Thread: Am I wrong for feeling like this?????

Credits

Am I wrong for feeling like this?????

Okay family, I am pissed..............

The company that I work for, A large well known firm, conducted an employee poll. One of the issues was diversity. So some smart person came up with the idea to start a diversity committee (all black) and send out invitations to all the black people to attend this commitee. My question is doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of diversity? How dare you single out 1 group of people. What happen to the white, spanish, asian, gay, and the woman? Does anyone understand where I am coming from?

Credits

Re: Am I wrong for feeling like this?????

Originally posted by CHARMED77

The company that I work for, A large well known firm, conducted an employee poll. One of the issues was diversity. So some smart person came up with the idea to start a diversity committee (all black) and send out invitations to all the black people to attend this commitee. My question is doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of diversity? How dare you single out 1 group of people. What happen to the white, spanish, asian, gay, and the woman? Does anyone understand where I am coming from?
    WOW...and you job allowed such a program...WOW...I think that, that program really goes against the true meaning of diversity...if you go then all the people in the office will know where all yall folks are at to burn yall to the stake....seriously I think that whomever came up with that idea is an IDIOT!

Credits
    Thank u for replying. I know lately that all the slack posts get the responses but I just needed to vent. At least now I know that I am not crazy. I don't know what the hell they was thinking. I feel like just going and giving them a piece of my mind.

Credits
    On the face of it, it seems like their desire to create a diversity program was disingenuous at best. Like whoever it was really didn't actually care about diversity; more likely they were forced to do it or had some outside influence by some diversity coordinator or whatever. Just sounds like a company covering they ar$e more than actually caring.

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits

Re: Am I wrong for feeling like this?????

Originally posted by CHARMED77

I can see where that goes away from the purpose of a diversity committee! What would this commitee work on for the company! If anything like another company that had a diversity problem, they had a commitee which represented for all races and religions which was not for one race, everyone is involved!

Credits
    Exactly. I would be interested in a committee of this sort if it was done differently. They should have invited everyone. Diversity means difference. Black, White, Asian, Latino, Gay, woman, whatever just different. I feel like I was just slapped in my face. Can you imagine working somewhere for over 3 years were you felt that you was being treated fairly and someone drops a personalized invite like this in your lap? When I am done expressing my thoughts on there whole backwards approach to diversity they would not like me. I was not brought up like this. My mother raise me to be tolerant of everyone regardless of race, religion, creed etc.........