Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Black Madonna
  • 1 Post By dollbabi

Thread: another bushwick teen victim of gun violence..

Credits

another bushwick teen victim of gun violence..

just a few blocks over from where the trini teen got gun down..

BROOKLYN — A 14-year-old boy was in critical condition after being shot in the head on a Bushwick street late Wednesday, authorities said.
    Akeal Christopher was walking at the corner of Cornelia Street and Evergreen Avenue about 10:55 p.m. with a group of friends, when another group approached him and asked if he was part of a "crew," police and friends said.
    The boy turned to run away with his friends and was shot once in the head. He was taken to Brookdale Hospital with life-threatening injuries, the NYPD said.
    Police said the teen may have been walking home from a party at the time of the shooting.
    A woman who heard the shots and raced from her apartment to help Christopher described the horrifying moments following the shooting. Lupe Estrella, 48, said she heard four shots and looked outside her child's window to see teens running away from the scene.
    Christopher was lying on his back, apparently suffering from a seizure, Estrella said.
    Estrella, who said she's had emergency medical training, ran to the boy. A young woman stood over him, screaming for help. "By the time I got to him there was no movement at all," she said. "There was blood behind his head and blood was really coming out of his right ear."
    While neighors propped up Christopher's head with beach towels, Estrella performed CPR on the boy until he began to move his eyes, she said. As she worked to help him, neighbors surrounded them, and one boy reached into Christopher's pocket and used his cell phone to call his family with the terrible news.
    Shortly after Christopher seemed to regain consciousness, paramedics arrived. The boy squeezed Estrella's fingers in response to her voice.
    Estrella couldn't sleep Wednesday night, she told DNAinfo. "Every time I close my eyes I see that boy," she said. Estrella visited Brookdale Hospital on Thursday morning. She said Christopher's mother was "hysterical."
    Estrella's daugther, Nicole Cabrera, 28, helped her mother tend to the boy. "I couldn't talk. I couldn't move. I was lost," said Cabrera. "We've been up since it happened. None of us can sleep."

Read more: 14-Year-Old Boy Shot in Head in Bushwick - DNAinfo.com New York

Black Madonna
    no wonder the news vans were in front of Brookdale when we drove past it. smh. thank goodness that women was there to help.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Madonna View Post
    no wonder the news vans were in front of Brookdale when we drove past it. smh. thank goodness that women was there to help.

the teen is not gunna make it tho.. the news update today said he's now brain dead..

Juan Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by King-NicK View Post
    the teen is not gunna make it tho.. the news update today said he's now brain dead..
    what you think the solution is to stop all that nonsense?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigga Boozy View Post
    what you think the solution is to stop all that nonsense?
    well i support the NYPD stop and frisk movement 100%.. but these yung kids out here can't be saved every Projects/hood u go its a gang there. its just a on going cycle

Black Madonna
    Quote Originally Posted by King-NicK View Post
    well i support the NYPD stop and frisk movement 100%.. but these yung kids out here can't be saved every Projects/hood u go its a gang there. its just a on going cycle
    because their fathers are not around. decent men need to mentor. these boys are looking for father figures and older boys are preying on them because they know they are searching for something. they are confused about what defines manhood so they become aggressive. Women always step in and nurture everyone's kid. who rushed to this boys side? a woman. grown ass men are afraid of these young boys and would never challenge them, but would challenge the young girls and call them out, pull them aside about their conduct. I asked that question before and most men admitted being afraid of how dangerous it may turn out. Grown men are afraid of these kids

NaturalBornRidah
    because their fathers are not around. decent men need to mentor. these boys are looking for father figures and older boys are preying on them because they know they are searching for something. they are confused about what defines manhood so they become aggressive. Women always step in and nurture everyone's kid. who rushed to this boys side? a woman. grown ass men are afraid of these young boys and would never challenge them, but would challenge the young girls and call them out, pull them aside about their conduct. I asked that question before and most men admitted being afraid of how dangerous it may turn out. Grown men are afraid of these kids
    Father figures? Thats an oversimplification what about these kids live in a screwed up society.When families that are lower middle income depend on government assistance,live in districts with under cut funding to their schooling zones, and inadequate supply of jobs for their parents theres a lot of odds to beat.

