Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: American Airlines is a joke.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban View Post
    I know horse. Try being number 54 in this queue

Miami is nowhere as congested as JFK, they just have plenty weather delays.
    Imagine dais de pic i got in my sig on a next site lol.

Yeh deo have alot of weather delays and immigration there can be a pain.

Buh people doh really understand de system... when pilots have a certain amt of hrs to fly all kinda rules.
    Last edited by Dr Insane; 07-31-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Credits
    I am their CEO.
    u wish negro

i never fly w/american....i rather pay a lil extra 50 bucks and go with another carrier. not me and dem.

T-MAKAA
    American baggage system back up at JFK
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Updated Thursday, July 31st 2008, 8:37 AM

American Airlines' baggage handling system at a Kennedy Airport terminal was up and running again Thursday, a day after a software glitch caused dozens of delays, cancellations and a luggage pileup at ticket counters.

The system was back up by 6 a.m. Thursday, said airline spokeswoman Andrea Huguely.

Six flights scheduled to depart from JFK early Thursday morning were canceled before the system was restored. The malfunction on Wednesday led to five cancellations and delays averaging 90 minutes on 48 flights out of Terminal 8, one of the newer airport buildings.

All the luggage was sorted and put into bins Wednesday night, said Huguely. "They are marked and ready to go to their destinations. They are awaiting the next aircraft."

She said couriers would deliver the baggage to passengers' homes Thursday. Passengers also had the option of picking up their own luggage at the airports where they landed.

Huguely said "a hardware-related issue" caused the problem with the baggage handling system, which she said was only a year old. She said airline technicians don't know why it happened.

On Wednesday, thousands of customers had to fly to their destinations without their luggage, and hundreds of bags accumulated in the terminal lobby.

The problem with the automated system developed at around 4:45 a.m. Wednesday. With the system down, airline employees had to sort each bag by hand.

American gave passengers the choice of waiting out the problem, traveling from another area airport or flying on and having the bags delivered later.

Because of the crisis, American waived its fees Wednesday for travelers checking fewer than three bags at JFK. Starting in June, the airline, like most of its competitors, has charged $15 for one checked bag or $40 for two bags. Passengers may still carry on luggage for free.

The airline noted that a majority of the flights affected by Wednesday's baggage problem were international and thus not subject to the fees in the first place.

Credits
    wow all this is crazy, is good thing i driving instead ah flying soon. by the time you done add up all the extra baggage fees it come out to more than gas. O they asy ayo can ask back for ayo baggage fees from them flight

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. QT CuTe View Post
    u wish negro

i never fly w/american....i rather pay a lil extra 50 bucks and go with another carrier. not me and dem.
    oooo u said the "N" word. ooooooo

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    oooo u said the "N" word. ooooooo

i said negro. not de odda one. LOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    Boy good luck oui. Cuz on the news this morning the AA terminal at JFK look a mess! They claim is some software problem. That's why my carryon does have enough clothes to last at least 3-4 days oui.
    bingo. i never pack for less than 3 days in my carry-on. i've learned my lesson from past glitches.

as for American... the quality has severely dropped. i used to avidly fly with them but in recent years i'm seeing that the planes are looking damn near neglected and they have way more delays than any other airline i currently fly. maybe it's bad luck, maybe it's bad management. either way, they need to fix up. we're paying out of our noses for tickets and i for one am not going to accept sub-par service.

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hershey View Post
    bingo. i never pack for less than 3 days in my carry-on. i've learned my lesson from past glitches.

as for American... the quality has severely dropped. i used to avidly fly with them but in recent years i'm seeing that the planes are looking damn near neglected and they have way more delays than any other airline i currently fly. maybe it's bad luck, maybe it's bad management. either way, they need to fix up. we're paying out of our noses for tickets and i for one am not going to accept sub-par service.
    wow hershey, since when you become ah airline tech? What subpar service? Do they carry you halfway to where you want to go and den drop you in the middle of the atlantic? You're paying them to get you from point A to point B, if you want anything else pay for it.

Credits
    wow hershey, since when you become ah airline tech? What subpar service? Do they carry you halfway to where you want to go and den drop you in the middle of the atlantic? You're paying them to get you from point A to point B, if you want anything else pay for it.
    Buh dred dem A300's really look fuk up, i know dey over 20 yrs old but come on. But i heard dey all will be retired by the end of 2009.... AA love dem cuz dey can take a lot of fackin cargo and a cash cow for dem latin American routes.

Credits

^you must work for them...i saw on the news they fired over 1500 maintainance workers who usually maintain the plane

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by up2detime View Post
    ^you must work for them...i saw on the news they fired over 1500 maintainance workers who usually maintain the plane
    If yuh cutting routes most likely yuh eh need dem.

Credits

he's one of the bag handlers.

NO WONDER BAGS ALWAYS END UP MISSING!!!

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    Buh dred dem A300's really look fuk up, i know dey over 20 yrs old but come on. But i heard dey all will be retired by the end of 2009.... AA love dem cuz dey can take a lot of fackin cargo and a cash cow for dem latin American routes.
    20 year old planes mean nothing. Check Northwest's DC-9s
    They only getting retired early due to fuel prices. I think they were supposed to stay until 2013.
    Yea, I am a fired AA tech. How ever did you know?

Credits
    20 year old planes mean nothing. Check Northwest's DC-9s
    They only getting retired early due to fuel prices. I think they were supposed to stay until 2013.
    Dey will be replace with 787?

Credits
    subpar meaning, the last 2 times i flew with them, the damn plane smelled like the latrine had not been cleaned in months, there were a few compartments that did not close fully and the plane itself was dirty. that to me is a significant drop in service from what i'm used to with American. i used to fly exclusively with them but no longer. flying me from point A to point B is one thing but hell, even in the military while flying from overseas back to the US in the hull of a C-130, while sitting in uncomfortable ass jump-seats, at least the damn plane was clean & didn't smell to high hell. so as i said before, i'm paying for it, i want better service. i'm not saying i need food because i've generally brought my own food on planes even when theirs was free, but you think asking for the plane to be clean is too much? not i.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast