Thread: Am i the only one that thinks KWANZA is a JOKE?

MrBlackRock

Am i the only one that thinks KWANZA is a JOKE?

i don't mean to offend black americans (though if you are offended i won't care) but ... why people feel the need to belong so much.. they have that "but what about us" attitude ...... lawd... sorry i read something about it and it annoyed me

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I was wondering how in the world did you think about Kwanza in Mid-May.

From what Iíve read about it, the creator wanted to create a holiday for African-Americans so they can celebrate something thatís not commercialized, I guess. But it seems as of late itís going down the same commercial road that the other holidays were going.

Anyway, what did you read that made you feel this way?
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

MrBlackRock
    Originally posted by shandy
    I was wondering how in the world did you think about Kwanza in Mid-May.

From what Iíve read about it, the creator wanted to create a holiday for African-Americans so they can celebrate something thatís not commercialized, I guess. But it seems as of late itís going down the same commercial road that the other holidays were going.

Anyway, what did you read that made you feel this way?
    Boston Phoenix - the Commercialization of Kwanza , yes in mid may. cause some cunnies are preparing for it now

Credits
    Kwanza was not meant to be a holiday, it's really supposed to be a way of life for the African American Community.

Credits

I like

Kwanza it good for black people.

MrBlackRock

Re: I like

Originally posted by Cimo 2
    Kwanza it good for black people.
    i find it to be an excuse... to say...."we have something too.. "when de same people dat celebrating it got children dat robbing people and ain changing their ways....

Holidays and Historical moments exist because they Represent change, and exlemplify effect..... Kwanza is neither.. and its fabricated.

Credits

Re: Re: I like

Originally posted by MrBlackRock
    i find it to be an excuse... to say...."we have something too.. "when de same people dat celebrating it got children dat robbing people and ain changing their ways....

Holidays and Historical moments exist because they Represent change, and exlemplify effect..... Kwanza is neither.. and its fabricated.
    The actions of peoples children have nothing to do with them giving respect and promoting their heritage with something spiritual rather than a celebration...
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

MrBlackRock

Re: Re: Re: I like

Originally posted by Kamasutra
    The actions of peoples children have nothing to do with them giving respect and promoting their heritage with something spiritual rather than a celebration...
    NO. It lacks spirituallity and its lacking in the effective dept. Dem ain giving respect because none ah dem give a france about how people of dey heritage living all like now. Its like escaping off a sinking ship in an airplane and waving at de people who drowning.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: I like

Originally posted by MrBlackRock
    NO. It lacks spirituallity and its lacking in the effective dept. Dem ain giving respect because none ah dem give a france about how people of dey heritage living all like now. Its like escaping off a sinking ship in an airplane and waving at de people who drowning.
    I am sure there are people who see this as an opportunity to exploit whatever commercial gains they can from it....but on a whole i hope its intention is based more on race and cultural eminence.
    www.VibesFromVenus.com