobs

The police have procured the services of a forensic scientist out of Barbados to assist with investigations into the brutal and vicious attack on President of the Senate Hazelyn Francis, according to police sources.

The scientist is expected to arrive in the country early this week to begin her work. She is expected to visit the crime scene where she will secure samples and evidence for further forensic analysis.

Police reports indicate Francis was attacked in her bedroom while sleeping sometime between 3 and 5 a.m. last Friday and has been left traumatised following the ordeal.

The SUN understands that as she put up some measure of resistance she was beaten about the head and body with a blunt object.

Francis was taken to the Holberton Hospital for medical attention, at which time a c-scan was performed to ascertain the severity of the injuries to her head.

The intruder reportedly entered the house through a bedroom window.

There has been widespread condemnation of the incident from all quarters of the national community.

Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer in a statement condemned the assault.

“The brutal attack on the President of the Senate Hazelyn Francis, is a tragedy of unspeakable proportions. The country has received the news of Senator Francis’ trauma with shock and disgust.

“My heart goes out to my friend and parliamentary colleague over the terror that intruded into her home and into her life (Friday) morning. The atrocity inflicted upon Senator Francis shames and defiles our entire nation,” PM Spencer said.

Meantime, women members of Parliament also came out strongly in a separate statement.

Ministers Jacqui Quinn-Leandro and Senator Joanne Massiah deemed it a “crude assault on all the womenfolk of this nation. That someone of the stature and seniority of Senator Francis could be so brutally and violently assaulted is a clear indication of the callousness and mean-spiritedness that has engulfed some members of our society.”

A statement from Antigua Labour Party Senator Gail Christian was particularly forceful.

“As a woman, as someone who taught me, as a colleague, and as a resident of the Gray’s Green community, I offer my strongest support to this woman who has been an inspiration to so many for so long.

“I wish her well in her period of recuperation. However, I also call on the government of this country to move swiftly to place effective crime fighting measures on the top of its agenda,” Christian stated.

LGN
    Credits

LGN
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahpikne
    Hope thats not meant to be funny. and how do you know hes antiguan? Antigua is very multi-national

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    this is CRAZYYYYYY... The more articles I read, the more I can't understand what would make anyone to do such a crime, especially around this time.I hope they can get to the bottom of this asap.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlian Defoe
    Hope thats not meant to be funny. and how do you know hes antiguan? Antigua is very multi-national
    rape is never funny ! but she was 66 someone deserve to get

sanaa
    This is so sad....

LGN
    Credits
    rape is never funny ! but she was 66 someone deserve to get
    But how do you know hes antiguan?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlian Defoe
    But how do you know hes antiguan?
    Sorry but it was in Antigua

LGN
    Credits
    Doesnt means the mudda s################ is Antiguan.

Credits
    Antigua has become such a huge melting pot in the caribbean that its hard to say what nationality the person is.

Credits
    This is in such poor taste...but then again tact doesn't appear to by in your dictionary so why am I surprised?

Sorry to hear of this incident...I pray that she can recover from this assault and hope they find this piece of filth that committed the crime.

Credits
    messed up.hope dem find de person.Im sure they will strike again if not

Credits

I wonder if him know excatly WHO him rape?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast