Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: American Airlines is a joke.

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
    So this morning, i arrived in at the airport(JFK) to and went to self check in. From their i realized the bag conveyor was not working, so i proceed to carry my luggage to an employee who put the luggage in with a bunch of other luggage which seemed like they were going other places. The flight ends up getting delayed and suppose 2 leave at 9:30 but leaves at 11. The stewardist makes an annoucement only some of the luggage was boarded on because of the problems with the conveyor belt in NY. When i reach Barbados this afternoon there was only 6 pieces of luggage on the damn plane. Now i had to go through the courtesy counter and fill out paperwork so when my bag reaches they say they will deliver it to me. All i have are the clothes that were in my carry on. Steupes.

And to think they still wanted us to pay for food. HA!
    Dred yea its jacked up what happened. What you should do is write the corporate office and let them know what happened. They'll most likely dump some extra FF miles into you AAdvantage account and probably give you a small credit to use on future flights. You gotta know how to make the system work for you.

But in terms of the flight, don't forget where you're leaving from. JFK!!! Sometimes its better to leave even if it means your luggage gets temporarily left behind than not being able to get a slot for take off.

Now that food thing, yuh cyah complain, cause luggage or not, yuh wasn't getting food anyway. If yuh want food, buy ah business class ticket or shut up. Yuh cyah want tuh fly cheap and expect the world, not when jet fuel at these high prices.
    Last edited by Soca Taliban; 07-31-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    But yuh have to understand dey cah keep de flight in de gate waiting for bags to get down from de terminal. Dat same gate is needed for a flight on it's way. Den yuh have people waiting for that same aircraft back to ny from bim. Den dat same aircraft after it comes from BIM might have to fly to another destination den de whole schedule will fuk up . And So many destinations how long will it take to look at all these bags to 100's of destinations?? maybe a good 6 hours. I'm sure yuh wouldn't want to be waiting for 6 hrs...
    Dis wha people doh understand. I usually avoid JFK at all cost if I have to. I booked ah flight to London that backtracked me to Raliegh from DC then to Heathrow just to avoid JFK or ORD. Coming back I had no choice but to go through JFK. My flight to DC from JFK was 40 mins long. My taxi from the gate to the runway was 1.5 hours. When you get a slot you gotta go. Its cheaper to bring people and dem grip on later flights.

Credits
    yeah but you know nyc ppl

we eh gonna do all ah that..it there in queens..well find ourselevs there

Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban View Post
    Dis wha people doh understand. I usually avoid JFK at all cost if I have to. I booked ah flight to London that backtracked me to Raliegh from DC then to Heathrow just to avoid JFK or ORD. Coming back I had no choice but to go through JFK. My flight to DC from JFK was 40 mins long. My taxi from the gate to the runway was 1.5 hours. When you get a slot you gotta go. Its cheaper to bring people and dem grip on later flights.

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by southern chic View Post
    I HATE American! I travelled with them when I went home. Every blasted plane had an issue. If it's not somebody sick and we have to go back to the gate so dem and their luggage to get off the plane it's an overhead bin that cyar close and we have to wait for ah fix it person to come put ah PIECE OF TAPE on the bin with ah sign that says do not open!
    I will never fly with them again. It's too much craziness, I'd rather pay the lil extra and fly delta or something.
    How is somebody getting sick American's fault?? If they getting off the plane doesn't it make sense to remove their luggage also? ALL airlines encounter tech problems, if you think flying Delta will erase all your traveling woes, you'll be sorely disappointed. Like yuh forget the system glitch that virtually brought Delta to a hault a few years back. Or have fun connecting through Atlanta when there's bad weather.

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dutty View Post
    yeah but you know nyc ppl

we eh gonna do all ah that..it there in queens..well find ourselevs there
    Den nyc folks gonna be some complaining mofos for a while.

Credits
    4 d record I never had any major luggage problem with continental......1 time ah reach back Jersey and meh bag wasn't ready and by d time ah reach home it was dey and dey was ready too deliver it to mehv house......I suspect customs was digging tru it and dats why it got out late.
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Den nyc folks gonna be some complaining mofos for a while.
    i never complain you know how much women in the airport to pick up

Credits
    How is somebody getting sick American's fault?? If they getting off the plane doesn't it make sense to remove their luggage also? ALL airlines encounter tech problems, if you think flying Delta will erase all your traveling woes, you'll be sorely disappointed. Like yuh forget the system glitch that virtually brought Delta to a hault a few years back. Or have fun connecting through Atlanta when there's bad weather.
    I didn't say it was the airline fault yuh know. Every single flight had a problem with American, every one. I expect a problem here and there when flying but not on every flight man. come on! Granted the problems were mostly in Miami (an airport I detest). In trini they delayed the flight 2 hrs then to top it off ah woman gets sick!

Delta has direct flights to Trini so I will take my chances with them, if the flight gets a bit delayed I won't be so angry cuz it's just one plane I'm getting on.
    Wham you workin for American or what?
    Trinidad Posse!

Credits
    I HATE American! I travelled with them when I went home. Every blasted plane had an issue. If it's not somebody sick and we have to go back to the gate so dem and their luggage to get off the plane it's an overhead bin that cyar close and we have to wait for ah fix it person to come put ah PIECE OF TAPE on the bin with ah sign that says do not open!
    I will never fly with them again. It's too much craziness, I'd rather pay the lil extra and fly delta or something.
    It was not dey fault!!,The computer System shut down. If some one is sick what do you expect them to do? leave them on board? then do an Emergency landing on the way?. Then dey would still have to open up to get the persons luggage off. These are some Emergencies you just can't avoid people egtting sick.

Credits
    Dred i does be listening to de tower... Some times on an afternoon 80 planes line up for take off. Let's just say traffic jam!!!.

Credits
    It was not dey fault!!,The computer System shut down. If some one is sick what do you expect them to do? leave them on board? then do an Emergency landing on the way?. Then dey would still have to open up to get the persons luggage off. These are some Emergencies you just can't avoid people egtting sick.
    See my previous post.
    Trinidad Posse!

Credits

Cool

I didn't say it was the airline fault yuh know. Every single flight had a problem with American, every one. I expect a problem here and there when flying but not on every flight man. come on! Granted the problems were mostly in Miami (an airport I detest). In trini they delayed the flight 2 hrs then to top it off ah woman gets sick!

Delta has direct flights to Trini so I will take my chances with them, if the flight gets a bit delayed I won't be so angry cuz it's just one plane I'm getting on.
    I am their CEO.

Credits

Well you were unlucky say that. If you going tro KMIA you looking for hell, just like JFK the airport is congested. Some times if a flight is delayed 2 hours it can be the airlines fault... maybe weather problems....

Credits

Cool

Dred i does be listening to de tower... Some times on an afternoon 80 planes line up for take off. Let's just say traffic jam!!!.
    I know horse. Try being number 54 in this queue
    Well you were unlucky say that. If you going tro KMIA you looking for hell, just like JFK the airport is congested. Some times if a flight is delayed 2 hours it can be the airlines fault... maybe weather problems....
    Miami is nowhere as congested as JFK, they just have plenty weather delays.

Credits
    good news I got my eurotrash napsack and suit bag on as carryon........bad news dese fockers now saying we delayed an hour to change ah batter in d apu........CEO......handle business nah man.....
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast