Thread: another artiste locked up in Trinidad

Credits

another artiste locked up in Trinidad

bounty killer was scheduled to perform in trinidad last night, he did, but only for 5mins because he got locked up for cursing. when will these performers learn? when i go home is only soca concerts i goin yes. :p

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Slaughter
    bounty killer was scheduled to perform in trinidad last night, he did, but only for 5mins because he got locked up for cursing. when will these performers learn? when i go home is only soca concerts i goin yes. :p
    what I wanna know is...wtf do promoters bring these people knowing damn well dem does curse? I mean...not just sayin when dem talk to the crowd...but all in dey songs?

Credits
    For cursing???

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GettiGetti
    For cursing???
    yep, like dmx and some other jamaican artiste before him.

rummy,that is waht the ppl want. they advertise the concert, tickets get sold, the promoters get the money...what more do they want?

straight to de point !!! Nah Lot AH Long Talk's Avatar Nah Lot AH Long Talk is offline
    Credits
    The bad thing about all this is that you are cheated because de promoters doan refund yah money. There should be some kind ah agreement in contracts stating that if you curse you loose part of your money. i'm sure these artist will close their mouths then :devil

Credits
    Sure what de people want...but why bring dem knowing damn well the artistes(especially when u got ones who sound vex all the time) gine curse.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummacita
    Sure what de people want...but why bring dem knowing damn well the artistes(especially when u got ones who sound vex all the time) gine curse.
    so who dey gine bring? engelbert humperdinck?

Credits
    so who dey gine bring? engelbert humperdinck?
    my point...if yuh laws state no cursing...why risk all your party-goers w/ an artiste who is guaranteed to get lock up because dem is stubborn badman who think they can do whatever they want. Nuff artiste have performed w/o the issue...but look at the persona of DMX or Bounty Killa. Do dem seem like they would obey a law?

Credits
    my point...if yuh laws state no cursing...why risk all your party-goers w/ an artiste who is guaranteed to get lock up because dem is stubborn badman who think they can do whatever they want. Nuff artiste have performed w/o the issue...but look at the persona of DMX or Bounty Killa. Do dem seem like they would obey a law?
    point taken, but, as i stated before, artistes with "ghetto" images appeal to most of the youths, and so the promoters try to give them what they want,which will in turn reap financial benefits for them. im sure the promoters tell the artistes that cursing on stage is against the law, but some adhere to it will others don't; i guess some are just willing to take that risk.

amprincess
    when i go home is only soca concerts i goin yes. :p

good idea

Credits
    oh gosh boy

he had to cuss huh

Credits
    I'm sure the artistes are made aware of the local laws, and more than likely they sign with that understanding...

Credits
    my point...if yuh laws state no cursing...why risk all your party-goers w/ an artiste.....
    What risk? The tickets sold and the promoters paid in full. Wha de promoters risking?

You don't think the same promoters who promote shows with artists who never end up performing all of a sudden care about the patrons, do you?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme-ist
    What risk? The tickets sold and the promoters paid in full. Wha de promoters risking?

You don't think the same promoters who promote shows with artists who never end up performing all of a sudden care about the patrons, do you?
    I know...so basically all dem shows is scam since dem know the artiste gine curse then. Glad I not paying for tix.

Credits
    I know...so basically all dem shows is scam since dem know the artiste gine curse then. Glad I not paying for tix.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they know an artist is definitely going to curse. But it can't be a secret to anybody what the laws are -- Trinidad is not the only w.i. nation that will lock u up for this -- and like Bake said I would have to guess they are made aware of the laws beforehand.

I'm just saying the promoters aren't exactly going to cry foul after the fact.....nor is it a majority of the time that it happens I would think. Hey sometimes sh!t happens.... *looks around for imix decency police* lol