Thread: Is American Red Cross in trouble for stealing donation or what?

Credits

Is American Red Cross in trouble for stealing donation or what?

It seem like American Red Cross has some explanation to do how they gonna spend all the money they collected.

City Brights: Zennie Abraham : American Red Cross must explain $175 million in unallocated Haiti donations

Credits
    I read the article and the Red Cross report. The Red Cross clearly says they collected $255 million earmarked for Haiti and how much they've already spent. The blogger/columnist if off base to suggest the Red Cross has stolen the mony. It will certainly cost a lot more to rebuild hospitals, housing and infrastructure in Haiti than the cost to provide immediate relief such as food, temporary shelter, clothing, etc. The writer looks stupid for making allegations when he just doesn't grasp the magnitude of what it will take to rebuild Haiti. Just because a lot of money has come in doesn't mean you have to spend or allocate it all immediately.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    What he said the media was jumping on Wyclef why don't anybody's asking Red Cross any question?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinhaiti4ever View Post
    What he said the media was jumping on Wyclef why don't anybody's asking Red Cross any question?
    The mainstream media knows that the Red Cross is managed by a board
    of directors who have to work with the government of Haiti and other
    NGOs to plan out how best to utilize the funds to rebuild Haiti. The guy
    wants to know where the money's gone when everyone knows it's in
    the bank.

I would be a lot more worried if the Red Cross didn't already acknowledge that the money was earmarked for Haiti. The reason so much of the money isn't "committed" yet is that they first have to decide what specific programs & projects the Red Cross will engage in.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    No be honest I'm kinda nervous about all these money they collected Will the NGO's doing anything with they claim they spent $640 million a year before the quake since 2005 in Haiti everybody's including me keep wondering what did they do?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinhaiti4ever View Post
    No be honest I'm kinda nervous about all these money they collected Will the NGO's doing anything with they claim they spent $640 million a year before the quake since 2005 in Haiti everybody's including me keep wondering what did they do?
    I'm curious and I'm not saying it to be rude. Do you read English well or at all?