Thread: THE ANGRY BLACK WOMAN's GUIDE TO LIFE IS OUT!!!

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits

THE ANGRY BLACK WOMAN's GUIDE TO LIFE IS OUT!!!

Some old co-workers of mine finally finished their book!!!

http://www.angryblackwoman.com/
    Big up to mi girls Denene, Mitzi, and Angela for writing "Angry Black Woman's Guide to Life", I've been waiting a long time!
    "Throughout history, women's attempt to stand up for themselves have been dismissed as the ramblings of "angry women." But there's a method to their madness...

"A lively look @ the art of being a true Angry Black Woman- from her relationships to her career to her family- this hip, hysterical manifesto is perfect for all of the ABW's in your life- no matter what their type!"

Credits
    Gosh I would Love to read that Book......

Actually my brother, junior, refers to YOu as the "Angry Black Woman" ....

Credits
    Originally posted by Grengal
    Gosh I would Love to read that Book......

Actually my brother, junior, refers to YOu as the "Angry Black Woman" ....
    he thinks I'm an Angry Black Woman? fuh real? YOU STORY!!

But you know my favorite line; "I'm So MAD!" lol...

Read this excerpt:

When most people think about angry black women (ABW), they think of it in a negative, stereotypical, neck-swizzling, eye-rolling, and, worst of all, dismissive kind of way—as if whenever we have an opinion, or stand up for ourselves, that we have an attitude problem, that we’re miserable, that we need a man. That we’re just plain mad. But you know what? We’re not mad. We don’t have attitude problems. We’re not miserable. We’re angry for a reason. We black women have to work three times as hard to get half the respect and significantly less pay to simply be in the room with everyone else—and the thanks we get for it is people trying to dismiss us: “Oh, don’t mind her, she’s just an angry black woman.”

And while employers, spouses, and strangers try to dismiss us with these three simple words, there’s one thing
    anyone with even half a brain and a cursory knowledge of black women fear from an ABW: the blackout. This apocalyptic event—that usually begins with a rapid-fire litany of choice words (most of which are of the four-letter persuasion and therefore unprintable in this book) and ends with the transgressor in the fetal position calling for his or her mother—is unleashed when an ABW loses her natural mind and cuts loose on someone who has committed an unforgivable slight, injustice, or insult. And while many try to lampoon these apocalyptic events as stereotypical neck-wiggling behavior, sometimes a good, old-fashioned tongue-lashing is just what some people need to give us our propers, as Aretha would say.

Look, the truth of the matter is that every black woman—whether she is from the projects or a member of the Opal Circle, whether she is on welfare or bringing in a six-figure paycheck—knows that we are a strong, proud people who are opinionated and confident enough with ourselves to voice it. Throughout history, angry black women have moved mountains. It wasn’t until Rosa Parks got angry about the lynching of Emmett Till that she decided not to move from her bus seat—an angry black woman’s strike that ushered in the civil rights movement. Aretha Franklin wasn’t exactly cooing when she demanded her man give her R-E-S-P-E-C-T—and her fans who could relate, black women, put her at the top of the charts because they felt her. Anita Hill had to be damn angry to suffer the abuse of Congress to point the sexual harassment finger at Clarence Thomas; she may not have won the battle, but she sure as shooting let black folks know that Thomas was no Thurgood Marshall. We’ve had our eye on him ever since. Simply put, sometimes anger spurs progress.

So we decided to claim it, embrace it, and make it ours: We’re angry black women and damn proud. Here, our tribute to angry black women everywhere. Part social commentary, part riff, this tongue-in-cheek read explores the history of the angry black woman, the different types of angry black women, the manifestation of angry black women in entertainment and media, and the reason why we’re so mad, along with the top words, actions, and deeds that everyone from an employer to a child can do to tick off an angry black woman. The Angry Black Woman’s Guide to Life will also help others—men, employers, children, random people in the street—come to this understanding: An angry black woman is not to be messed with.

Credits
    Book Signing: April 17th
    it's at Nubian Heritage on Fulton St from 2p-4p

Credits
    i am definitely picking up this one...i have to upgrrade from being angry black girl to angry black woman
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits
    Originally posted by EmpressRevolution
    Book Signing: April 17th
    it's at Nubian Heritage on Fulton St from 2p-4p
    *organizes boycott and scalps private meeting tickets*:p

Credits
    Originally posted by Sugahkhayne
    i am definitely picking up this one...i have to upgrrade from being angry black girl to angry black woman

ahemmmm!! *creedmore is calling*

Prettidolli16
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SOOKIE SOOKIE NOW......