Everything is a man problem for you.
    Last edited by NaturalBornRidah; 06-28-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Black Madonna
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    Father figures? Thats an oversimplification what about these kids live in a screwed up society.When families that are lower middle income depend on government assistance,live in districts with under cut funding to their schooling zones, and inadequate supply of jobs for their parents theres a lot of odds to beat.

sometimes it is that simple. maybe you're making it more complicated than it needs to be, just because you cannot accept nor admit that many black men have failed. and that inability to admit that is what's causing further degradation to the community. some black men need to be ashamed so they can step up. these families are living in these conditions because the fathers have abandoned them. how many 2-parent households do you know are lower-middle income with both parents on welfare? *steupse*
    BacchanalDiva likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post

so households with father's are likely to have wayward children, just because they are impoverished?

then what is the father doing??? lol what is his purpose in the household if they still broke and the kids are fukked up?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Black Madonna
    my aunt and uncle used to live on that block. my cousins still live around the corner. smh

T-MAKAA
    Maybe he was part of the crew that they asked him he was apart of

Credits
    *smh*

Truth. I've worked at an alternative school before - 95% young black boys. What did the educators (black, male & female alike) have to say about them? They need fathers. Yes, there are other issues but that is the main one.

When a black male teacher came in the class, their response was entirely different from their reaction to a woman. It took far less effort to get them settled and focused. It's crazy how people don't see this. Being poorer doesnt have to mean being problematic. Most of the successful black men I know have fathers in the picture, no matter how poor they grew up.
    BacchanalDiva likes this.

Credits

This just shows why "Mother's Day" is so OVERRATED.....
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

NaturalBornRidah
    sometimes it is that simple. maybe you're making it more complicated than it needs to be, just because you cannot accept nor admit that many black men have failed. and that inability to admit that is what's causing further degradation to the community. some black men need to be ashamed so they can step up. these families are living in these conditions because the fathers have abandoned them. how many 2-parent households do you know are lower-middle income with both parents on welfare? *steupse*
    As I said ,you put all the blame on the black man and not look at all of the contributing factors,what about the women did not prepare themselves for this( being in a volatile relationship and depending on man)? What about the women who are crack heads who gave birth to crack babies? Women who didn't give a damn about the child's security because they're ''gold diggin selves'' full intentions were to get pregnant by a rich balla type dude ,but, he just so happened to get duck and dodge the child support trap.What about women who put their children in a home?Lets not forget women who just wanted to party all the time and were out galevanting to leave their child supervised by a substandard guardian.

And for your question yes look at white trash and immigrants.
    2 Parent households equal a middle class family ?Get real.What do you think black families in the 60s and 70s social status was?
    Stop making black women's relationship issues a social issue .

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    so households with father's are likely to have wayward children, just because they are impoverished?

then what is the father doing??? lol what is his purpose in the household if they still broke and the kids are fukked up?
    ???
    You're saying a 2 parent household ensures a child not to
    misbehave?Many kids with both parents in the hood grow up but still go astray because of other variables.

Credits
    A Brooklyn teen who was shot in the head last month died Tuesday — his 15th birthday, his mother told the Daily News.
    Akeal Christopher took a bullet between his eyes when a group of young men cornered him and his pals in Bushwick June 27, police sources and family said.
    “We are all devastated,” said the teen’s tearful mother, Natasha Christopher. “All this violence is hard to fathom. It needs to stop. How many children need to die before we wake up and stop this insanity?”
    Akeal had been on life support at Brookdale University Hospital since he was shot.
    “He never had a chance,” his mother said.
    Akeal was walking with a group of friends when they crossed paths with another group at the corner of Evergreen Ave. and Cornelia St. just before 11 p.m., sources said.
    Someone from the other group asked if Akeal or any of his friends were part of a local street gang, cops said.

Read more: Teen shot in Brooklyn succumbs to his wounds - NY Daily News