Thread: American Idol: Frenchie Davis situation

Credits

American Idol: Frenchie Davis situation

Here's for the fans who wondered what happened to her.

http://accesshollywood.msn.com/tv/0212_idolfrenchie.asp

Credits
    This is the reason why we have to make wise decisions when we are young because you never know when they may come back to haunt you. She is very talented and has a great voice, I think that she will be a star anyway. At least she's gotten some exposure from being on the show.

Credits
    u can also go to cnn.com to find more info about frenchie..................

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    This is the reason why we have to make wise decisions when we are young because you never know when they may come back to haunt you. She is very talented and has a great voice, I think that she will be a star anyway. At least she's gotten some exposure from being on the show.
    Yep, look at Vanessa Williams. Her Miss America crown was taken away for nude pictures. Now, as they say, the rest is history.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits

Dayyuummm

I'm on the bus today maccoin someone's newspaper and I saw a big picture of Frenchie, so I'm saying to myself the sista had to make it, yes, But then to know why her picture was really in the newspaper is quite sad. WELL IT's not the end of the world for her, like the many others EVE, LIL'KIM who had their days in the underground lime-light, she too can make it...

Credits
    Some of these shows have a morals clause in their contracts and if it is violated the producers have the right to terminate your contract. So in the case of Frenchie, she may have violated that clause.

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    I guess she either didn't read the contract thoroughly or she took a chance!

Credits
    The whole thing is sad but I did hear on the news that the producers are still trying to help her get a recording contract because they realized that she had true talent. I hope that is true because homegirl could SANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits

Re: Dayyuummm

Originally posted by empressedu
    I'm on the bus today maccoin someone's newspaper and I saw a big picture of Frenchie, so I'm saying to myself the sista had to make it, yes, But then to know why her picture was really in the newspaper is quite sad. WELL IT's not the end of the world for her, like the many others EVE, LIL'KIM who had their days in the underground lime-light, she too can make it...
    TRUE DAT! TRUE DAT! AND EVE IS DOING REALLY WELL NOW..AFTER ALL THAT STRIPPIN SHE DID BACK IN THE DAY AS A YOUNGIN'

Credits
    To me the funny thing is she told them straight up what she did. Even wrote it in her application since November and they had no problem with it. It's also funny how they don't think she should be an American Idol because of it, when most of the famous Entertainers that we "idolize" have some scandolous past or present anyway. She did it when she was eighteen. For God's sake one of our Presidents once smoked weed and our "American Idol" can't show she boobs and get a recording contract?! That used to be a requirement. I really don't think it should have mattered. At least they're going to try to help her get a recording contract, so this might have been the best thing for her since she might not have won anyway....... I just can't picture her doing anything without her clothes on. Why Frenchie?! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Originally posted by HeavynlyTrini
    To me the funny thing is she told them straight up what she did. Even wrote it in her application since November and they had no problem with it. It's also funny how they don't think she should be an American Idol because of it, when most of the famous Entertainers that we "idolize" have some scandolous past or present anyway. She did it when she was eighteen. For God's sake one of our Presidents once smoked weed and our "American Idol" can't show she boobs and get a recording contract?! That used to be a requirement. I really don't think it should have mattered. At least they're going to try to help her get a recording contract, so this might have been the best thing for her since she might not have won anyway....... I just can't picture her doing anything without her clothes on. Why Frenchie?! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They probably didn't think that she would make it this far. I don't think that they even expected so many black people to be in the finals. So far out of the 4 that have been picked. 3 are black. Also, they didn't think that image would be so unimportant this year among the voters. So her chances of winning would have probably been really good. But I don't think the producers are ready for a heavy set black girl to be the next American Idol. We know how White America is obsessed with weight.
    Last edited by Dougla Ting; 02-13-2003 at 03:53 PM.

Credits
    Well..... I, for one, cannot wait for these pictures of Frenchie to be made public. Can you imagine seeing her au natural. I can't wait.

GGGGrrrrrrr........Frenchie.

Credits
    Originally posted by GeeDawg
    Well..... I, for one, cannot wait for these pictures of Frenchie to be made public. Can you imagine seeing her au natural. I can't wait.

GGGGrrrrrrr........Frenchie.

Credits
    ...I agree with you DT, the sista could reallly sing good....